Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So we were at the World famous Wally World and the wife had gone inside to get something. I was sitting in the truck waiting on her to get done. I have a silver 4 door Tacoma and was sitting near the entrance to the store. After a bit, I saw her coming out and of course, went down the wrong isle. As I sat there, in plain view or at least I thought so, she headed straight to this much bigger 4 door silver Silverado. The Silverado was actually straight across from me and I could see her face as she jerked hard on the door handle trying to get it open. Now I have to admit that I have on occasion, been guilty of "accidentally" locked her door with the electric door lock. So she was actually getting pretty mad as she jerked harder at the door. So about the time that she began trying to see inside the truck to give me the "Look," I honked the horn and startled her. The look on her face was worth it as she suddenly realized what she had done or was trying to do. To me, the other truck was much larger and sat up higher with dark windows...duh! Now she was all grins as she climbed into "our" truck. "All I saw was silver truck and 4 doors," she said as she looked over to me. Now I have to admit to getting into the wrong truck years ago but I immediately knew from all of the extra stuff that I had made a mistake. it was the exact model and color of my truck. I waited and told the owner what I had done and he just laughed.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I once used my key to unlock my ford, got in, turned to put a bag in back seat and saw a child's seat, I thought "why is there a child seat in my car", turned out it wasn't my car, looked just like my car except for the car seat, same year, model and color and my door key unlocked the car. I got out and went to my car a half block down.

Dr. Syn

Feb 15, 2011
Lakeland, Florida
Cars/trucks tend to be a guy thing. I remember at night as a kid we could tell what kind of car was coming down the road just by seeing the lights, made it easy to make haste when having a beer, when we saw the old Fury's the cops drove coming at us.

Bet she could never mistake a pair of shoes, and can probably recite from memory when/where/and how much she spent on each pair she owns.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cars/trucks tend to be a guy thing. I remember at night as a kid we could tell what kind of car was coming down the road just by seeing the lights, made it easy to make haste when having a beer, when we saw the old Fury's the cops drove coming at us.

Bet she could never mistake a pair of shoes, and can probably recite from memory when/where/and how much she spent on each pair she owns.

yeah, I am always telling her that most guys are into details far more than most females. Actually she isn't so much into the she shoe thing but she makes up for it in other things LOL.

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One time I was sitting in my truck at a store , some lady jumped in passenger door . She looked at me and exclaimed '' Oh my Gosh , You're not my husband '' we both laughed .

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I once used my key to unlock my ford, got in, turned to put a bag in back seat and saw a child's seat, I thought "why is there a child seat in my car", turned out it wasn't my car, looked just like my car except for the car seat, same year, model and color and my door key unlocked the car. I got out and went to my car a half block down.
Been there, done that with an identical Jeep. It was unlocked and I sat inside trying to get my key to work. Stood at the car for a few minutes to convince the owner I meant no harm but they didn't show. ╦╦Ç

MoonTzu

Apr 24, 2018
Sunny San Diego, California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Elite 2200 (bought used), GP pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tried to open the hatch of the car I had before the one I have now. Dang! The hatch won't unlock! WTF? I worked the problem for several long seconds before it occurred to me there was a person sitting in the driver's seat of my car! Wait a sec … THIS ISN'T MY CAR!

My car (same make, model, color) was in roughly the same position in the parking lot, one aisle over. How many gold '85 Toyota Tercel 4WD wagons can there be in one Vons parking lot? Two. The answer is two.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Try working for a company that uses a fleet of vehicles that all look identical.

Not only that, but my key opens the doors of some of the other trucks! :tongue3:

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great story Dirtlooter. Years ago I had something similar happen to me. I had bought a new Ford Ranger and this was before everyone had the auto keys. I had gone to our local Richway retail store at the time and parked. I went into the store and returned a short time later and attempted to unlock my truck with the key. My truck was red with silver trim. I tried to unlock my door to no avail. I backed up and tried again. No luck. I take a few steps back and look at what I thought was my truck. What the heck? I then looked up the aisle and about 5 or six vehicles away sat my truck. I looked behind me and there was a gentleman who had stopped in the middle of the aisle and was observing me and my actions. I had my keys in my hand. I asked the gentleman if this was his truck and he replied yes that it was. I told him with keys in hand that I had accidentally tried to unlock the wrong truck that mine was just up the aisle and was exactly like his, same color, same trim, same wheels and tires. I started walking towards my truck and upon reaching it, I unlocked it. As I turned around the gentleman was standing just to the rear of his truck watching what I was doing. As I swung my door open, the gentleman smiled and waved upon seeing my truck and that I was telling him the truth. Doh!

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hell, I went to a local spot in my Honda for breakfast, came out and walked up to a '95 red/silver Ford pick-up, pulled the keys to my '95 red/silver F150 out of my pocket and attempted to unlock it with the remote with 22 year-old batteries that sometimes work and sometimes don't. When they didn't, I tried the key and it wouldn't turn. "Damn old ass truck" and then I go to get the extra key outta the toolbox. That's when I noticed that my low profile aluminum toolbox was a black high rise on a F250 and proceeded to slink on down the sidewalk to my car hoping that nobody had noticed the old fool. I rarely have both vehicle keys in my pocket and just pulled out the wrong one, coupled with not even remembering which vehicle I was driving. I did run into the couple in the same restaurant a few days later and told them what happened. Glad I could give 'em a good laugh. Ha ha.

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Similar here too. Was waiting for the wife at a FL Walgreens and some guy comes out of the store, hops in my passenger seat, closes the door, buckles his seat belt, says "ok where we going now", then turns and looks at me and .....sez.... Rut Row!..... the people in the next car belonged to him and saw the whole thing and were laughing.......My car is Pearl color and there's was silver?

Also..... Had a Chevy Citation and one day at Sears I unlocked the door with my key and got in but the key wouldn't turn in the ignition. Then I saw some junk hanging on the mirror.... rut row.... got outta there fast. Was surprised my key fit and unlocked the door.

Last edited:

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well, it's nice to know that We Are Not Alone. Lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread