Murphy’s Laws of Treasure Hunting....An all Inclusive Thread

holepuncher

Oct 5, 2014
Amboy Wa.
Detector(s) used
AT Pro. Equinox.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Taking my wife detecting is fun and she almost always went. What ticked me off? She would get bored and wander off looking at rocks and end up finding coins with no detector!???

I've mentioned this before...I was detecting a field for about an hour or so, I don't remember how long we were out there. She's looking for arrow heads ,rocks, throwing them at me..doing whatever she does. She walked over and asked real smart like.."is this what your looking for?" while holding a nice green Indian head !!! of course I said.."No, I was looking for pop tabs!!!!" uggggghhhh:laughing7: Now..".Remember all the stuff I found and I didn't even use a detector....blah blah blah..."

Guess you haven't figured out yet that she visits your found jar and dips into it to give it back to you. LOL

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 - & ProPointer AT-------

Back Ups: AT Pro, Tesoro Royal Sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get everything unloaded, get my tool belt on, my bags where I want them, my digger and pinpointer where I want them, hat adjusted just right, turn on my detector, get it ground balanced, them BOOM! Gotta poop.

happens last 25 hunts.

Eyeball

Oct 15, 2018
North Bay area
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT, sold.
Garrett Ace 250.
Minelab Excal II.
Playing with a Garrett XL-500, it got wet.
Minelab Nox-600.
Garrett pinpointer Pro, Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you are on a lonely desert hwy not having seen one single human for at least a half hour and you have to take a leak, the minute you roll out your weeny, the site becomes a traffic jam!
Conversely, when you break down and try that, the car that just passed you is the last one you'll see for hours and your cellphone has no signal. EB.

rjeffw

Mar 27, 2017
Western North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aluminum, the mimic of the metal detecting world. Oh I got a 80...aluminum. Hey I have a 50, should be a nickel...aluminum. Hey I got a 90, maybe a big silver...aluminum. I really hate aluminum.

Eyeball

Oct 15, 2018
North Bay area
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT, sold.
Garrett Ace 250.
Minelab Excal II.
Playing with a Garrett XL-500, it got wet.
Minelab Nox-600.
Garrett pinpointer Pro, Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You try to find that particular trail that's always quiet in there you were told, after three wrong turns you get itchy and think of Murphy, you knew the last turn should have been a left but you turned right on a gut feeling and not sure any more as you refused to write it down (no...I'm good you said, piece of cake you said),...that was a mistake and now you have to take more turns to get back, most of which are dead ends or just wrong.
Then you get back to the turn you took on a gut feeling and you make your left like you should have. After a while there is a road block and a sign stating "private," will shoot trespassers 3 days of the week, you'll figure out which days.
You turn around and meet someone who tells you when you ask for the place "oh, that place, you a metal detector guy?" You get sweaty and he gives you directions that follow your initial path on gut feelings to the trail into the lot you were looking for, only to now find 2 cars and a pickup truck parked one behind the other, belonging to...you guessed it...coil swingers! The "lot" was just big enough for a trailer.
I went home.

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Having to dig a deep hole on good sounding solid signal produced by my 800. Only to find a tiny square of can slaw. Oh well, kind of goes with relic hunting with the 800.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread