Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The wife and I had some errands to run and we had finished them. She had a meeting to go to in about an hour and so we stopped at the small town only gas station/convenience store. It has about the best homemade hamburgers in the county. But we were just killing a little time and just got a water and a little snack and we sat down to chill. There was this quarter machine that people play, has a pile of quarters in it and you try to get it to dump the quarters at the edge. Anyways, this guy put a couple of dollars of quarters in it and gets nothing so he leaves. A couple of minutes later, I start hearing a quarter falling off the edge and then another. Nobody is around so to claim it we got 75 cents out of the machine for free. Found a couple pretty good finds metal detecting and they will be posted later today. Did I mention that my wife brought me a large chocolate frosty? Oh yeah, she called me earlier and said that the school was getting rid of a bunch of really nice office chairs, so we got six very nice ones for free. We kept two and gave the rest to people that had a use for them. And, it was the wife's last day of school and so she is off for the summer so she is very excited and has threatened to kick my butt in the morning detecting....shouldn't be hard, my butt has been dragging the last year. DL

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just take the coil cover off and tape a penny to the bottom of the coil.:laughing7:

Reminds me of when I was doing some cleaning and repairs to the old ATP..The rubber washers that go in the thumb screw that attach the coil to the shaft were worn out so I replaced them...First time out ,this thing is going nuts! On, off, on ,off, change batteries, triple check settings...and then realized I had used stainless washers! Duhhh...not my finest moment! Ddf.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread