Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
A dealer in a local antique shop was closing his section today (the entire basement of the shop!), and had a $1 sale on everything he had. I grabbed this map, along with some other stuff. At first I figured that the map was probably a reproduction, but then after taking it out of the frame I noticed that the paper was extremely thin and brittle, feeling a lot like the paper in a one hundred year old book. Unfortunately, I noticed that the edges were chipping off under the frame, but I guess that is another sign of it being original. There was also a sticker on the glass of the frame, a price tag from a store that went out of business in the 1970's, which if the frame was bought specifically for the map, shows that the map predates the invention of modern laser printing. I have always wanted an old wall map, being a metal detectorist who regularly uses maps like this found online to find places to metal detect. I hope some of you may find it cool too.

Also, does anyone know what a huge wall map like this might be worth, I have absolutely no clue.

(Large photos, click to enlarge)

DSC_0632.JPG DSC_0612.JPG DSC_0624.JPG DSC_0627.JPG

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice find! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread