Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like we're all the same. 60's and joints worn out. We did waaay too much when we were younger. I'm 64 and have kyphosis...spine problems. It hurts to say hurt. Oh well, what's the alternative? Getting old is not for sissies, that's for sure. Gary

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doctor doesn't like the BP either, but if she waits 10 minutes it will move 20 points!

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I listened to many a railroader gleefully talk about taking their "pensh" when their time came........and watched everyone of them pass on in a short period of time. They had no outside interests........their whole life revolved around those steel wheels and rails. That taught me 2 things. Develop and embrace other hobbies and interests and keep putting one foot in front of the other, no matter what!

Keep movin' and groovin', smokey!!

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
What it comes to is what I keep trying to drill into people here.The fastest way to screw yourself is to start acting your age.Stay young at heart and keep going.Act feeble and that's what you'll become in very short order.Smokey look for alternatives to the glucosamine.The stuff does work.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, keep on keepin on...20 yrs ago when I quit racing quads in the woods, I noticed a lack of dexterity along with minor back pain. I was 33 then, and doc showed me my back xray...nothing busted, broken...some premature wear tho. Only thing I noticed was the xray was almost completely white, like a big cloud. Doc says "see that?..that's arthritis, congratulations, your back is 60 yrs old". Ugh...I keep active, still work and ibuprofen keeps me going. (Don't even ask me about the decade of pain meds)...the MIL fell and broke a hip in her mid 50's, completed 4 weeks of therapy and just SAT...used it as an excuse to do absolutely nothing and now can barely walk. We tried to get/keep her moving but she wasn't having it, and now cannot even get up the smallest flight of steps. There's an old adage I love..."Don't think your way into right acting, act your way into right thinking" Ddf.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dirtdigginfool, your x ray was my xray 35 years ago. The chiropractor would look at it and it was all white also. I think he thought his machine was broken. I have slowed down but stopping would be a huge mistake.

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it was Joan Baez that said, "action is the antidote for despair". Positive thinking will get us through a lot. Carpel tunnel is working me, I've avoided the surgery but some day when I'm old (I'm 60 now) I might look further into it.

For me the first step of a project is always the hardest; after that whatever brain I have starts looking at the task (or hunt!) in front of me and suddenly whatever was keeping me down slips into the background.

Good luck!

Go for the carpal tunnel job. They got it down to a science now. Knock you out for 20 minutes and you wake up with 1/2 cut and a band aid. Your home by lunch.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All good information,,
I have to admit,, I was a non beleiver.
I used ri wake up with leg cramps.
Then it was suggested that I take a magnesium supplement every day. Now it is rare that I get any cramps at all.
I have to look into this Glucosamine. Every once in a while, my hands get so stiff

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Put some of that in a bottle and send it to me ok?

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just take three or four ibuprofens and go back doing what I can do.

bleeohio

Apr 8, 2017
Nw ohio
Detector(s) used
This space for rent...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree totally with the keep chugging along mentality. I hunt, fish, trap, detect, even throw in a little golf now and then. My Dr. says I could get disability if I tried with all my issues. I told him I didn't just retire to throw in the towel, gotta make up for lost time. I will say that a once a month trip to a good massage therapist is worth it's weight in gold plated pulltabs.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I decided the canoe I just got wasn’t going to help me much so loaded it on the tuck roof today to take it back. Five miles from the house something dark narrow and long falls out of the canoe and onto the road. A cotton pickin snake! Only me! True story. You can’t make this stupid up!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doctor doesn't like the BP either, but if she waits 10 minutes it will move 20 points!
Happens to me too.
She actually had me take my BP readings at home for a week all were good, but not when i went to see her....white coat syndrome, is what the problem is.
I get anxious when i have to go to Dr. appt...up goes the BP.
I do take 3 BP meds. (refused any additional ones)

I also have moderate to severe arthritis in both knees, and ankle (handicap parking tag)
Most days are ok, once in awhile its a Tylenol day, like when the weather changes.
You just have to search around and see what natural stuff may work best for you.

There is gold in this statement
Use it or lose it!

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just do what you can do and want to do smokeythecat. If you go back and that doctor asks you, tell him oh yeah, I'm following just what you said. You should look into some of those hot Sulphur springs, as they're supposed to help.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread