Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My ex of 20 years is exactly like my best metal detecting site that I hammered to death.......
Memories of past great finds flood my mind but I know deep down that if return there, the site won't produce a single good thing.
It's often that I return to places that rewarded me with great treasures only to find the ground exhausted, even after trying every angle....
Sometimes you got to throw in the towel and move on to new and more productive spots, leaving the past behind.
You can never go back to those moments, as they remain in the past but you can create new experiences, going forward.
Been in a relationship for 4 years now and can't find that same big puppy-dog first love that I had for my ex....not even close!
I'm in my mid-40's and could never feel the same as when I was in my 20's. Experience changes things.
Just like the feelings I had in my early teens after I found my first old coins. Decades and thousands of old coins later, the thrill isn't the same.
Then a site comes along, where I find the most incredible treasures ever and my head is spinning with excitement!
If this can still happen to 30+ year old detecting veteran, then possibly I may feel this way towards a woman again.
Luckily, the patience and persistence of this treasure hunter will never run empty! :headbang:
Never heard it put that way before.... but I like it! ╦╦Ç

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
If I had it all to do over.....

Going into the 70's free from the war, I was wild, crazy, and stupid for a number of years. A case of beer was a start, back then we'd "torpedo" beers competitively. I grew to an enormous capacity for consumption. Friends and I would drink whatever we could find. Bootleg liquor was rather easy to find. We'd have so much fun we'd "butt" heads competitively - one, two, three, BANG! And I was so stupid then - I always won, when the opponents had enough.

I probably be a little brain damaged.

I'd grabbed a drafting diploma at the local community college. Also got an Associates in Liberal Arts (the fun years).

Work was hard to find, a recession period. But, my upstanding cousin Bill got me a job at a piping fabrication company as a draftsman. But then we were so overloaded with work, the company brought in some "temporary" staff - from around the country, and I learned then about job shopping = putting yourself up for bid with resume submissions. Contract Engineering

There was such a need in construction for such a long time, I ended up working 67 projects in 29 states. Whole lot of bar room time in the early days.

Ended up marrying a very beautiful girl of 21 when I was 30.

But I was always a very poor person, emancipated at 16 and living in boarding houses. I had this path to wealth, I worked every hour available whatever project I took, I was away from home, but on some of the projects I was across the country.

Things got kinda miserable, we didn't argue and maybe we should of. She met someone and filed for divorce. I was always gone = What do we choose, and what do we hold precious, or maybe IMPORTANT in the way we handle our lives?

I ended here up the holler living with my 92 year old mother, subsisting well but not even wealthy. I'm fine, I have peace.

The reason I went into this history of me was maybe it will help someone. Keep your purpose, and always be faithful to those you love. And then you'll have peace.

But, life always happens.

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
well some of you guys i dont know where you come up with these ideas. mind benders ? when i was younger i used to have an old sweat shirt that had a cliche ? all i want outa life is #1 a little beer money #2 hell if i can remember this one #3 every now and then just a little and it really seemed to help me. until it disappeared. i think one of my old girlfriends made it ? go away cuz she felt lets say challenged. so i never got married. cuz i ran out of luck. so if any of you you guys had the same shirt refresh my memory what #2 was ? help my chemically challenged brain. thanks

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep telling the wife to give the pants back 1 they dont fit 2 you dont look good in them

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
3 they are miiiiiine

Maybe, but she probably picked them out and tells you when to wear them...Just Sayin'... It happens.

And as far as looking good in them...Where you're concerned, she better hear from you that she looks gorgeous in Anything she wears or doesn't wear. lol!

Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
If I had it all to do over.....

Going into the 70's free from the war, I was wild, crazy, and stupid for a number of years. A case of beer was a start, back then we'd "torpedo" beers competitively. I grew to an enormous capacity for consumption. Friends and I would drink whatever we could find. Bootleg liquor was rather easy to find. We'd have so much fun we'd "butt" heads competitively - one, two, three, BANG! And I was so stupid then - I always won, when the opponents had enough.

I probably be a little brain damaged.

I'd grabbed a drafting diploma at the local community college. Also got an Associates in Liberal Arts (the fun years).

Work was hard to find, a recession period. But, my upstanding cousin Bill got me a job at a piping fabrication company as a draftsman. But then we were so overloaded with work, the company brought in some "temporary" staff - from around the country, and I learned then about job shopping = putting yourself up for bid with resume submissions. Contract Engineering

There was such a need in construction for such a long time, I ended up working 67 projects in 29 states. Whole lot of bar room time in the early days.

Ended up marrying a very beautiful girl of 21 when I was 30.

But I was always a very poor person, emancipated at 16 and living in boarding houses. I had this path to wealth, I worked every hour available whatever project I took, I was away from home, but on some of the projects I was across the country.

Things got kinda miserable, we didn't argue and maybe we should of. She met someone and filed for divorce. I was always gone = What do we choose, and what do we hold precious, or maybe IMPORTANT in the way we handle our lives?

I ended here up the holler living with my 92 year old mother, subsisting well but not even wealthy. I'm fine, I have peace.

The reason I went into this history of me was maybe it will help someone. Keep your purpose, and always be faithful to those you love. And then you'll have peace.

But, life always happens.

I think you are a Good Man for taking care of your Mother.

I was visiting a very nice retirement/assisted living/nursing home not long ago and it was so sad how many folks have no family visit them.

They'll be at their funeral though I bet.

Kace

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
first i would require my own private island. so when we get into those arguments i would have a place to go cool of for awhile and look for gold doubloons until my hearts content. i guess thats why i'm still single ? i hav'nt found a woman rich enough to buy me my own island8-) i'll figure out the rest after i find her

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
69663aac442d5b2da4fde40cad3bdc01.jpg fa345cb9731d25771ff730e2f2929912.jpg :laughing7:

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love finding the worlds smallest handcuffs...…... handcuffs.png , but I won't wear one ...lol
Jon :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread