Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree134Likes

Thread: A very mean Rooster and a little Girl

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Apr 2017
    iowa
    Golden micromax, compadre, EQ 800
    263 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Chicken killer confession alert! i was about 4 or 5 and the neighbors lived in a 30 foot trailer that sat smack on the ground, if it rained the floor was wet! 6 kids and 2 adults lived in there and they had chickens around. I would go over to see my friend and get in a fight with their rooster every time. Once i got up to the trailer and the dang thing pecked me then hopped up on a garbage can next to me and pecked my head! So i kicked the can and he kicked the bucket when he hit the ground. Ran home and it wasn't long before paw kettle came storming over and told my dad to pay up for the loss. The old man told him to get lost and that rooster would be the best meal their kids ever had.
    gold boy and sandchip like this.

us
    Oct 2010
    Georgia
    Teknetics T2SE
    2482 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckshot View Post
    ...The other day I found a deer tick and roasted it with a disposable butane lighter. No remorse whatsoever.

Actually, I felt pretty good about it!
    I usually draw and quarter 'em!

us
    Jul 2017
    The Old North State
    Equinox 600 Tesoro Cutlass Bounty Hunter Tracker II
    385 times
    While I certainly don't encourage the idea of dispatching a chicken for the shock value, I will have to admit that I've helped my mother "harvest" a no-longer-productive hen or particularly ornery rooster (or extra duck) for Sunday lunch. That included, killing, plucking, scalding, cleaning and so on. Of course, I was taught to not kill anything unless I had a need for food. That has held true to me all my life.

For example, I enjoy squirrel hunting but my wife is not a fan of tree rat so I tend to not hunt it as often as I used to. Admittedly, if I'm out with some friends during hunting season and we are spending the night in the woods, I will do my best to harvest a couple of squirrels to make some Brunswick stew. Hard to beat on a cool night.

As for our friend who purports himself to be a friend to animals, he certainly has every right to speak his mind. I may take umbrage at his comments if he takes personal, unfounded, shots at me, and may give him a swift, hopefully well worded beat-down, but I would never prohibit his right to tell his story as long as he does not become libelous. I don't know what his life's journey has been.
    Last edited by Stringtyer; Jul 01, 2018 at 08:35 PM.
    ---------------------
    To everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven.
    Therefore, remember your creator in the days of your youth.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links