Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Always good to have a trusty accomplice.

Here's mine. And not just when detecting. ;-)

DSCN1853.JPG

10 rounds of Speer Gold Dot 9mm as needed in a concealable format.

And I can't say enough good things about the Benchmade 940-2 AXIS lock folder.

Last edited:

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately, most lowlife muggers, rapists and killers attack from behind. So your arsenal of weapons gives you a false sense of security. What usually happens is you get hit in the head from behind, they take your cash, have their way with you and then use your gun to rob someone else the next day.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That usually never happens. If it ever happened, I'm sure there are several news articles about it.

What usually happens when a gun is drawn is that nary a shot is fired and both parties part ways unscathed. You won't read about that in the newspaper either.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That usually never happens. If it ever happened, I'm sure there are several news articles about it

If that happened to you, would you go running to the cops or to the press and tell them? I don't think so...

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If that happened to you, would you go running to the cops or to the press and tell them? I don't think so...

What? IF I got bumped and disarmed and some ne'er do well is stomping 'round with my property?

I suppose you could just wait for your serial number to turn up at a homicide scene, but I don't think think that will work for me.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is what I carry, loaded with Hornady 410 Self Defense shells and .45 hollow points. The self defense shells are 410 slug with 2 .36 cal bearings. First shell is the 410 then it alternates with .45.
View attachment 1605803

I have my conceal carry permit.

Here come the Judge, Here come the Judge

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If that 1% chance happen AND I was knocked out cold, which only happened ONCE in a bar fight on the chin. But these days always being aware of my surroundings in New Orleans at least, and they took my Xds .45, I have a 45 Dillinger around my ankle.

But I actually think it would be better because these animals prey on the weak and when concealed you might **** have to put up with some BS before you have to defend yourself. When it’s in view the thugs will just move on. Besides I haven’t seen anything thugs put there piece in a holster and I’m born and raised in New Orleans. Does that make sense?

Last edited by a moderator:

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could be right. Some people just need an obvious sign that you're not going to be a victim. I prefer to use my serial killer looks and my "don't mess with me" stare ! LOL!

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
i have had a few times i thought i was going to have to defend my self. And i came really close once we came out of the movies and my parents are in the restroom and me and my little brother are standing there and in the corner there is this guy he looks real nervous and there is a man with a little kid standing there by him the guy in the corner looks down at the kid then looks to make sure nobody else is looking then he looks at the door and repeats it about 3 or 4 times the guy with the kid leaves then he looks down at my brother then looks at me i stepped off the wall facing him with this look the guy got scared and ran out the building. it makes me mad that there are people like that in this world ( i'm not old enough to conceal yet)

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better to carry one, And never need it.Than it is to never carry ...and need one.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you think i am a liar? Presumptuous much Freebirdtim?

That's ridiculous. If am relieved of my property without just cause you think I would just blow it off? Of course I would notify the cops. I would also notify them that if they want the job they better find my property quick, before i find it first and settle out of court.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tim. Son, you have no clear idea what I would do. We all know what you would do. Maybe you should focus on something that you might do different than lying to the police.

you control your behavior and I'll control mine.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Freebirdtim I suggest you stop attacking members by implying they will lie, we also have rules on language and substituting characters for letters to bypass censor still violates our rules.

I pulled my pistol, a Taurus Judge 2 weeks ago to stop an assault against me, I did not have to fire because the assault ended when the "Judge" appeared, if it did not end I would have fired, totally protect by Castle law.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions