What is the the "T" on the face of the 2017 ?

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And why is it not on the 2018 coin ....thanks... 006.JPG
I can't find an answer anyplace.

TreasurDiggrNY

Dec 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
https://www.groupon.com/deals/gs-trump-coin-2017-president-donald-j-trump-gold-plated-inaugural-coin

History: Celebrate President Donald J. Trump’s victory and commemorate his journey of “Making America Great Again!” This is a perfect souvenir or gift for that Donald Trump fan. Also makes the perfect gift for Democrat fans too!

Detail: Front shows image of 45th President Donald J. Trump with “LIBERTY, IN GOOD WE TRUST, 2017”. US coins are usually minted in Philadelphia, San Francisco “S” or Denver “D”. This novelty Trump Coin is minted by the TRUMP Mint “T” – NOTE, this is a fictitious Trump Mint. COIN IS NOT LEGAL TENDER. Reverse shows image of the President of the United States Eagle and Shield Insignia with “45th President of the United States, Donald Trump”.

Quality: Great workmanship showing great details with authentic look! President Trump gold coin is made of zinc alloy, plated with 24k gold.

Collectible: President Trump gold plated coin measures 38 mm diameter x 3 mm thick. Weight of 30 grams or 1 ounce. Packaged in a clear plastic case holder and stored in a clear zip-lock plastic holder. This novelty President Trump gold coin is very collectibles.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.....i was wondering if i had missed a lot of news or something.
Only dead presidents are on currency, thanks for the info.

At lest i know i haven't been napping like Rip Van Winkle or something.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

OP
OP
RTR

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
https://www.groupon.com/deals/gs-trump-coin-2017-president-donald-j-trump-gold-plated-inaugural-coin

History: Celebrate President Donald J. Trump’s victory and commemorate his journey of “Making America Great Again!” This is a perfect souvenir or gift for that Donald Trump fan. Also makes the perfect gift for Democrat fans too!

Detail: Front shows image of 45th President Donald J. Trump with “LIBERTY, IN GOOD WE TRUST, 2017”. US coins are usually minted in Philadelphia, San Francisco “S” or Denver “D”. This novelty Trump Coin is minted by the TRUMP Mint “T” – NOTE, this is a fictitious Trump Mint. COIN IS NOT LEGAL TENDER. Reverse shows image of the President of the United States Eagle and Shield Insignia with “45th President of the United States, Donald Trump”.

Quality: Great workmanship showing great details with authentic look! President Trump gold coin is made of zinc alloy, plated with 24k gold.

Collectible: President Trump gold plated coin measures 38 mm diameter x 3 mm thick. Weight of 30 grams or 1 ounce. Packaged in a clear plastic case holder and stored in a clear zip-lock plastic holder. This novelty President Trump gold coin is very collectibles.

Thanks much.I thought the T might have something to do with Trump.BUT I'm wondering why the T is missing on the 2018 coin ? :icon_scratch:

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Yup,plated with 5cents worth of gold.lol.If anybody here thinks this is collectible,think again.Goods advertised as collectible,ARE NOT COLLECTIBLE,do not waste your money.

OP
OP
RTR

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup,plated with 5cents worth of gold.lol.If anybody here thinks this is collectible,think again.Goods advertised as collectible,ARE NOT COLLECTIBLE,do not waste your money.

They were gifts. :tongue3:

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Indeed. If there's a way to profit from the Presidency, Trump has got it monetized. Lock, stock, and barrel.

Every president has had these done.....Obama was even worse with what was made with his likeness.....Crazy crap

TreasurDiggrNY

Dec 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks much.I thought the T might have something to do with Trump.BUT I'm wondering why the T is missing on the 2018 coin ? :icon_scratch:

The 2018 coin doesn't have a "T" because it's probably a different company that minted it / manufactured / produced it:thumbsup:

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of all, if you want to talk politics, shovel out the $20 and become a charter member. Then you can properly post your concerns with the current POTUS in the appropriate forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of all, if you want to talk politics, shovel out the $20 and become a charter member. Then you can properly post your concerns with the current POTUS in the appropriate forum.

I agree !

I had to delete Several Posts from This Thread because they Had noting at all to do with this Coin.

KEEP POLITICS OUT OF TREASURENET POSTS !

If you must Talk Politics here, Poney Up & Use the Politics Forum !
there are Plenty of Members in there Willing to Straighten You Out :coffee2:

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As for the T

My guess Since it says Fictitious Mint

& Since it is Trump.

The T stands for the Trump Mint :laughing7:

If they were Both Created by the Same Company,
They may have Gotten Grief for this & removed it from the 2018.

If they are from Different Companies, That's why.

Last edited:

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
I looked up the term “Trump Coin” and found images of over 150 different coins, tokens, medallions, etc. None issued by the US Mint. The metals these things were made of were all over the map, too. Aluminum, copper, brass, silver, gold, and others. Many types were plated with either silver or gold of varying purity.

I did find a few tokens commemorating the Trump/Kim meeting that were distributed by various US government agencies, but the quality looked so bad, that it was probably a rush job by an unqualified vendor.

I also found Presidential challenge coins. These are official tokens that are given out by the President. For those who do not know what a challenge coin is, look it up. The concept has been around for a few centuries, and has been popular for several decades.

As far as the type pictured by the OP, I found the design in copper, silver, silver plated, gold and gold plated, from several sources. All overpriced, in my opinion.

Time for more coffee.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread