High-Rock Park in Victoria, BC

mikebourgeois

Jun 1, 2018
Victoria, BC
Detector(s) used
White's Treasure Master and a Makro Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Vi...8f3741ebb48ed!8m2!3d48.4284207!4d-123.3656444

The big long link is the map for High-Rock Park in Victoria. Last time I was out I ran into a gentleman of the community who was interested in detecting and asked me several questions on the hobby. I answered as best I could and then as he took his leave (to chase his dog down) he passed on to me that in the park many years back there had been a small community that had houses and some small outbuidlings. After time he said the location was condemned by the city and was abandoned... apparently while walking you can see parts of the buildings and an old greenhouse. I'm waiting on access to the city archives for some early aerial photography but the map I have in the link is the google one and in it I think I see some structures but I'm guessing. If there are any interested parties who'd like to scope out the map in the park area and see if you notice anything that looks remotely buildinglike I'd appreciate it. I see a few spots but I'm not sure and if someone dupes my guesses I'll print it off and see if I can't find them on foot.

thanks all

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread