Meeting T-Net Members: Rick K.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been lucky enough to meet several T-Net members from across the Country. Yesterday I got to meet "Rick K" from Arizona, who is vacationing in New York City, with his wife. I invited him to take the train to White Plains, and we went out for a short hunt along the route of retreat for the Continental Army, after the Battle of White Plains, in October, 1776.

I gave him the choice of using an Equinox 600, or a Makro Multi-Kruzer. He chose the Kruzer, and off we went. While neither of us found anything spectacular, our conversation was priceless during our hour in the woods. We packed up and headed to the diner for some brunch, and talked about the Fisher pulse induction machine undergoing testing. We traded opinions, I learned a few things, and had a fantastic omelet.

We discuss, sometimes vehemently, our beliefs and opinions here on the forum. It is always a pleasure to actually meet the folks I sometimes argue or disagree with here on Treasurenet, because I almost always find a new brother or sister to play in the dirt with!:hello2:

Attachments

• IMG_0750.jpg
    IMG_0750.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 61

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
very cool, pretty awesome all the way around. new friendships and bonds are established. a win win meeting for sure

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Awesome! I am randomly up north at the jersey shore this weekend visiting family.

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s really funny - I’m pretty sure I have disagreed with as many of Terry’s posts as I have agreed with, but meeting him was an absolute delight.

Just goes to to show that we should all probably keep in mind that words in a post are not the sum of a person. Keeping discourse civil helps us remember that - I reckon.

Thanks Terry for a great visit and a nice lunch - Mexican in AZ next, this time my treat.

Last edited:

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We always knew that Terry plays well with others! Sounds like a great outing!

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro, Pro pointer AT,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice story to read

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome you guys got to meet up and play in the dirt!
I hope you remembered to put all the ticks back, they don't make good house pets.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did a thorough strip-down tick check when I got home - none, thankfully!

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, Terry, if I knew you were hosting hunts I'd have trekked up to NY too! :thumbsup:

If anyone heads to northwest Arkansas for any reason (Walmart, Tyson, JB Hunt, great outdoors options, etc.), PM me and I'd enjoy getting connected as well.

Cheers all! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread