Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was going to the Vo-Tech to learn the Machine shop trade, back around 1982. Every morning before classes began, everyone would gather in the large room where the coffee shop was and grab a bite or whatever while talking. Another classmate and I decided to pull a prank on the others the next morning and so we did.

The next morning, I wore a pair of cowboy boots and brought some peanut butter and a wash cloth. We both got there earlier than everyone else. I carefully washed the inside underside of one of my boots while Kevin gathered a little bit of grass and washed it. After sitting down at my usual spot at a table, I mixed the peanut butter with the grass and globbed it in the gap between the heel and the front of the boot. Then I carefully placed my foot under the table and out of sight. We waited until the place was filled up and then I nodded to Kevin.
Kevin suddenly stood up and asked out loud, "Did you step in dog crap?" Of course everyone turned to see for themselves. I looked down at the now exposed boot and answered, "I don't know, maybe." Then I calmly reached down and with a finger, scooped out some of the peanut butter with the grass still in it and tasted it. "Yep, I guess I did." The place game alive as everyone began gagging and moving away from us. A couple young ladies actually spit out what they had in their mouths. Then Kevin and I started laughing and most knew that something was up. So we told them that it was just peanut butter and grass and several began laughing, most saying that it looked like the real deal. And I promised my wife that there would never be very many boring moments and there isn't :laughing7:

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My friend and I sort of did the same thing. I wish I had thought about using peanut butter though.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great job...thank you for sharing the story! :occasion14:

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Was it..."chunky" pnut butter? Lol. I was a "lead-head" in vocational drafting and mechanical engineering class...We used to torture the Juniors, hiding some of the drafting chairs, we'd walk by during their class and see some of them standing up at the drafting tables. O, the good old days...Ddf.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread