Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had gone to the VA Hospital in Little Rock for my prostrate surgery. The surgery went awesome, I had no bleeding anywhere and no blood in the urine. My pain was tolerable but I have a high pain tolerance. I even managed to get put in a private room where my wife could stay in with me. I finally went to sleep about 11ish, I had gotten up at 1:30 AM the morning of the operation and was really tired. So, this is where it kinda went downhill. At 11:40, they came in and told me that I was going to have to move to another room, a non private room with someone already there. In the process of getting me down off of the higher bed into the wheelchair, my taped tightly catheter caused a lot of external bleeding as well as internal plus a very high increase in pain. Getting into the higher new bed made things worse of course.

The room mate just had his hip replaced and was very loud in his moaning and groaning. Then he began talking and didn't stop until after 2AM at which point he began channel surfing on the TV with it cranked up so he could hear it. At 4, they came in to check vitals and to replenish IV bags etc. The room mate turned off the TV and went back to his loud moaning. I am a super light sleeper and use ear plugs to sleep with but he was so loud that I could not go to sleep plus I had managed to lose one. I basically stared at the clock from midnight until the morning shift came in and began their chores. My doctor came in around 7 and told me that I could leave after breakfast when the nurse explained everything to me as to what to do and not to do.

WE finally got to see the nurse at 11:40, they were beginning to bring the lunches out. it was a long ride home and we got home around 4. I got a great night's sleep and am doing great, all things considered. I will be able to take the catheter out Monday and so I am waiting earnestly for that. So, as long as I don't move too much or sit wrong, everything is pretty good. I thank everyone for their prayers and concerns. So now it is reading your threads and posts while I heal. I have the best nurse ever so I am well taken care of at home. We have other members that need our support and prayers so don't forget them. Jerry/DL

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you're feeling better and on your way to a full recovery and Thanks For Your Service Jerry!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Back home is good!

Hang in there.
Time to plot and scheme future hunts now.....

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Hang tough my friend.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great to hear! Glad everything went well and you're back home...now follow the doctors orders, get healed up so you can get back out in record time. Thx for the good news, Ddf.

USMC Reaper

May 23, 2015
Abbeville, S.C.
Detector(s) used
MineLab CTX 3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Brother one of my cancers was prostate. Had to have the radical surgery and radiation therapy. I am very happy that your surgery went well, I’m sorry that you had to deal with those annoyances. Continue to get well!!

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you're out of there and on the way to recovery. My grandpa hated the VA hospital and wouldn't go there on a bet if he could avoid it. I supposed they had improved since then though.

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey dirtlooter!! I worked at the old VA when in Medical School at U of A in Little Rock but understand the new one is quite nice!! Glad your surg went well and just remember to Pee like a Racehorse when you pull the catheter!! He He!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hope you feel better soon. We'll be hoping for you.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad it's going well -- hospitals are NOT the place to get any real rest.
luvsdux

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey dirtlooter!! I worked at the old VA when in Medical School at U of A in Little Rock but understand the new one is quite nice!! Glad your surg went well and just remember to Pee like a Racehorse when you pull the catheter!! He He!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

just got up from a nap, I have napped several times and for the most part am doing better. Wow, that was a long time ago! The pee is flowing a lot clearer now as long as I don't do anything stupid, like getting up or down LOL. I hope that you are doing fine my Friend. Jerry

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s great news Jerry. I’m so happy for you. You’ll be back detecting again in no time. I love reading your posts. Take care buddy and do what you wonderful nurse tells you.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Jerry, I am so glad all went well and you are home recovering! :occasion14:

May God Bless!

Phishfarmer

Feb 26, 2016
Petersburg Virginia
Detector(s) used
Deus, Others
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'll get you on our prayer list in church. I hope you're back hunting as soon as is smart.

If, God forbid, you ever have to go to a hospital again you have the right to ask for a quiet place to rest. If I get a noisy neighbor at a Red Roof Inn I'll get it remedied and Red Roof is a lot less expensive accommodations. I get overwhelmed when I have to deal with a medical issue and forget I'm my own advocate. Good money is paid for health care and we deserve a fair shake.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
my internet service comes and goes, mostly goes but it is what it is. I want to say that I am very thankful for the VA hospital in Little Rock. Except for a few bumps here and there, the staff has been very good to me over the last several years. I grew up hearing the horror stories about VA hospitals and some are that way, even now but I can not say this one is that way. I make a habit of thanking all of the workers that I come in contact with for what they are doing for us. We have a lot of very cranky Vets but we also have a lot of thankful Vets as well. Again I want to say thanks to all, now find some treasures for me to enjoy seeing. God Bless All. Jerry

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you are home and can get some rest, heal up soon so you can go play in the dirt!

They should hand out noise canceling headphones to those of us thst can't sleep in a hospital.
....now if they would just stop checking the BP at all hours.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

JimJ

Mar 24, 2016
Metz, WV
Detector(s) used
Ace 350, At Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you are feeling some better. Yep, Take it slow and easy with the catheter. I had a TURP in march and a catheter for a week after. Didn't realize how easy it is " pull " things, LOL. But so much better now! Good luck!!

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Glad you are feeling some better. Yep, Take it slow and easy with the catheter. I had a TURP in march and a catheter for a week after. Didn't realize how easy it is " pull " things, LOL. But so much better now! Good luck!!

glad you are doing better, I found out today why they give you the stool softener LOL. can't wait to get this thing out!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread