What do you want in a relationship?

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blind obedience and unwavering loyalty to me!!
preferably between 18 & 21 years of age. 25 tops.
and must be an 11 on a 1 to 10 scale of looks.

NOT Kidding !

I'm too old to Deal with waaWaaWaa ! & ugly in the Morning.
except when I look in the Mirror!

Last edited:

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

NOT Kidding !

.......And owns a Bass Boat.

ColeBen

May 21, 2018
Philadelphia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Master.
Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

NOT Kidding !

Haha this...this right here is what life is all about. You guys always seem to cheer me up and make me laugh even when yous don’t even know. TNet is like a big family from all over the world, anyways you guys ****ing rule, thanks for making me smile. Been down lately due to all the rain and not much time outside.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I learned wrong!

My first relationships cost 500 piaster a visit, about $1.80 in exchange rates.

Married twice, first for 20 years and she met another fellow. Second marriage lasted 24 days.

I'm still single 20 years following that mistake, seldom date now. But I will say that now I've met someone I really dig and it seems mutual.

Time will tell. I just don't wish to be an idiot again. I'd rather be alone versus that.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Just curious as to what everyone's opinion is on a romantic relationship.

For me, I think a relationship means two people are in a team, who have each other's backs and help each other when things get tough. It means being considerate of the other person, and truly trying to understand things from the other person's perspective. It should also have loyalty and respect.

What do you guys think?

Want? L.o.l..
Wanting don't grow much of anything.
#1. Honesty. A "romantic" relationship is worthless after a while without it.
Strive for agreeable. A trait often lacking.
Some one who can understand the concept of getting along temporarily , even when you are not getting along.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I learned wrong!

Married twice, first for 20 years and she met another fellow. Second marriage lasted 24 days.

I'm still single 20 years following that mistake, seldom date now. But I will say that now I've met someone I really dig and it seems mutual.

Time will tell. I just don't wish to be an idiot again. I'd rather be alone versus that.
You really dig her but does she really dig with you?

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
You really dig her but does she really dig with you?

The good thing in my life right now is that she really does dig me. Been going to church with her for over two months. A good lady who has been through her share of disappointments. We have a peace with each other.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The good thing in my life right now is that she really does dig me. Been going to church with her for over two months. A good lady who has been through her share of disappointments. We have a peace with each other.
That is awesome! But I meant does she MD with you?

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
That is awesome! But I meant does she MD with you?

She really does want to, I've inspired her with things I've found. But she'll probably never be able to do dirt digging. She has to wear a back brace due to degenerative discs in her back. But she could do water = someday I'll get her wet, water hunting of course :)

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I learned wrong!

Most G.I.'s were paying ten. I could speak the language so I only paid three. Went to Taipei my first R & R and she was an angel. Second was Bangkok and she looked just like where I came from.... not fun. ╦╦Ç

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1974, Frankfurt, Germany, red light district, $23.50-US, Vietnamese; Scandinavian; Italian; African; Chinese; Filipino; Spanish; and yes, beautiful blonde German. Disneyland after 6-mos in a Southern African "country" that shall remain forgotten. :skullflag:

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
What I wanted in a relationship 42 years ago differs greatly from what I want .. and get .. from a relationship now that I am in my declining years.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Most G.I.'s were paying ten. I could speak the language so I only paid three. Went to Taipei my first R & R and she was an angel. Second was Bangkok and she looked just like where I came from.... not fun. ╦╦Ç

Geez Terry, you guys got off cheap! My base was Nha Trang, didn't get to do much diddly in the field....

Both of R&R's were in Sydney, met a gorgeous gal there. Beautiful Australian gal. My first R&R, I found myself scratching a lot the next day. Discovered I had the crabs, bought her the meds to get rid of them. Duh! Thought I was doing the right thing - you know, always do the right thing.

I really liked that gal. Went back to Sydney on my second R&R, her father made her go out with me, and she clearly didn't want to be with me that trip. So much for always telling the truth - but maybe she didn't have the crabs then, got them ridded off her!

I didn't have them going in until I met her, was mostly living out of foxholes prior to my first visit.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Geez Terry, you guys got off cheap! My base was Nha Trang, didn't get to do much diddly in the field....

Both of R&R's were in Sydney, met a gorgeous gal there. Beautiful Australian gal. My first R&R, I found myself scratching a lot the next day. Discovered I had the crabs, bought her the meds to get rid of them. Duh! Thought I was doing the right thing - you know, always do the right thing.

I really liked that gal. Went back to Sydney on my second R&R, her father made her go out with me, and she clearly didn't want to be with me that trip. So much for always telling the truth - but maybe she didn't have the crabs then, got them ridded off her!

I didn't have them going in until I met her, was mostly living out of foxholes prior to my first visit.
Foxhole? FOXHOLE!? You see a fox in that hole, Marine, it's a foxhole. You see a Marine in that hole, it's a FIGHTING HOLE!! (boot camp quote) ╦╦Ç

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My ex of 20 years is exactly like my best metal detecting site that I hammered to death.......
Memories of past great finds flood my mind but I know deep down that if return there, the site won't produce a single good thing.
It's often that I return to places that rewarded me with great treasures only to find the ground exhausted, even after trying every angle....
Sometimes you got to throw in the towel and move on to new and more productive spots, leaving the past behind.
You can never go back to those moments, as they remain in the past but you can create new experiences, going forward.
Been in a relationship for 4 years now and can't find that same big puppy-dog first love that I had for my ex....not even close!
I'm in my mid-40's and could never feel the same as when I was in my 20's. Experience changes things.
Just like the feelings I had in my early teens after I found my first old coins. Decades and thousands of old coins later, the thrill isn't the same.
Then a site comes along, where I find the most incredible treasures ever and my head is spinning with excitement!
If this can still happen to 30+ year old detecting veteran, then possibly I may feel this way towards a woman again.
Luckily, the patience and persistence of this treasure hunter will never run empty! :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread