Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am recovering from my surgery and even now we are beginning to slowly move to our new home. My wife has been transplanting our awesome strawberry plants to my parents old garden. We had previously gone over and tilled up a section in preparation for them. We had to remove the various rocks that my mother had moved back into the garden as her mind failed her. My 83 year old father had stepped everything up by hiring some Amish contractors to get the new house in the dry and finished. It is nearly done, just some interior stuff and it will be. My younger brother came up for a month to help him move (some of) his possessions into the new house. My parents were hoaders and have kept things (might fix them some day or they are still good) that should have been given away or sold. I have a 10 lb lifting restriction on me and so am staying out of the way. My father has so much stuff, we will have to wait until he has cleared out a room before we can move anything over there so we are at his mercy time wise. We have some stuff packed and in the way in the house as we wait to begin moving at least our winter stuff.

Our "new" home is the two story log house that I helped him build back in 1977-78. I don't know what to do with so much space but my little wife seems to have everything worked out, at least in her mind. He just build a huge shop less than eight years ago, about 5 times the size I would need. I told him that he could still use it but no, built another huge one up by the new house. So, maybe in a couple of weeks or so, we may begin actually moving some of our stuff over there and then put our home up for sale. I hate moving, went to 14 schools growing up, 34 times total over the years. So, hopefully this will be the last move. I will be moving back to our home area where my mother's side of the family has been since around 1800. Excited and dreading it, the wife is super excited. Me, I just want to get my bladder to working right and for everything to heal up so I can do things again. Going to be a very full summer one way or another. Jerry

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
And you did not have any of these issues until you purchased your Nox right. LOL

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Take care of your health and good luck on the move! :icon_thumleft:

islamoradamark

Silver Member
Aug 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when moving into a new house don't forget to make that secret compartment

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice post, Dirt...were you a military kid? Just wondering why you moved so often, man..that would be tuff on a kid, no sooner make friends then move on...But congrats on ur new digs! Sounds like you got plenty of space to store all your finds! Unless mama Dirt has other plans lol...Now get healed up so you can dig dig dig!! Ddf.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice post, Dirt...were you a military kid? Just wondering why you moved so often, man..that would be tuff on a kid, no sooner make friends then move on...But congrats on ur new digs! Sounds like you got plenty of space to store all your finds! Unless mama Dirt has other plans lol...Now get healed up so you can dig dig dig!! Ddf.

Thanks, My first wife kind of waded thru the money, she wrote a lot of bad checks etc. you don't want to know, I was working 50-60 hr weeks with nothing to show for it. This wife is a whole lot better in all ways. This move is like coming home, got a lot of heritage here. I am like Job in the bible, my latter life is so much better than the middle part. Got a woman that dotes on me and does nearly everything with me. Nothing like growing old with someone that really loves you. She is like a kid, always excited and gets me up to go hunting or whatever. life is good. Jerry

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, My first wife kind of waded thru the money, she wrote a lot of bad checks etc. you don't want to know, I was working 50-60 hr weeks with nothing to show for it. This wife is a whole lot better in all ways. This move is like coming home, got a lot of heritage here. I am like Job in the bible, my latter life is so much better than the middle part. Got a woman that dotes on me and does nearly everything with me. Nothing like growing old with someone that really loves you. She is like a kid, always excited and gets me up to go hunting or whatever. life is good. Jerry

The only thing I didn't like about your post Jerry...I could only hit "like" once lol...what a humbling, awesome relationship you two have! My second wife (almost 30 yrs now) is the most unselfish and secure person I know, and I'm SO lucky to have her...and I've put the poor girl thru H-E double hockey sticks...the past 8 years I've spent trying to make it up. She knows when I'm squirrely (GO DETECTING!). You're a lucky guy Dirt...Here's hoping you have many, many Frosty's in both your futures...Ddf.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread