It was 22 years ago this Memorial weekend, By the Grace of God, 22 Bonus Years Now!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had been having terrible headaches and I mean terrible. I was working lots of hours and needed to be working even more. I went to the local small town doctor and it was 1st a sinus infection and he told me to take Sudafed. Then it had to be migraines. I was taking every kind of headache pill that I could find. I even tried Midol, desperate times mean desperate measures. I was taking Tylenol by the handful but nothing helped. ( I totally messed up my liver in the process). Then during the Memorial holiday, on Monday night, I had the headache that made me want to just die right then. I managed to make it to daylight and made my way out to the truck where the sun actually felt pretty good.
I lay down in the bed of the truck and passed out. About noon, the wife came home to check on me and managed to wake me up. I had her to drive me to the hospital. No one ever rode with her, she was the worst driver ever with the accidents to prove it (1st wife.) As I found out later, it was the next day before these doctors figured out what my problem was and finally sent me by helicopter to Sparks Hospital in FT Smith. 14 days later, after a clip was put in and the brain area cleaned etc. I was able to go home.

When I went in for my 6 week check up, The Neurosurgeon looked up and told me that there was absolutely no way that I could be still alive, he shook his head and said that he had never seen anything like it. I told him that God wasn't thru with me yet. He told me that my previous terrible headaches had been in fact, small brain bleeds and that when the blood was outside of it's normal place, it had become a foreign object on the brain. It was just the start of more bad things to come and they all stemmed from a miss diagnosed case of severe sleep apnea. Oh yeah, I didn't have a shirt on when I lay in the back of the truck, got really sunburned too. My blood pressure was over 200 on both the top and the bottom reading, the Sudafed had made it worse. Blood pressure, the silent killer! DL

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you made it through all that dirtlooter, I enjoy reading your posts here and hope you're around another 22 years, at least.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You never forget stuff like this. Mine was October 1, 1961. Got hit by a car and was dead for an hour. And for all those who don't believe either story, best of luck to you. I however, do not believe in luck. In any way, shape or form.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
glad to see you back God has a time and a place for you it wasn't time yet

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What a terrible ordeal, so glad you were able to recover! :angel2: We really enjoy your posts. :occasion14:

May God Bless

weekender

Feb 28, 2009
Arkansas-River Valley-Ft. Smith
Detector(s) used
Prism V
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Small world:

My Memorial Day was 40+ years ago.
35' fall off a bluff head first
Fractured skull & broken arm
Coma for 3 days
Last rites administered and called the family in
Also in Ft Smith

Btw: dirtlooter, glad your still with us

-Weekender

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
God has a plan for all of us, sometimes not understood until he explains it to us. Carry on with the plan. ╦╦Ç

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What is so cool, I very rarely get a headache now and usually a Tylenol or something similar takes care of it quickly. Yeah, in spite of any of my circumstances, I am a very blessed man. Not everyone gets a second chance, we are not promised our next breath. And I too, do not believe in luck.

Kansas_Jayhawk

Mar 11, 2017
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 and Tesoro Silver uMicromax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had been having terrible headaches and I mean terrible. I was working lots of hours and needed to be working even more. I went to the local small town doctor and it was 1st a sinus infection and he told me to take Sudafed. Then it had to be migraines. I was taking every kind of headache pill that I could find. I even tried Midol, desperate times mean desperate measures. I was taking Tylenol by the handful but nothing helped. ( I totally messed up my liver in the process). Then during the Memorial holiday, on Monday night, I had the headache that made me want to just die right then. I managed to make it to daylight and made my way out to the truck where the sun actually felt pretty good.
I lay down in the bed of the truck and passed out. About noon, the wife came home to check on me and managed to wake me up. I had her to drive me to the hospital. No one ever rode with her, she was the worst driver ever with the accidents to prove it (1st wife.) As I found out later, it was the next day before these doctors figured out what my problem was and finally sent me by helicopter to Sparks Hospital in FT Smith. 14 days later, after a clip was put in and the brain area cleaned etc. I was able to go home.

When I went in for my 6 week check up, The Neurosurgeon looked up and told me that there was absolutely no way that I could be still alive, he shook his head and said that he had never seen anything like it. I told him that God wasn't thru with me yet. He told me that my previous terrible headaches had been in fact, small brain bleeds and that when the blood was outside of it's normal place, it had become a foreign object on the brain. It was just the start of more bad things to come and they all stemmed from a miss diagnosed case of severe sleep apnea. Oh yeah, I didn't have a shirt on when I lay in the back of the truck, got really sunburned too. My blood pressure was over 200 on both the top and the bottom reading, the Sudafed had made it worse. Blood pressure, the silent killer! DL

Glad you are still with us and hopefully God is using you

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sometimes God uses us whether we want Him to or not but it is usually better if we do it willingly

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You never forget stuff like this. Mine was October 1, 1961. Got hit by a car and was dead for an hour. And for all those who don't believe either story, best of luck to you. I however, do not believe in luck. In any way, shape or form.

Were you hit by dirtlooters wife?

chub

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dirtlooter I don’t know you personally but I always enjoy reading your posts. You are a very knowledgeable man. I’m glad your feeling better and hope it’s all behind you now. Take care and keep doing what you like...

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is so cool, I very rarely get a headache now and usually a Tylenol or something similar takes care of it quickly. Yeah, in spite of any of my circumstances, I am a very blessed man. Not everyone gets a second chance, we are not promised our next breath. And I too, do not believe in luck.

Looter, i, among many here, are very glad you're around to deliver us inspirational words. You have too many bucket listers to find yet! So...off on a tangent, Nov 18, 1987...Kings Cross Railway Station, London. A fire broke out, due to a match or cigarette dropped down an escalator shaft. 31 people perished. Here is where the world gets small...30 people were identified, 1 would not be id'd for a long time. This person, known as body 115, rested in an unmarked grave. Finally, after exhaustive research, and a lot of people coming forward to claim 115 as theirs due to monetary compensation, body 115 was identified as the result of a clip installed in his brain in 1980 due to an aneurysm. A rare, Asian clip, called a Sugita clip, was used as this surgeon preferred them over all others, and that is what positively identified body 115, Alexander Fallon...my grandfather. Mom was raised in Falkirk, Scotland and came to the states in 1962-ish. Don't mean to hijack things Looter, but your story struck a certain chord with me today. Thanks, Ddf.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looter, i, among many here, are very glad you're around to deliver us inspirational words. You have too many bucket listers to find yet! So...off on a tangent, Nov 18, 1987...Kings Cross Railway Station, London. A fire broke out, due to a match or cigarette dropped down an escalator shaft. 31 people perished. Here is where the world gets small...30 people were identified, 1 would not be id'd for a long time. This person, known as body 115, rested in an unmarked grave. Finally, after exhaustive research, and a lot of people coming forward to claim 115 as theirs due to monetary compensation, body 115 was identified as the result of a clip installed in his brain in 1980 due to an aneurysm. A rare, Asian clip, called a Sugita clip, was used as this surgeon preferred them over all others, and that is what positively identified body 115, Alexander Fallon...my grandfather. Mom was raised in Falkirk, Scotland and came to the states in 1962-ish. Don't mean to hijack things Looter, but your story struck a certain chord with me today. Thanks, Ddf.

Yes, I have a clip in my brain too. For some reason, my family/parents forgot that I had one. When the strokes began kicking in, they wanted to do an MRI (different hospital). I kept telling them that I had a metal clip but my parents said that I had it all wrong. After the MRI, the person doing it told me that I had better never do that again with the metal clip in my head. I know another person, a lady that had survived from her aneurysm but her father did not. also knew several people that did not either. And no, you did not hijack my post, your story is a very awesome one in it's own right...awesome meaning sad but amazing. I think more people should know about something like your story about your grandfather. Thanks, Jerry

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread