I got a $725.00 check in the mail today!

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
I shred and burn everything like that. Why? Shredding first makes for a more efficient flame.

Time for more coffee.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha! I guess they don't have internet so they're goin old school scam?

Stringtyer

Jul 29, 2017
The Old North State
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Tesoro Cutlass
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, this thread has awoken my inner nerd and I did the calculations for pay-back on this "loan". Assuming interest compounding weekly (and it is likely daily), if you made a $60.00 payment each month, you would have the loan paid off in only 11 years and 1 month. The total interest would be $1204.22.

I believe you could spend $80 or so on a Bounty Hunter and find more change than that in a whole lot less time.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate unsolicited mail offers and phone calls.
The government put together a "Do not call" program to stop unsolicited calls from people selling products that nobody wants. It doesn't stop the calls or mail because there are no serious penalties.
I get so many insurance and credit card offers in the mail, I have no problem starting a fire in my burn barrel. That's all those offers are good for.

OP
OP
Kray Gelder

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I get these things all the time, but this was the first with this hilarious interest. Had to share.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sign it "Pay to the order of" and sign it to oh let's see........... J. Edgar Hoover, Donald Duck, or Hillary Clinton .Drop it into the envelope & send it back. Getting plenty of those sign up for a credit card offers? The ones with the postage paid envelopes? :laughing7: Get your groceries in paper bags. Got a pile of those red bricks laying around? Wrap the brick in paper bag, scotch tape the envelope on it. Drop it off in the post office mail chute. The credit company has to pay the excess I was told $16 postage. Kills three birds with one rock!!!! You get a great giggle! You cost them some money, and you get rid of those old bricks. And after a couple they get the message!! I've whittled down my pile of bricks over the last couple years. I actually had a rep call me after four rounds of this asking what the hell I thought I was doing! Told him it was an IQ test & I don't do business with anyone who doesn't catch on after the second one. Guy lit up before I hung up on him. 30 minutes later closed my account, and yes they asked me real nice why I was closing my account, and I told them! Was nice enough to give them the guys name! Yup! got a new bank acct. down the street!

You just got to have fun with it! People take live way to serious! Relax & have fun with it!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread