What exercise should i do for gaining weights?

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a cousin who's 5'11" and weighed 160 pounds a few years back. He got tired of being skinny, so he started working out and had a daily regiment of vitamins, creatine, protein shakes and so on. He also started eating everything in sight, especially pasta. After about six months, he weighed 185 and looked really ripped.

He managed to keep up that lifestyle change for a couple of years, but in the end, he went back to a normal diet and cut back on exercising. What happened? You guessed it. He now weighs 160 pounds and looks skinny again!

The moral of the story is that there's no easy fix for permanent weight gain. You may pull it off in the short term, but you'll have to keep at it for the rest of your life or you'll go back to being skinny again. It's up to you to decide if you have the motivation and discipline to work on it for the rest of your life.

Nor weight loss! I was 6', 1" tall and weighed 125 pounds in April 1977 when I quit smoking. By the time we (myself, wife and daughter) left West Germany in August 1977, I weighed 145 pounds. I lost ten pounds down to 135 while on Leave because I was working to make extra money. Got to Fort Sheridan at 135 pounds in September 1977 and due to drinking beer 3 to 4 nights a week and eating regular meals, I weighed 210 pounds by Christmas and had to purchase all new uniforms. Since then, I have tried to get the extra weight off but can't and now some 40 years later, I am 65 years old and weigh 235 pounds. The funny thing, is that I have weighed 235 pounds ever since about 1992 and no matter how much or how little I eat and how much exercise I do, I never gain and never lose a pound.

Last edited:

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are lots of exercises that will help you gain weight. Most of them are low impact and fun to boot.

Bending and stretching are two key exercises and very effective when done properly.

First set up your exercise room with a couch, a television, and a refrigerator, preferably with the freezer on top.

Now, tune in your t.v. to your favorite channel. Then have a seat in your couc. And now, once you are set up, stretch your arm into your fridge and pull out a two liter of Mountain Dew. Now bend! Bend that elbow and take a pull off that bottle! After you get the dust out of your throat, stretch your other arm over to the end table and pick up some Pixie Sticks. Tear open your pixie stick and empty completely into your mouth. Wash it down with Mountain Dew , repeat for 30 minutes.

For a more advanced work out you can add your Cheetos. It gets more complicated with cheese snacks. You gotta mountain dew, pixie stick, handful of cheetos, repeat until you drift off pleasantly into a food coma.

Keep it up, and lay off the aroebics. Dont forget the ice crean if you start to sweat. You dont want to lose any water weight.

Follow this simple plan and you too can go from thinner to winner!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Yea, I know what you mean. Everything I eat just turns to Sh#t.

joetoilet

Mar 2, 2013
Perry Florida
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Whites M6
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found that before you step on the scale, put lots of quarter's in all your pockets. Works for me...I can't get past 180 for the life of me. Boost plus also helps.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Reverse Liposuction.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take Terry advice, see your family doctor. People pay a lot of money to lose weight. Be happy.

manisthajain

Tenderfoot
Aug 4, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I take fruits, and juice before and after exercise that effect on my body. This is beneficial for me, I am getting effects n my body. I got changes in body weight. I also watched some youtube videos for yoga dn exercise.

You should watch the Indian yoga style.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread