A Wild Tennessee WOLF SPIDER / W Young!!!

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Great.. I was going to visit him...winter maybe?

That would probably be the best time to avoid the chiggers but with the two-track (old wagon road) behind his' and Bonnie's house currently being off limits, you will avoid most of the chiggers unless Brad takes you somewhere else in the woods around there. We just never got to venture around with the two-track off limits and because we were building toy boxes.

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You bet he does and they are the worse of the worse. Hell, if I had a choice, I think I would take on the Wolf Spider before I would go trolling the woods around Brad's for chiggers. Once you have had a case of them little nasty Ba&*(()ds, you never want to go back in the woods.

Whoosey!!!! Hell I can't get Frank out of his designated bed room once he gets here. He only comes out when he gets hungry enough...! :laughing7: Something like that... right Frank?

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Last edited:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Trouble is you can actually see a large Wolf spider... but you can't see a large chigger! We just spray down with OFF from top to bottom and it works great. Believe me Ol' Frank knows how to use a can of OFF now and how to apply!!!!

I kinda lied about the part he just stays in his bedroom and only comes out when hungry. And I got to admit he's a pretty damn good helper on my toy boxes also now. But he surely is a little girl when somebody mentions CHIGGERS! :laughing7: (it's only funny when the other guys has them)... :occasion14:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Flame throwers do count!

Since the mountain that Brad lives on is mostly woods with weeds and underbrush, a controlled wildfire burn (just burns the weeds, underbrush, dead leaves and downed trees & limbs) would help a lot. However, I would feel sorry for the person or persons doing the controlled burn because the chiggers would be on them like flies on poop.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL! I'm laughing at some of the replies, speaking of mom & baby...she earned the name as "Mad Momma", she was a gentle cow until she had a calf. Lordy, she was dangerous.

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey genius here finally figured out how to post my wolf spider pics in the "Daily Snapshot" forum now. Damn I'm smart!!

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wolf spiders are about the only spider I don't fear.

I am freak-out afraid of brown spiders. I killed two brown recluse in the house this year, one of them in my bed room.

A decade or so ago I was bitten behind the ear, in my sleep, by an unidentified spider. The area around the bite blew up like a golf ball to the point where my ear stuck out funny, the wound began to abscess, and I needed medical attention. I don't want to go through that again, and with a brown spider bite there is a chance of fatality.

Meh, I guess its up to the spiders whether or not.

Machkin

Nov 22, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why did I suddenly have to itch all over after reading this?

Bama Billy

Apr 2, 2018
Central Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you know it’s wild? It could be domesticated and just out for a stroll.

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How do you know it’s wild? It could be domesticated and just out for a stroll.

You know "Bama Billy"... now that I look a little closer I do see a collar around her neck. She must of just got off the leash..? :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions