First Tattoo and It's a Beauty! Lynyrd Skynyrd and Treasue Hunting Combined.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only took me 55 years, but I finally got my first tattoo. I got it as a tribute to Lynyrd Skynyrd and to show it off at their July 20th concert in Mansfield, Massachusetts.

But it also has a skull and crossbones, so that covers the pirate in me looking for buried treasure. Got the design off of the back cover of "Pronounced Lynyrd Skynyrd". Always liked the design, so it was a no brainer for me to get that drawing.

It's far from healed, but it looks pretty awesome to me.

DSC08896.JPG

Mother Superior

Jan 18, 2017
Quebec city
Primary Interest:
Other
The skull and crossbone are very fitting, as you have just cursed yourself my friend... Once you start it's impossible to stop yourself from getting more of these!

OP
OP
FreeBirdTim

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once you start it's impossible to stop yourself from getting more of these

Yup, it doesn't look right with no tattoo on my left arm! I need balance! Maybe the old school Patriots logo...

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm way in the minority when it comes to tattoos..That is one fad I simply don't understand.
Call me a relic, call me what you will.. Say I'm old-fashioned, say I'm over the hill

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very cool...
The real fun is researching bad tattoos online.
There are countless people who have made poor decisions regarding their artwork.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool...
The real fun is researching bad tattoos online.
There are countless people who have made poor decisions regarding their artwork.

I wrote a paper on modernism in tattoos. I landed it starting around the time captain cook took natives from the Pacific back as a side show. Then using this money to fund new voyages. The complete removal of the context these tattoos meant to the natives was removed and it was displayed almost as art in a controlled environment. Thus leading to my conclusion of modernism in tattooing, which took of wildly in the sideshow industry. this is simplified greatly from my paper, but I found it very fascinating stuff when researching.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm way in the minority when it comes to tattoos..That is one fad I simply don't understand.
Call me a relic, call me what you will.. Say I'm old-fashioned, say I'm over the hill

Same here. However, I note Charles Emerson Winchester's (MASH) description of a tattoo as "the poor man's investment in art".

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember the dude from the TV show Jack### who had your name tattooed on his behind? At least that guy was looking for something practical. The worst are those tattoos that look like Asian writing. It could mean anything in Asian, even "whip my azz I'm a sissy", and in American it means " I'll fall for anything".

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes i am with you why some one wants to mark up there body makes no sense to me.

Ken C

Nov 18, 2017
Mt. Wolf, PA
Detector(s) used
Deus II / Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice! I got the wife and I tickets to see them this Friday in New Jersey. :occasion14:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Bob Seger. :icon_thumleft:

Nice tat. I've never gotten close to considering one for myself.

Scars say what you have done. Tattoos say what you have thought. ;-)

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi , You plan getting a part on TV production Tattoo Nightmare ? TP

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi , Don, forget a new goofy haircut like Trump or his new buddy from North Korea TP

OP
OP
FreeBirdTim

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I did think about it for 30 years, so I did consider it for a LONG time! Not exactly a rash decision on my part!

My brother is getting a tattoo of Ronnie Van Zant later this month. We're going to avoid each other until the concert so we can show them off then. Should be a fun night.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I never got one through all my drunken trips to tattoo parlors with friends, Spring breaks and even a best friend who owns one. He’s says he loves that aged virgin skin, but even as wasted as I was I never got one because I made a promise to my mom. Probably the only promise I ever kept... to anyone.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread