What exercise should i do for gaining weights?

Debatedc

Greenie
Nov 6, 2017
West Central MO
Detector(s) used
Deus II, MI-6 Pinpointer. Equinox 800, Equinox 600, AT Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Count your blessings. Lots of folks would love your problem. I know I would.

Bama Billy

Apr 2, 2018
Central Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit the weights harder and eat as often as possible. Leave home with chicken, beef jerky, boiled eggs anything you can eat easy. Anytime you can eat, do it. 5 smaller meals a day is better than 3. Don’t do too much cardio.

islamoradamark

Silver Member
Aug 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
weight gaining power u can look at different kinds at GNC lots of powder protein drinks weight gaining protein bars lots of calories just make them good calories

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Eat lots of peanut butter.Its better to gain weight gaining muscle instead of fat.Pasta is good also.

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Did some research many years ago about gaining weight. You have to start with say 3000 calories, and constantly add more calories each week. Well, what? In 2 month's I'd be eating 14,000 calories? Easier to lose weight, then gain it. We have a rocket metabolism. Prepare to deal with it.

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I am skinny but its too much money time and effort to eat enough to gain weight. I feel you. No one in America is sympathetic when we complain lol.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been eating but nothings working. Im still skiny :( Any suggestions?

Consult with doctor.
Unless you have a health issue ,you are simply skinny.
Your metabolism and activity level affects required caloric intake.
Your internal "device" has a set weight in mind for you. Fighting that "device" has wasted much time and money in the human race.

Up your caloric intake beyond what you need to sustain current weight without going overboard and overdoing it. Then throw away your scale.

Nothin wrong with skinny if your doctor says you are healthy. Or the other way around.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Get a physical, and talk to your doctor about a nutrition strategy. :skullflag:

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Squats, Deadlifts, bench presses, dips, chins, rows, overhead presses. Those are the ones that pack on the beef. Add some arm work, biceps/triceps/forearms, calf raises, and sit-ups or crunches. 3 days a week will work for the average person. More than that will begin to use up the growth hormone that those lifts cause the body to produce and can affect it's ability to recover from the workout. Eat, eat, eat; especially protein, and get plenty of sleep.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
post a pic, I'll tell you if you need weight

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Breathing squats with a barbell across your shoulders behind your neck, weight - as much as you can handle & try and increase it 5 lbs. per session. 20 reps nonstop, except to catch your breath, twice a week. You should be huffing and puffing like a freight train when you finish. Do no other weight exercises, and 6 weeks of this will pack muscle on your entire body. Be prepared for a much higher grocery bill as you will have an appetite like a horse. This is old school, and works, it was advocated by Perry Rader, editor of Iron Man magazine in the 50's & 60's. I did it when I was a teenager and gained 20 lbs. in the 6 week period, simple but very effective.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a cousin who's 5'11" and weighed 160 pounds a few years back. He got tired of being skinny, so he started working out and had a daily regiment of vitamins, creatine, protein shakes and so on. He also started eating everything in sight, especially pasta. After about six months, he weighed 185 and looked really ripped.

He managed to keep up that lifestyle change for a couple of years, but in the end, he went back to a normal diet and cut back on exercising. What happened? You guessed it. He now weighs 160 pounds and looks skinny again!

The moral of the story is that there's no easy fix for permanent weight gain. You may pull it off in the short term, but you'll have to keep at it for the rest of your life or you'll go back to being skinny again. It's up to you to decide if you have the motivation and discipline to work on it for the rest of your life.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Define skinny. How tall are you and how much do you weigh? Some people have the metabolism of a shrew. High energy, go go go, high achievers, involved in everything. Is this you? You may think you're skinny, because the rest of us are fat.

OP
OP
C

claypile

Mar 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What exercise is good for gaining weight?

Any suggestions? :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread