What is wrong with me or is it people ? Please RESPOND !

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
I had a similar experience with a family member. Locked my keys in my car, no big deal, coat hanger and some finesse to pull up on the power lock switch, time consuming but this isn't a tough task at all. Family member intervenes with 1,000 other ways to get the car unlocked and would not shut up, even offers to put me up for the night so I can wait for a tow truck to pick up my car and take it to a dealership the next day...wtf?! I tell family member multiple times, I'll try this first, if this doesn't work I'll go with one of your suggestions, family member keeps hagging until I finally say (heated) I don't really need your help at this point.

Of course when the family member tells the story, "I was just trying to help and he went off on me". OK, sure but you were aggravating the (fill in blank) out of me over a very simple task and I didn't need help. Family member couldn't wrap said mind around my way of unlocking the car. In family members mind, the only way I was getting the car unlocked was said family member's way.

My point is, sometimes we can be overbearing in our attempts to help others. Offer once and feel good about it.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Myself, I'm surrounded by self centered idiots who lack even an milligram of common sense in their brains. They are everywhere, everyday. There are many I would like to inflict some pain upon. And I'm not a violent person by nature. So you see what the average Joe or Jane has driven me to. I'm really disgusted with humanity lately. I think most Americans need a wake up call and a reality check. Or a good swift kick in the ass. Personally, I think it's too late. Humanity is heading in a downward spiral.

I been to most of the fifty states and I can attest that Florida has more rude people than other states. But to Florida's credit most of them are tourists like I am.

Still, there are some good people in Florida depending on how frustrated they are by tourists.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How in the heck can you tell someone that asked you a question how to go if they won't shut up and let you. It had been a week of dealing with idiots and also take into consideration i was saetting on my horse standing still in 90 DEGREE WEATHER. if she would not listen I was not going to waste any more time !!! Fault me if you want

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A good rule to follow is to invest no more care or time or love into a person or a person's cause than they themselves are willing to invest. If you do then you are harming yourself by pouring your energies down a hole, and also potentially reinforcing a dependent, exploitative or parasitic behavioral strategy in the other person.

There are many personality types in the world, and yours seems to value fixing or solving problems in a pragmatic fashion, but everyone is unique and some people are hardwired to have different priorities and interests and may not understand or appreciate what you are trying to do for them, nor be wired to communicate on the level you naturally operate on. Just let go, move on, and invest yourself in more fruitful endeavors.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plumbata what you are saying is some people are JUST PLAIN RUDE but your saying it in a polite way LOL

Cooperscoppers

Jul 1, 2018
Canaan ct
Detector(s) used
Garret at pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
People are strange when your a stranger people don’t trust anyone anymore we live in a world where everyone is trying to get over on someone for something all you can do is offer your help if they don’t take it or wanna help themselves then you shouldn’t feel bad it definitely not you but I can see why you get upset I myself have been in your shoes people are strange it’s the ones that accept your advice and help that make it worth helping people don’t let a few dum dums change your heart smile nod and move on can’t save everyone

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
The answer is pretty obvious to me. These aren't real people. No I don't mean lacking humanity, I mean they are clones or created by something. I see it all the time in the city.

Example 1: Me and my friends were coming home from lunch, and there was this guy in front of us. SO we decided to follow this person discreetly just to see where they were going. After an hour, this person was still driving around the same 8 blocks like an endless loop. We finally gave up. How can you explain that?

Example 2: Another friend and I went to the gym and we were working full time. It didn't matter when we went there( we went on weekends, at night, during the day during the week), the same people were always there. We even took a 6 month break and when we came back, the same people were there. Don't these people have other obligations?

Example 3: We have a lot of bizarres' around here so we have a "circuit" We hit so many in a single night. Again, remarkably, the same people were at the same bizzarres we were at. It didn't matter when we left or arrived. How is that possible?

It's almost like the people are digital stand-ins. People designed to "fill space" so the world doesn't seem void.

To get back to your issues, the people lack of concern to me means that these scenario's weren't real. The scenarios were just manufactured to give these people "character depth".

Maybe.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The answer is pretty obvious to me. These aren't real people. No I don't mean lacking humanity, I mean they are clones or created by something. I see it all the time in the city.

Example 1: Me and my friends were coming home from lunch, and there was this guy in front of us. SO we decided to follow this person discreetly just to see where they were going. After an hour, this person was still driving around the same 8 blocks like an endless loop. We finally gave up. How can you explain that?

they were obviously creeped out after having been followed by someone for an hour.

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well yes, some people are indeed quite rude, but the broader point was to keep in mind the fact that everyone operates and perceives the world differently and to not get too invested in or worked-up about dead-end situations.

For example, someone might happily spend a grand to attend every game in some sports team's season, while another might willingly spend a grand to avoid having to do the same thing. Some actively seek out the bustling and dynamic concrete jungles of big cities while others actively avoid them in favor of the serene solitude of the wilderness. Some are individualistic, some are collectivistic, some are sensitive bleeding-hearts and some are hard-nosed bootstrappers. Some love hearing themselves talk while others prefer to quietly listen and learn, some see a useless rock or plant while others see a special mineral or medicinal herb, etc. The great realization here is that both parties can be subjectively "right" within the context of their own life even if incompatible and subjectively "wrong" for the other. So while many people are truly lacking in social graces, often our negative interactions are due to a clash of incompatible hardwired personalities and our individual idiosyncratic approaches to life. It is easy to blame others for what one perceives as ignorance or inverted priorities (and in your examples I'd be on your side generally) but the reality is rather more complicated in my experience, and keeping the differences between people as well as between subjective truth and universal facts in mind has helped me entertain honest self-reflective criticism of my own errors as well as be more understanding of the perceived errors of others and to not take them all personally, and thus made it easier to navigate the highly varied social and political landscape here on Earth.

Bama Billy

Apr 2, 2018
Central Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Example 2: Another friend and I went to the gym and we were working full time. It didn't matter when we went there( we went on weekends, at night, during the day during the week), the same people were always there. We even took a 6 month break and when we came back, the same people were there. Don't these people have other obligations?

Example 3: We have a lot of bizarres' around here so we have a "circuit" We hit so many in a single night. Again, remarkably, the same people were at the same bizzarres we were at. It didn't matter when we left or arrived. How is that possible?

It's almost like the people are digital stand-ins. People designed to "fill space" so the world doesn't seem void.

To get back to your issues, the people lack of concern to me means that these scenario's weren't real. The scenarios were just manufactured to give these people "character depth".

Maybe.
You drove around in a circle for an hour and thought the stranger you were following for no reason was weird?? Baaaaahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My last couple of weeks has been something else. I sure have been getting upset with people. Read this post and please give me your opinion. A couple of weeks ago A gal posted a picture of two of her horses eating off of a round bale with the nylon netting still on it. I told her the wrapping should be removed to prevent horses for ingesting the nylon causing horses to Colic and even die. She replied (to save face) she never leaves wrappings on the bales when she feeds them. I have drove past there place many times and seen the wrappings still on the bales and horses eating them. She has lost a few horses to Colic.
I have horses and help quite a few people out with horse issues. Lady lost her horse a week and a half ago . She is about 50 miles from me . Asked me to come up with my horses and Drones and see if i could help locate her horse. I asked to to give better directions and please update often what has been discovered and any new sightings. She posts nothing and will not return my calls.
Last week I was at horse camp and just at the power pole before you enter the camp is a reward poster for a lost dog. Offering quite a bit of money. I called the guy and invited him to come to the camp and maybe i could help him with some ideas. Last Saturday we had a big cooking event with a lot of people. I told the guy to put a poster of the lost dog on our posted board because a lot of people come in bring there horses and ride a 40 mile trail system and someone might see the dog if they knew one was missing. He thought that was a good idea but never put one up. I called him Saturday and was about 1/21 mile from his place and NO OTHER homes around. I told him i see Dog tracks on the road and he should see if they are about the size of his dog. Said he would check them out a little later. Sunday morning I drove to the spot we had seen while riding our horses and noticed a small dead animal off the road something had been eating on it. Now i am thinking his dog that probably had pups was coming out of the brush and eating what it could of it. So i called the guy about 9:30 AM Sunday morning . I asked him if he checked that spot out he said not as yet. I asked him to come down now as i was there and had a couple ideas. He told me he could come down in a couple of hours as he ass watching TV !~!! I just hung up my cell phone and drove back to camp. me and my wife rode for like 4 hours looking for his dog On the trails looking for his dog.
Back at camp a lady asked me how we got back to camp the way we came in because she got lost. I have been riding the trails at this camp for almost 26 years. Every time i tried to say something she would just interrupt me. after about 10 minutes of trying to explain i just rode off . My wife said i was a little short with her.
I have helped other people find dogs, Horses and Cows. Gold jewelry and almost never taken a reward. I would not take a reward to find that guys dog either.

Am i the bad guy in these issues or are they ? Thanks for taking tiome to read this and please respond with your THOUGHTS even if there against me

Dude, it's you. We are too old to be dealing with dumbo butthats. You choose to get involved, Your Fault. Next time do what I do. Put in an anonymous call to the ASPCA, and have a nice bourbon. See the dog on the trail? Pick it up, collect reward, have a nice bourbon. Waiting for crazy people to call? You aren't drinking enough bourbon. :skullflag:

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well yes, some people are indeed quite rude, but the broader point was to keep in mind the fact that everyone operates and perceives the world differently and to not get too invested in or worked-up about dead-end situations.

For example, someone might happily spend a grand to attend every game in some sports team's season, while another might willingly spend a grand to avoid having to do the same thing. Some actively seek out the bustling and dynamic concrete jungles of big cities while others actively avoid them in favor of the serene solitude of the wilderness. Some are individualistic, some are collectivistic, some are sensitive bleeding-hearts and some are hard-nosed bootstrappers. Some love hearing themselves talk while others prefer to quietly listen and learn, some see a useless rock or plant while others see a special mineral or medicinal herb, etc. The great realization here is that both parties can be subjectively "right" within the context of their own life even if incompatible and subjectively "wrong" for the other. So while many people are truly lacking in social graces, often our negative interactions are due to a clash of incompatible hardwired personalities and our individual idiosyncratic approaches to life. It is easy to blame others for what one perceives as ignorance or inverted priorities (and in your examples I'd be on your side generally) but the reality is rather more complicated in my experience, and keeping the differences between people as well as between subjective truth and universal facts in mind has helped me entertain honest self-reflective criticism of my own errors as well as be more understanding of the perceived errors of others and to not take them all personally, and thus made it easier to navigate the highly varied social and political landscape here on Earth.

Some claim to be hungry, you offer them a ham sandwich, then they complain that it does not have mustard on it.

I can accept that, but I don't have to like it.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep...im THE poster child for "nice guys finish last"...I've stuck my neck out and had my head chopped off so many times, it's not funny. But guess what, I keep sticking my neck out. Case in point, we live in the country and occasionally during storms, trees fall across the road. I'll just pull the Husky out the case, fire it up and saw that sucker into manageable chunks (I burn wood tee hee)...soo...one stormy day, the wife and I are on our 2nd downed tree. Most ppl equipped with a working brain would see us, and do the Austin Powers 26 point turn-around between the guardrails, some actually offer help. So along comes Hasty Harry...screeches to a halt, leans out the window and screams "HEYHURRYTHEHELLUPIGOTPLACESTOGO"..I just look at my wife, shut the saw down and walk over...let's just say he did not take me up on my offer to remove his fender for free. Sheeesh..REALLY!!??....Yep, those jerks are out there...just don't be one. Ddf

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Maybe.

you can take the red pill or the blue pill...it's all your choice...

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
you can take the red pill or the blue pill...it's all your choice...

Im not pushing an agenda here, just making observations. Besides, Tom isn't here so it's free reign!

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You laid out several examples of people behaving badly, but of course we are only getting your perspective.

I have a feeling that your wife may have been on to something suggesting you were a little short in the one instance. She certainly knows you better than any of us and if she felt that it was worth mentioning, I suspect that it was out of character for you to act that way.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I was riding my horse in 85 to 90 degree weather for maybe 3 or 4 hours. Trying to get a horse to stand still is not as easy as it seems. When you try to explain a answer to a question asked of you . Now my wife even does this to me and other people. RuDE is RUDE and i di not have time for that crap. !!!

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I was riding my horse in 85 to 90 degree weather for maybe 3 or 4 hours. Trying to get a horse to stand still is not as easy as it seems. When you try to explain a answer to a question asked of you . Now my wife even does this to me and other people. RuDE is RUDE and i di not have time for that crap. !!!

I apologize. I thought you asked for any and all feedback. It now appears to me that you just wanted people to agree with you.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
people are idiots.
Yes, most of them, no matter what public arena they are in. I've spent the last 3 days dealing with a sick wife in the hospital. I had to make a scene and get loud at the nurses station on two different floors to get someone to pay attention to her call button. Professionals my ass! It's amazing how big their eyes get when some big bearded dude wearing camo and flannel who's just under 6'6" weighing 290 pounds gets loud because his wife is being ignored. Threaten me with security will ya? lol! I don't think so. I will not tolerate BS from anyone. That was yesterday. They tried to keep her again tonight just to do an MRI that was not related to the procedure she just had done. I managed to get her released a few hours ago, MRI will be done as an outpatient, thank ya very much. Quit trying to suck up someone's insurance you frauds. Freaking place is worse than a jailhouse. At least you can bail out of there. Hospital just wants to keep sucking you dry.

Anyways, sorry for the rant...

Well not really but you know, whatever. It's been a hectic week.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions