What exercise should i do for gaining weights? - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: What exercise should i do for gaining weights?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    tokameel

May 2012
    Mequon, Wi
    In 1974- White. Now a Garrett Ace 250. 8/30/12 using a Zircon m40 Stud Finder as a hand held pin pointer.
    342 times
    Looking for Error coins from the bank. Update: I can MD using my wheelchair!
    Quote Originally Posted by pa plateau hiker View Post
    I stopped drinking beer and lost 10 lbs.
    Oh welll. I got to start somewhere. But it makes me a jolly good fellow.
    i support little league Roller Ball

You can lead a horse to Washington but you can not make him think.

2 Ys U R, 2 Ys U B, I C U R 2 Ys 4 ME

Charter Member
    us
    Gare or Gary

Dec 2012
    Canton Ohio Area
    957 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Eat carbs !!1 Then Bend your elbow , Open Lips , Chew and then SWALLOW !!
    Only TWO things in the world that spook my horses THINGS THAT MOVE and THINGS THAT DON'T MOVE !!!

us
    Chuck

Feb 2015
    North Central PA
    Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
    2954 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    I put on 50 lbs. of muscle (from 115 to 165) during my high school days.........that was some time ago.
    But, the recipe was 3 square every day and a mid afternoon high protein, high complex carb, high fat drink with additional vitamins and minerals snack........ peanut butter sandwiches and chocolate milk. Workouts with free weights 2 consecutive days (one day upper body/one day lower body) with the 3rd day an off day.........work your core every day. Everyone has a different metabolism rate.........I had very good results in 6 months and my total transformation took 12 months.
    Back to the hunt.........

us
    Oct 2007
    Summit County, CO
    White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
    7109 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Are you wanting to gain weight or build muscle? Two different things really. I'm the same size as I was when I graduated high school in 73. If you saw me wearing shorts, you would say 'Are those your legs or are you riding a chicken?', so I'm skinny. I tried different things to gain some weight, just to get a little heavier, but nothing worked. If your weight doesn't pose a health problem, you probably shouldn't worry about it.
    Just like Texas in 1880.

Jul 2018
    2 times
    Gaining weight is very raw term as you can gain weight by unhealthy lifestyle, eating junk etc our body consists of various weights that is bone weight, organs weight, water weight and muscle weight. what you must focus upon is muscle weight. Calculate your BMI, Lean body mass and accordingly calculate protein requirement per kg of lean muscle mass not over all body weight. Consult a professional as online suggestions and advises not always work better as the person cannot actually see you so its difficult to make out your body type, posture etc. Give importance to all the factors in terms of food, exercise and lifestyle. All the best
    RustyGold and A2coins like this.
    Soundcloud to Mp3 downloader & KissManga list

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County
    MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO ....... Garrett Pro Pointer…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro
    34102 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Smoke for 5 Years then Quit.
    you'll Balloon Up

(*5 Years is just a Guess. May take much Less
    or Much More ), A steady Diet of These for Breakfast , Lunch & Dinner Will also Help
    Name:  images.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  10.6 KB

I smoked for 10 Years, was 110 Lbs / size 27 Jeans.
    Quit Smoking & ate Cakes instead of smoking,
    then hit 275 size 38 Jeans in short order.

You Asked... please Don't shoot the Messenger
    Last edited by jeff of pa; Jul 25, 2018 at 02:30 AM.
    A2coins and nwpa like this.

us
    Jan 2017
    Western ny
    equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
    5008 times
    I tried gaining weight and getting "jacked" years ago. I ran into the same problem. I was eating 10,000 calories a day Plus a weight gainer protien shake that had 2,200 calories. so almost 13,000 calories a day. I lifted and worked out over a period of about 8 months and ate that much every day. I even Tried eating larger meals less often to try and forcibly slow my metabolism. I gained 5 lbs over 8 months and thats it. I got cut and you could see every strand of muscle, but no bigger and hardly heavier at all. So if you are like me its nearly hopeless. I gave up because I couldn't afford to feed myself.

Charter Member
    us
    Jun 2013
    East Tennessee
    6700 times
    Well based on the title, I would say the exercise of pulling your' wallet out when you see some weights at a flea market, yard sale or at a sporting goods store!
    A2coins likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Oct 2004
    N. San Diego area (Pic of my two best 'finds'; son and grandson)
    Minelab Explorer
    12639 times
    Shipwrecks
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    My 'two cents': If you are in good health and full of energy, don't attempt to fix what isn't broken.
    Don.....
    A2coins likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2015
    NC
    Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre, Nokta Pin pointer.
    4495 times
    I grew up skinny. At the age of 18 i was 5 foot 7 and 117 pounds. I was like Spiderman when it came to athletics. One arm pull-ups were easy, my grip strength was ineradicable from a lifetime of Judo and i have no doubts if American ninja warrior was around back then, i would have gone all the way without a sweat!

At 19 i was found to have Graves Disease, (Over active Thyroid with a goiter) They Gave me some Radioactive Iodine and told me to keep away from pregnant women for 30 days and then boom! My weight skyrocked to 170 in just a few months. With medication, I leveled out at 155 and have gained a little more over the years. Currently i am 163 and need to loose a little.

So...have your thyroid checked!
    A2coins likes this.
    Dig till you drop!

Charter Member
    us
    Jun 2013
    East Tennessee
    6700 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeBirdTim View Post
    I have a cousin who's 5'11" and weighed 160 pounds a few years back. He got tired of being skinny, so he started working out and had a daily regiment of vitamins, creatine, protein shakes and so on. He also started eating everything in sight, especially pasta. After about six months, he weighed 185 and looked really ripped.

He managed to keep up that lifestyle change for a couple of years, but in the end, he went back to a normal diet and cut back on exercising. What happened? You guessed it. He now weighs 160 pounds and looks skinny again!

The moral of the story is that there's no easy fix for permanent weight gain. You may pull it off in the short term, but you'll have to keep at it for the rest of your life or you'll go back to being skinny again. It's up to you to decide if you have the motivation and discipline to work on it for the rest of your life.
    Nor weight loss! I was 6', 1" tall and weighed 125 pounds in April 1977 when I quit smoking. By the time we (myself, wife and daughter) left West Germany in August 1977, I weighed 145 pounds. I lost ten pounds down to 135 while on Leave because I was working to make extra money. Got to Fort Sheridan at 135 pounds in September 1977 and due to drinking beer 3 to 4 nights a week and eating regular meals, I weighed 210 pounds by Christmas and had to purchase all new uniforms. Since then, I have tried to get the extra weight off but can't and now some 40 years later, I am 65 years old and weigh 235 pounds. The funny thing, is that I have weighed 235 pounds ever since about 1992 and no matter how much or how little I eat and how much exercise I do, I never gain and never lose a pound.
    Last edited by huntsman53; Jul 25, 2018 at 04:00 PM.

Sep 2014
    Midwest, North of 36°60'
    5709 times
    There are lots of exercises that will help you gain weight. Most of them are low impact and fun to boot.

Bending and stretching are two key exercises and very effective when done properly.

First set up your exercise room with a couch, a television, and a refrigerator, preferably with the freezer on top.

Now, tune in your t.v. to your favorite channel. Then have a seat in your couc. And now, once you are set up, stretch your arm into your fridge and pull out a two liter of Mountain Dew. Now bend! Bend that elbow and take a pull off that bottle! After you get the dust out of your throat, stretch your other arm over to the end table and pick up some Pixie Sticks. Tear open your pixie stick and empty completely into your mouth. Wash it down with Mountain Dew , repeat for 30 minutes.

For a more advanced work out you can add your Cheetos. It gets more complicated with cheese snacks. You gotta mountain dew, pixie stick, handful of cheetos, repeat until you drift off pleasantly into a food coma.

Keep it up, and lay off the aroebics. Dont forget the ice crean if you start to sweat. You dont want to lose any water weight.

Follow this simple plan and you too can go from thinner to winner!
    huntsman53 likes this.
    Liberty is the Freedom to do the next Right thing.

In God We Trust

Charter Member
    us
    Rook

Nov 2013
    Mississippi
    XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
    42116 times
    Yea, I know what you mean. Everything I eat just turns to Sh#t.
    huntsman53 likes this.
    When you come to a fork in the road, take it.

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    30900 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    energy drinks

Approved TreasureNet Stickers

.:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::.

(Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

Charter Member
    us
    Jun 2013
    East Tennessee
    6700 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rook3434 View Post
    Yea, I know what you mean. Everything I eat just turns to Sh#t.
    Same here! I even gave up drinking in bars because everytime I drank two beers, I would have to go to the bathroom and whoosh, there was at least four bucks down the drain.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links