Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone good news, I got an update from kevin and hes on the mend !!!! Wooo hoooo super good news !!!. It wont be long before hes swinging and posting again, and although he still has quite a road to travel to full recovery, it sounds like hes made significant progress !! He says hello and thanks for all the well wishes. And yes he already has his first recovery hunt on his mind and a spot picked out !! Hopefully some more therapy and hard work will pay off for him in the not to far future !! Woo hoo kevin !!! Glad your on the mend brother !!

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great news! Thanks for the update.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to hear he's recovering well. A stroke is a terrible thing and many never recover enough to do the things we all take for granted. So my prayers are out for kevin.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoa! Thank you very much kind sir Bart. He truly is a man of integrity. We all take life a bit for granted. Well, I know longer do. On April 8, 2018 I had a right cerebral hemisphere stroke. Sounds pretty severe and it is. All is in God's hands now. I am finally staying at my place now. I have right side issues and can walk like a zombie. BTW, i am right handed and my right arm was kaput. So basically 1/2 of me died. Time for sissies is OVER! There's TREASURE that needs recovered! Keep me in your prayers. May the Good Lord watch over every one of you. Kevin Gibson aka Kurios1

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wanted to give kevin a bump to the top. Im so happy to see you posting brother !! And yes I did dedicate a hunt to you buddy, ill be posting it here today so you have a little inspiration !!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Just wanted to give kevin a bump to the top. Im so happy to see you posting brother !! And yes I did dedicate a hunt to you buddy, ill be posting it here today so you have a little inspiration !!

Amen!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This is where one is forced to learn to adapt to new ways of doing things. to do things smarter because you have to figure out how to make things work for you. I am right handed as well but now my left hand is definitely stronger in both grip and lifting etc. I still have a drooping eyelid and I too walk like a zombie, or a drunk. But, it is a mindset that one has to make themselves to beat this thing and yes, you may not be as perfect as you once were but it is what it is...up to a point. Kevin will have to modify how he tackles things but with determination (which he has), he should be able to slowly get better at getting around. Every victory no matter how tiny it is for a stroke victim is a major victory and a step forward in getting better. I wouldn't talk to anyone for several years because I never knew what I would actually say, my mind was saying one thing, my mouth another. I left out words (usually important words), made up words or blended words and didn't realize it. Now, I can't shut up. So my Friend Kevin, you are not alone in this and you have the support of many who want and hope for the best for you. When I tell people that I am a very blessed man, some look at me as if I am crazy but I know that I am. I know where I have come from to get to where I am today. One day you too will be looking back at where you once had been to see the true progress that you have made. I found out that life is what I make it, I choose to be happy in spite of my circumstances or I choose to be miserable. You are choosing the correct path my friend and it will make a stronger better and wiser you. Your determination to get better can be an inspiration for others suffering from a stroke as well. So very happy to see you getting back into our lives with your comments. Jerry

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo-1015.JPG
photo-1013.JPG
photo-1011.JPG photo-1016.JPG photo-1017.JPG alright kevin this hunt was for you bro. A little inspiration for ya !! I had to go a long way from home to do a hunt like you like to do, so here's last weeks hunt at my aunts farm in upstate new york. Lots of good stuff out there in the feilds and hills around the farm even a 1902 dime. Check out the Lewisburg condensed milk tag. Got a few horse shoes too. Square nails, and even some insulaters and other glass from a dump spot on the farm. Alright kevin im back in the ocean so I hope my feild/farm hunt gives you some inspiration and motivation !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread