We’ve Hidden a $2,000 Seaholm Watch in the Woods

skygear

Greenie
Mar 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately I cannot hunt this hunt. the cost to get there would outlay the benefit for the family and myself. If I wasn't over half immobilized in recovery, we would have drove cross country for this as there is the Overland Expo going on too. Would be awesome for someone to find this.

https://expeditionportal.com/weve-hidden-a-seaholm-watch-in-the-woods/

We’ve Hidden a $2,000 Seaholm Watch in the Woods
Chris Cordes / May 14th, 2018
Remember those treasure hunts you dreamed of as a kid? Those adventures where you’d don your Indiana Jones hat and drive off into the sunset in search of riches hidden deep in the wilderness? Well, we’ve teamed up with Seaholm Watches to make those dreams come true. Somewhere in Northern Arizona, we’ve hidden a $2,000 Offshore Diver watch in a bright orange case. It’s perfectly positioned for pickup on your way to or from the Overland Expo, and the first person to find it wins! The finder will also win a three-year subscription to Overland Journal, and a bonus prize pack of swag.

So what’s the catch? Well, there are 120,000 people out there with the same information you have! If someone beats you to the watch, just post a picture of yourself at the location, and you’ll still receive a mini-subscription to Overland Journal. It’s not worth $2,000, but it does contain a wealth of adventure and inspiration!

Alright, enough with the chit-chat, you’re here to find a watch! To help you on your hunt, the coordinator gave us the following hints.

We explored the forests, mountains, and cliffs overlooking majestic red rock canyons. South of the 40, West of the 17, East of the 89 and North of 89A. It’s a moderate overland route that can be done with any 4-wheel drive or adventure motorcycle.

Here are some ideas to get you started:

35°05’51.0″N 112°25’19.4″W

35°15’18.0″N 111°56’19.5″W

35°13’08.0″N 112°16’37.3″W

35°13’08.0″N 112°16’37.3″W

35°02’47.8″N 111°43’60.0″W

Stay updated with daily clues and bread crumbs on the Overland Journal and Expedition Portal Facebook pages. Remember to stay sharp and look for clues hidden in our posts!

About Seaholm and the Watch
SEAHOLM Watches launched earlier this year after several years of design and testing before making them available. Their approach is to design to a higher standard than typical automatic watches, with a focus on building legacy worthy timepieces that can be used all the time in any environment and conditions. Much like overlanders, they are durable and dependable for exploring the world.

The Offshore is a true dive watch designed for extensive use under water. Each model features a Diver’s 200M designation, ensuring that every watch produced has undergone rigorous tests for water resistance, shock resistance, anti-magnetism, corrosion and underwater visibility. The uni-directional rotating bezel ensures diving safety and simplifies timing any activity. The watch is designed for various offshore activities including scuba and deep diving.

https://expeditionportal.com/weve-hidden-a-seaholm-watch-in-the-woods/

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
unfortunately isn't in My Woods

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi David Attenborough could film the hunt and call it Stampede of the Donut Scoffers TP

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Unless it's made out of precious metal the cost of the watch is just in the name,screw that.Not worth the time or energy.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh crap...

This one ?

Sorry I will put it back...

Damn it fit perfect too... sheesh

d42f8c0bfb0ecbc09c2c01d2631da1dc.jpg

OP
OP
skygear

skygear

Greenie
Mar 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We hunt treasure daily. Some others don't. It gives the people into that specific Target audience or travel method an opportunity to use their skills to find a valuable item to Bragg about. I've got gold bars with more than that. Still an interesting hunt though

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Why the negativity? Would it be different if it were a gold coin, or a chocolate cake? Stuff like this is FUN! If you can't take part don't be bitter. Adventure comes in many flavors. If you don't like this one, find one you do.:occasion14:

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
Why the negativity? Would it be different if it were a gold coin, or a chocolate cake? Stuff like this is FUN! If you can't take part don't be bitter. Adventure comes in many flavors. If you don't like this one, find one you do.:occasion14:

Right on Terry!!

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Le'me see here-

The area given for the search is about 90 square miles(25 minutes longitude is about 28 miles).

The plan is to have 120,000 people searching.

That works out to around 1,300 people per a square mile, of about two people per an acre.....

So, can I plant a corner post and claim a half acre? That'd be more funner. :tongue3:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know that area VERY well. In fact, if you are an Arizona gold prospector, given the clues and coordinates, you are probably already wearing the watch! :occasion14:

buck8point

Apr 22, 2018
Iberville Parish, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 / Garrett AT Max /
Garrett Pro Pointer / Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know that area VERY well. In fact, if you are an Arizona gold prospector, given the clues and coordinates, you are probably already wearing the watch! :occasion14:

I looked at the picture clues and guessed the general location before even looking at the coordinates and the east of/west of....
Its in Georgous, Scenic, Rugged Country... the Hunt alone would be worthwhile just for the scenery there..

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is freaking awesome. I wish more companies would do this! Not close enough for me though.

I recently purchase a Seiko Padi Diver watch and I'm not sure I see why this Seaholm cost 4x. It has a Sapphire Crystal thats worth maybe an extra $200 and a well-known factory Swiss movement, but other than that the accuracy isn't any better. I loose -3/4 sec daily.

At $2000 your in the TAG, Tudor, Omega Seamaster price range. I think at $1000-1200 this watch a decent buy.

OP
OP
skygear

skygear

Greenie
Mar 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We already planned on attending Overland Expo West this year. That was before the accident I was involved in a month-and-a-half ago on my motorcycle. Now my four kids and I are just planning for some easy summer trips then 6 to 8 hours as I recover in preparation for a 30 plus our trip up to Vermont in September for some exploring.

I'm with you though, this is an excellent opportunity for people to find this watch and going on a treasure hunt. The clues that are given already are in fact of vast area. Amount of people that are actually going to be searching, probably a handful. But they will be giving out of ditional hints and stuff or the next short period of time to actually locate the watch if it hasn't been found already which I assume they would announce in the article.

My kids actually are the ones you spotted this, and said "Dad, look we can go find a new watch! All the others we find are broken and old and don't work, but this one's brand new!" 20180517_142102.jpeg

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ll go if someone wants to come by and pick me up. I live in Niagara Falls ontario.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a fun time!
But it's over there and i'm over here.
Maybe next time.
Good luck to those hunting!