What do you want in a relationship?

claypile

Mar 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious as to what everyone's opinion is on a romantic relationship.

For me, I think a relationship means two people are in a team, who have each other's backs and help each other when things get tough. It means being considerate of the other person, and truly trying to understand things from the other person's perspective. It should also have loyalty and respect.

What do you guys think?

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey claypile. You should refer to today's post "Dang Delaware" by crypticrecon. You two should get together.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

For me, I think a relationship means two people are in a team, who have each other's backs and help each other when things get tough. It means being considerate of the other person, and truly trying to understand things from the other person's perspective. It should also have loyalty and respect.

What do you guys think?

Been married for 43 years and I really can't remember. :laughing7:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

What do you guys think?
My marriage is all of those, and then some....
My first marriage however, included none of those, a kid, and a record.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other

What do you guys think?

happy wife happy life mad wife aw :censored:

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing that really helps is to have your Birthdays 180 days apart.:icon_thumright:
Do your due diligence.:occasion14:
Marvin

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Turn on and go,Good penetration, not too much high tone, lightweight, economical

Chub

USMC Reaper

May 23, 2015
Abbeville, S.C.
Detector(s) used
MineLab CTX 3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Blind obedience and unwavering loyalty to me!! Only kidding, all I need, and I have it, is a pretty playful Girl.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Took me a few wives and children to learn what real love is. I always associated sex with love going through my early teens, into my 30s. It wasn't until I got together with my best friend, 27-years ago, that I finally learned what a real love-based relationship felt like. We have not fought or had a harsh word between us in all that time. We have disagreed, but not with malice. My biggest joy is making her happy, catering to her needs. And I know that she feels and does the same for me.

No jealousy; power trips; obsessiveness; nagging - just laughing; hugging; smiling; squeezing; kissing, and a little wrestling! :skullflag:

TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Before you get married, you can do no wrong. After marriage, you can't do a d*nm thing right. Took me a long time to figure that out.

Harvest

Apr 6, 2008
Daytona Beach, Fl.
Detector(s) used
Whites SL90, Surf PI, Minelab Excalibur 800
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
True love , is when i knew my wife really loved me when a few months ago she handed me a hand full of money to buy a motorcycle.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is part of a paper i wrote few years ago while taking a communications class.
It could use a little revision but i will keep it as i wrote it.
The title was "The perfect Relationship"

It was mid to late August of 2002 when I sat down at my computer to check the thousands of emails that were flooding in every day. They were all from women who wanted and needed a man such as myself. I could not respond to them all, mainly because of time restrictions and cash flow problems. Some of these women required as much as $3.99 a minute. Helping them get through college was always a priority for me, but even a world famous philanthropist, such as myself, has to draw the line somewhere.

As I was scrolling down my list of needy women, I happened upon an email that set itself apart from the rest. Instead of pleading for me to come visit her at her web site, like 99% of the other emails I had received, she just let me know that she lived in my area and would like to communicate with me. Well, who am I to say no to a free phone call.

After calling her on the phone, I found her to be quite interesting. I talked about myself night after night, hour after hour, for two weeks straight. These conversations were some of the best I have ever had with a woman. Finally, after one week, I got up the nerve to ask her name. I was over whelmed with her response; “Joanne” she said. This was the first word I heard her say. Our relationship had reached another plateau.

After I memorized her name, I knew the time for us to meet was at hand. I quickly told her I was hungry and invited myself to her house to sample some of her cooking. She readily provided detailed directions to her home and confirmed a time to meet. Our first date was set. I wanted to make a positive impression, so I took a lot of time to pick out an appropriate gift; a brand new oven mitt shaped like a fish and an orange cooking apron straight from home depot. I had contemplated a new high tech mop (one of those with a bottle of cleaner attached to the handle). But dinner was on the agenda and I figured I could get her the mop in a week or two, as a birthday gift or something.

Knowing what pleases a woman has always been one of my better traits and this sets me apart from the average man. I was certain I had chosen the right gift, and as a final surprise, I decided to bring my two sons along as well.I promptly arrived 45 minutes late.

Love was in the air as my children and I stepped up to her door. As I knocked, my heart fluttered. The door opened and Joanne appeared before me for the first time. She was as beautiful as I had imagined. As she spoke, I savored her words: “YOU’RE LATE!!” she said. “And who the hell are these kids? Get in here, you’re letting the flies in”, she demanded. I was in heaven, we were communicating as if we had known each other all our lives. Not only did she quickly invite me into her home, but she showed an immediate affection for my children.

It’s not often that a man and woman can communicate like this, but it’s something I think everyone should strive for. She loved my gift as well; when I presented it to her, she shouted unspeakable things and stated she would not be caught dead using such items. This definitely meant that she is a very sentimental person and wanted to keep these gifts for years to come. We have been together for a year and a half now and I am the light of her life.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

claypile

Mar 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In relationships, there can be a lot of misunderstandings that's why even if you are married for many years it's still important to consider the other person's feelings. Many dont know that their partner has depression so i guess its always good to have a heart to heart talk. :)

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
38 years here. THE ADMIRAL is finally coming around to realize that I'm usually right.

But I learned when to realize to yield rather than have a Pyrrhic victory. (Look it up).

Actually we're a pretty good team.

Last edited:

Bama Billy

Apr 2, 2018
Central Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better sandwiches would be nice. You know, quality bread, maybe a little more meat.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
38 years here. THE ADMIRAL is finally coming around to realize that I'm usually right.

But I learned when to realize to yield rather than have a Pyrrhic victory. (Look it up).

Actually we're a pretty good team.

So..who wears the pants in your family?

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something told me not to read this post........I now need to go to the doctor and get a testosterone shot..........

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe we should all gather round the fire and express our true feelings to each other. Married guys are SO sad...

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Add in Newspaper:
Seeking Female companionship, must be nice looking, strong, have steady job, own Boat and Pickup. Please send pictures of Boat and Pickup.
If suitable this could develop into a lasting relationship.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread