Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was promised pics but they never came thru, so sorry. My son had a small male bear in his yard Tuesday, it was up their cherry tree eating the unripe cherries. I don't know how they tasted but when a bear is hungry, they are hungry. This is the time of the year that the young juvenile males have been kicked out and are fending for themselves.

They tend to be hungry all the time (sounds like teenagers) and are showing up everywhere as they try to find something to eat. They tend to be very rough on the fruit trees, especially to the younger trees. They have to be very careful not to get too close to other adult bears, especially big males that might kill them. So they tend to go to the houses where they can smell lots of good things. They will rob bird feeders etc and all of the dog food that they can find. Anyways, after it wandered around for about thirty minutes, my son ran it off before it got to the chicken house.

The two grandsons, ages 3 and 5 got to see it up pretty close while it was up the tree (thirty yards.) My daughter-n-law had a video but it somehow got messed up and lost. Because of the mountainous region where we live, the peaches rarely make but the apples and pears do pretty good, well at least until the bears find them. And this is why you have an outside dog in the country, to let you know when you have visitors!

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a wandering black bear up on the hill behind my property. This ain't no little guy either.
If you leave them alone,, they will usually try to avoid you. The big adults do anyways.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I've only seen one back years ago while Deer hunting. We have what they call Honey bears.Small. But years ago across the state line in Alabama, there use to be one at the University of Alabama that was pretty fierce.

Worm-Slicer

Jan 6, 2013
SouthwestVirginia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was relic hunting a Confederate camp a few weeks ago in the forest and heard this loud crunching noise that sounded like someone walking. I stood up and looked over the thick weeds and a black bear was walking right toward me. It was probably about seventy-five feet away. It looked straight at me and I thought it might charge, so I pulled out my bear spray. It did run but to the left and up the mountain. It was probably a young adult, maybe five or six feet if it had stood. I always carry my bear spray there, cause bear poop is everywhere and the landowner's son uses trail cams and in one photo was about six or seven bears. They are all over the place here now where I live and gonna become a big problem in the near future.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool I like seeing bears. Had to fence in my orchard and electrify my bird feeder because of them though. Neat animals. They tend to leave me alone though, unlike the coyotes around me. I do hear and see that the young males are the trouble makers though.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was promised pics but they never came thru, so sorry. My son had a small male bear in his yard Tuesday, it was up their cherry tree eating the unripe cherries. I don't know how they tasted but when a bear is hungry, they are hungry. This is the time of the year that the young juvenile males have been kicked out and are fending for themselves.

They tend to be hungry all the time (sounds like teenagers) and are showing up everywhere as they try to find something to eat. They tend to be very rough on the fruit trees, especially to the younger trees. They have to be very careful not to get too close to other adult bears, especially big males that might kill them. So they tend to go to the houses where they can smell lots of good things. They will rob bird feeders etc and all of the dog food that they can find. Anyways, after it wandered around for about thirty minutes, my son ran it off before it got to the chicken house.

The two grandsons, ages 3 and 5 got to see it up pretty close while it was up the tree (thirty yards.) My daughter-n-law had a video but it somehow got messed up and lost. Because of the mountainous region where we live, the peaches rarely make but the apples and pears do pretty good, well at least until the bears find them. And this is why you have an outside dog in the country, to let you know when you have visitors!

You're serving dinner, when???
bear whisperer.jpg

Bengsxr

Jul 14, 2018
Pearland, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My peaches never make it long some critter always steal them. I do a lot of hiking and we wear a bear bell to keep them in the know we are walking around.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread