CrypticRecon's Super Secret Honey Hole

crypticrecon

Jun 6, 2018
Somewhere along the Delaware, Christina, and Brand
Detector(s) used
White's TreasurePro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't know where else to put this on the forum, but this is going to be a long project undertaken by only myself and maybe a select few lucky individuals I meet along the way. I cannot disclose this location because nobody knows about it, duh..., but I will give up as much information as I can. This area I speak of is over 500 acres in size, and has been totally unmolested. Civilization built up around the area making the one way in to this area almost totally surrounded by water, completely shut off. Additionally, this is in the Tri-State area or the Delaware Valley, on the Delaware River between Philadelphia, and the Delaware Bay which is basically where America was established. There are land deeds going back to the 1660's on this tract of land, and it shows up on Revolutionary War maps as where General Washington and his troops had made camp at least once. Two roads connecting major forts from the time run a long two sides of the property, and it is dotted with marshland. There exists historical record of Native Americans inhabiting this area, and at least on account of a European Settler being kidnapped by Indians and... actually I can't give the rest of that story... too much information. At any rate I've barely scratched the surface on a small 1940-1950 era, trash pit on the property in the middle of thick woods and this is what I've found so far.

20180607_124405.jpg

20180606_143615.jpg

This is just from an hour at the pit. Everything was either on top of the ground or maybe buried a few inches but sticking outta the ground.

Stay tuned because this thread is sure to get frequent updates by me because I'm out there nearly every day now.

Wish me luck, and pray that I don't fall into a hole or something.

CrypticRecon

PS:, Let me also mention that this treasure hunt has really helped my life tremendously. I'm 43 years old and was raised by a single Mom. My Dad was a Vietnam War Vet, serving in the Marines. He went to prison when I was 5, escaped and was shot by police 2 weeks later. I was raised poor with 3 younger brothers in bad neighborhoods, and needless to say I got mixed up with Bad Company. I myself had made some bad choices over the years and have served about a total of 13 years in prison for things such as drug dealing, and assault. I don't say any of this to be for any sort of dramatic effect. I type this because telling others my story helps me therapeutically. Treasure hunting in general helps me. I have severe PTSD after being shot in the head while I was living in Puerto Rico for about 2 years in the mid 90's. I'm not even Spanish...lol... All this helps me... so for you Vets, God Bless you all. Even though I did not serve, my family has been affected by Military Service. If you have PTSD, please try to do get involved heavy into something like treasure hunting. It works wonders for me... that and my Medical Marijuana card is all I need... lol

Upvote 20
OP
OP
C

crypticrecon

Jun 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
White's TreasurePro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the hunt of a lifetime....Sounds like a hoard for sure.....

Most definitely is... but I really can't hoard it all. I feel like I'm being selfish or something. I really am looking to maybe link up with a few solid people so we can cover more ground and at least I won't feel so selfish then. Listen, if anyone is in the Philadelphia area and is interested in this site, contact me. I gotta feel you out in person before I just tell anyone where this is. We are talking possible, almost guaranteed Colonial coins, Revolutionary War, and even some Civil War stuff because this area is relatively close to the Mason Dixon line and is known to have Underground Railroad tunnel networks throughout and battles were fought all around the area. This stuff can get pretty valuable.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
come on over... doing it now!

Wow! Drop a pin and send me the coordinates!! ROAD TRIP! Great story and an even better site! I myself, made a few bad choices along this bumpy road we call life..while never officially imprisoned, I imprisoned myself, with booze and pills. I've got 8 great years under my belt, and yes, this hobby is amazing...slows me down and lets me relax. I'm truly in awe of your site...omg simply amazing! Ddf.

OP
OP
C

crypticrecon

Jun 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
White's TreasurePro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Drop a pin and send me the coordinates!! ROAD TRIP! Great story and an even better site! I myself, made a few bad choices along this bumpy road we call life..while never officially imprisoned, I imprisoned myself, with booze and pills. I've got 8 great years under my belt, and yes, this hobby is amazing...slows me down and lets me relax. I'm truly in awe of your site...omg simply amazing! Ddf.

Dude you are Awesome! Glad to hear it... I've dabbled in using drugs myself in my younger years... partied like a rock star and speedballed for a couple years while living in Puerto Rico... Been clean since 1998. From heroin and cocaine anyway... still love my bud and I would not give it up for anything... it truly helps. I'm going to PM you in a bit, ok? Ohio is like right up the street. been there many times.

Ok, yall I have a serious update. I found an old aerial map from lets just say when aviation was in it's infancy... It shows my honey hole. It shows a home site on the property that looks inhabited by the photo. So, I go to that spot and what do I find? Well, what do you think I found? The ORIGINAL HOMESITE FROM THE 1600's!!!

I'm literally flabbergasted and it hasn't even sunk in totally yet... this place is huge and unmolested. I chose one tiny spot for my first dig... the outside threshold of an exterior door. Seems like a safe bet with no metal detector yet.

Think about it... you go to your front door all drunk coming back from the local tavern. You fumble for your key, and in the process drop dang near anything outta your pocket. Most people being right handed you would think that the right side of the door would be prime. Guess what? I didn't even dig there yet. I dug to the left just because I don't want to find something right away. I like the anticipation. Not to mention I may have a heart attack. So, to make a long story short, I found a bunch of Colonial era nails and something that appears to be a buckle of sorts.I only went down abut 6 inches because I do not wanna destroy anything I may find here. I need to take it slow an easy with this. There are about a total of about at least 100 linear yards of foundation stones ranging from 2 feet to about 6 feet in height. I'm editing a video now that I can share with you guys. I will also post a pic of what I found today in a little bit. I'm freaking beat!

ColeBen

May 21, 2018
Philadelphia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Master.
Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow this sounds amazing, I’m in the Philadelphia area, I’m only 28 years old but I have been clean off of opiates for over 8 years now, long story short the pain meds they gavye me after I was pregnant and hadn’t complications I became dependent on. Anyways this is definitely a once in a lifetime find. It’s really interesting touching something so old that has been untouched for so long by human hands. If you ever feel the need to get together a little crew I would be more than interested. Happy hunting! And congrats on the spot man.
-Cole Marie

ColeBen

May 21, 2018
Philadelphia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Master.
Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah dumb ass autocorrect lol. You have some really nice finds so far! Thanks for sharing...I’m excited for you haha. Make sure you keep us posted on your current finds.
-Cole Marie

OP
OP
C

crypticrecon

Jun 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
White's TreasurePro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got a Whites Treasure Pro yesterday... I hope it's a decent enough machine to do the job... at least start it anyway. If anyone reading this has experience with this particular machine, please share. Plan on going out there today... been raining a little but I'm still going none-the-less. ColeBen, that is awesome bro! Philly has been my stomping grounds my entire life... stay outta the "Badlands though. That's where my addiction started. Between Lehigh and Allegheny. Such a historically rich city. We live in the area where this entire country was founded. I'm in Delaware... most Americans do not even know where Delaware is, yet we represent the very first stripe on the flag. Delaware has an area where the first American flag was flown in battle at Cooch's Bridge. There are many places that have never been checked out with equipment. Technology makes things much easier these days. I used ArcGIS with some 1937 aerial map layers for this project and found a ton of other sites. I used some old RR map layers to see the PW&B line that is like the oldest rail in the country. 1837... there were camps spread on the sides of the tracks everywhere for the workers. Many of these places are still swaths of trees. Follow deer trails because more often than not I'm finding abandoned roads and foot trails by following these. First Europeans people may have cut the deer trail wider to make it an access and the deer reclaimed it, or vice versa. Just stuff I'm learning as I go along with this. Seriously, have you seen what a Colonial Lord Baltimore penny is worth? I'm making sure that I treat this area with focus it deserves. Hey ColeBen, you're close to my area... imma message u ok?

ColeBen

May 21, 2018
Philadelphia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Master.
Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crypticrecon, I’m not far from DE. In fact I was just in Bridgeville or greenwood? To see my grandmom this past week.. lot of farm land where she is. I wanted to hit Rehobeth beach they call it coin beach. I’m in Philadelphia but I’m less than an hr away from Wilmington. You can message me, that would be cool. My first real machine I just brought within the last few months is the White’s TreasureMaster, I’m not familiar with the PRO, I’m still adjusting to my machine, it seems decent so far but all I have to compare to it is a very cheap kiddish one.

OP
OP
C

crypticrecon

Jun 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
White's TreasurePro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crypticrecon, I’m not far from DE. In fact I was just in Bridgeville or greenwood? To see my grandmom this past week.. lot of farm land where she is. I wanted to hit Rehobeth beach they call it coin beach. I’m in Philadelphia but I’m less than an hr away from Wilmington. You can message me, that would be cool. My first real machine I just brought within the last few months is the White’s TreasureMaster, I’m not familiar with the PRO, I’m still adjusting to my machine, it seems decent so far but all I have to compare to it is a very cheap kiddish one.

Yeah this is actually my very first time using a metal detector, but I'm picking it up pretty quick. The White's TreasurePro seems like a decent machine. I'm getting the feel for how it works and trynna fine tune what I'm hearing. I was out there yesterday at the spot and within 2 minutes I found this:

21A0C64D-C9CF-4EF0-8587-8D17E421DD45.jpeg

An old Jersey Style Plumb Axe Head with the sought after Phantom Bevels... it's supposed to be a favorite among collectors. I found this by the old Phila, Wilm, and Balt Railroad Workers Barracks. I hope it was standard work issue :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
dude who shot you in the head and why?

OP
OP
C

crypticrecon

Jun 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
White's TreasurePro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
long story... summarized version is i went to live in Puerto Rico in the mid-nineties (i'm not even Spanish), got involved in stuff down there and caught a stray from an AR that chunked a lil off the right-side of my skull... i deal with some stuff from that but at least i'm alive and findin' silver...

2 minutes at the spot I found this... packed up and left until next time:

DC7ADA60-3D30-4D8B-84E3-A201BF3CD237.jpeg

obviously hoping for more... got some promising hits... just didn't dig'em yet... i know there is way more.... this came from the train yard barracks.

OP
OP
C

crypticrecon

Jun 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
White's TreasurePro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been super hot the last few days but I did manage to get out to the Honey Hole for as long as the water I could carry ran out.

Found a few things... those worth mentioning:

6294DE94-FA0E-448D-9E95-6C0598898B20.jpeg

78A153BD-6B7F-43FC-8FBD-EA0B4999D5C6.jpeg

The plate is made of brass and must belong to something railroad related... the hinge is copper with a silver finish.

I know the Honey Hole is gonna pay big time with persistence.
Funny note about the stone coring bit...
When I found it my girlfriend was digging the dirt outta it and found a a very clear shiny stone. Of course she thought it was a diamond, right? Tried to explain to her it was just heated up sand making glass while coring... shoulda seen the look when she found it. Priceless!

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Keep posting your finds! :icon_thumleft:

Looking forward to the next collection of keepers!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread