Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First, forget doctors. 100% of their patients eventually die. So, as you may have guessed, har har, from earlier threads, I have the arthritis bad enough my 3 day digs are now maybe 3 hour digs.

So I goes to my doc, and she had ordered a cat scan, and the cat weren't none too happy about it and YES! I was right, I got a lot of arthritis.

So doc says metal detecting was not good for me. So I.....

Went out and bought a canoe to go more places detecting and..... wait for it....

dug a 60' ditch by hand to put some pipe in to drain a spring in the morning.

harharharharharharharharharharharharharharharharharharharharharharharharharharharharharharharharharharharharharharharharharharharharharharharharharharharharharharharharharharharharharharharharharharharharharhar

If you quit doing stuff you die! Right now I'm too busy and cranky to do that!

But that Deus under 2 pounds is my freedom!

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
I have it bad, too. But I just accept the pain and move on.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If we don't, we're done. I know someone who just stopped and it took about 2 years and she died in her 60's.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sorry to hear, but you seem to be doing what's right for you and keeping very busy. :occasion14:

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like digging ditches? Hope this is my last ditch. I'm going to hire out on the next one.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
right you are smokey, never give up never surrender!

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr. Arthur Ritous is sneaking up on me too. I just don't want to see Lou Kemia coming up the road.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
God has it under control, I'm just afraid of the dark, snakes, bugs, monsters, doctors, cougars and bats:laughing7:

Phishfarmer

Feb 26, 2016
Petersburg Virginia
Detector(s) used
Deus, Others
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think it was Joan Baez that said, "action is the antidote for despair". Positive thinking will get us through a lot. Carpel tunnel is working me, I've avoided the surgery but some day when I'm old (I'm 60 now) I might look further into it.

For me the first step of a project is always the hardest; after that whatever brain I have starts looking at the task (or hunt!) in front of me and suddenly whatever was keeping me down slips into the background.

Good luck!

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Guys get some glucosamine pills and take them everyday.They work wonders on your joints.I take them every day.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Also just because a doctor says something doesn't mean they are right.Theres no money in curing somebody.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I didn't buy into the glucosamine at first but my 83 year old father has it super bad and takes about 15 of them a day. you should see his knuckles, fingers etc but he is very active and does a lot. So, when I take them, about 12-15 a day, they really help me. most people don't take enough of them to do any good. it also takes about a week for it to kick in with the higher dosages. lower dosages can take a lot longer if ever to make a difference. my father told me that the recommended dosages are for little thin people and I have to agree that when I tried the lower dosages that it never did me any good at all. my doctors after a cat scan, can't believe that I am not on pain pills all the time. I use the Glucosamine Chondroitin with MSM....total life saver for sure

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I started taking it after my right elbow was starting to hurt.sometimes in the morning I could barely straighten my arm out.Now it doesn't bother me one bit.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you just inspired me to keep going. Yesterday i did yard work in 104 degree weather. Was it the beer or the wife complaining? :dontknow:

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Arthritis sucks! Sorry to hear you got it Smokeythecat.

Do you know about the gin and the golden raisins? People around my parts use golden raisins immersed in a bit of London Gin for two weeks, then eat ten or twelve gin raisins a day. They can't be regular raisins, gotta be the golden ones.

No, I am not making this up. And, it helps the joints.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Keep going Smokey, I'm in the same shape. Some days are good and some bad. These 10 screws in my Rt. Hip and lower back just seem to get in the way. But you are correct, the Deus makes it a lot easier. I'm new to it (about 6 weeks now) but it's a back saver. Good luck to all the guys and gals that hurt.

chatterbait

Dec 27, 2016
Gloucester co.NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4,AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another guy from my old man's mold.Smokey you are the man.Keep it up.My dad's 78 and works with me everyday.We do masonry.20-30 yard pours 300 400 block a day foundations.Had both knees and hips done in one year and caught him welding his front railing with his walker.Funny now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread