Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4 Mile Est of Me.

00aaa.jpg

Many local roads are closed in western Schuylkill County and other areas due to flooding Monday morning.

The closed roadways include Route 125 in north Pine Grove, Route 443 in south Pine Grove and, east of Pine Grove Borough, State Route 645 and 501 in the area of Mexico Road and Molleystown Road.

Schuylkill County Emergency Management is urging people to avoid travel at this time and to consult PA511 for up to date information on impacted roadways. There have been a number of people who have attempted to drive through flooded roadways and have become stranded and required rescue. Driving into a flooded roadway puts you and the first responders in danger.

The most significant impact is in the Pine Grove Borough, Pine Grove Township, Tremont Township, Porter Township, Frailey Township and Tremont Borough areas. The local fire stations in those areas are activated, as well as water rescue teams from Schuylkill Haven, Mahanoy City and Ryan Township. Additionally, high-wheel vehicles from local fire stations are being utilized to move stranded residents to places of relative safety. A request has been sent to the state for additional high-wheel vehicles to assist with moving residents.

https://www.republicanherald.com/flooding-closes-schuylkill-county-roads-shelter-set-up-1.2364952

Just Heard & saw a Fire Truck Fly by Here with Siren Blaring.
Still Waiting to hear if it's Flood Related.

Overnight the Road out front Looked like a River & I'm on Top of a Mountain.

at last 10 More days of this Expected :(

000aaa.jpg

People yelling out Front. Gotta Go see What's going on.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am.

My house ain't :(

with all the Leaks The Ceiling Tiles are soaking & falling in the Bathroom.
3 down in the last half hour so far.

Kitchen Floor had so Much water, I threw Blankets & Cardboard all over to soak things Up.

not sure what's happening out front.

old lady come out two Times so far yelling to someone I can't See.
sounds like She's just come out for the 3rd. :laughing7:

000bbb.jpg

000ccc.jpg

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Danged Jeff, sorry to hear this. I pray your weather will change. We'd gone fully two weeks of 90 degree weather and zero rain. Our forecast said we'd get 5 1/2 inches.

We got a very short sprinkle - it went your direction and flooded you - meanwhile we're remaining in a drought here.

Danged weather! Seems like I remember several years ago you got just about the same you're getting now.

Send me the flooding please!

Actually I'm on high ground - maybe I shouldn't wish this on the low lying areas near me...

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea I'll Take your Drought any Time over Rain :coffee2:

Even with the 90+ Degree Weather !

Bengsxr

Jul 14, 2018
Pearland, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well if you start going up in the house make sure you have a window you can get out, if you have standing water in the house you might have to turn the breakers off so you don't get shocked, Start ripping drywall and insulation out right away to prevent mold from growing and use the A/C it helps pull the moisture out of the house. I have several other tips but just went blank. Several storms and floods here in Houston area. Stay safe and be careful. Once they start evacuating people the looters will show up. Always keep a light weather candle of lamp going let's looters know your there and they will avoid you.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, sorry to hear what you are going through. Like Deepseeker said, we can't buy any rain here either. Hope the forecast for the rest of the week is wrong and you guys dry out!

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well if you start going up in the house make sure you have a window you can get out, if you have standing water in the house you might have to turn the breakers off so you don't get shocked, Start ripping drywall and insulation out right away to prevent mold from growing and use the A/C it helps pull the moisture out of the house. I have several other tips but just went blank. Several storms and floods here in Houston area. Stay safe and be careful. Once they start evacuating people the looters will show up. Always keep a light weather candle of lamp going let's looters know your there and they will avoid you.

no.
house is already beyond repair.
just hoping it stays standing till I can get other housing.
this rain may prevent that :(

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
no.
house is already beyond repair.
just hoping it stays standing till I can get other housing.
this rain may prevent that :(

Wow Jeff, I didn't know it is that serious for you right now. Just know that you have many friends here who really appreciate your presence. Five years of reading your responses to everything that came along, you've friends here because you always make sense of whatever it is at the time. Too bad I don't live closer - however, I fully appreciate having dry shoes.

Be Safe Jeff

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
Sorry to hear that Jeff. You being flooded and my good friend who lives near the French River (north of Parry Sound, ON) being evacuated because of a forest fire.
Both just horrible.

Hockey_Detectorist

Aug 15, 2016
North Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 200 & 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jeff I am sorry to hear about all the flooding. Hope you and your family fair throughout ok. Prayers are with you. Keep me updated.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gee whiz, Jeff. I'm sorry that you're having to go through all this. Keep us up to date and our prayers are with you in the meantime.

nwpa

Jul 6, 2017
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
T2 classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow prayers for you guys over that way, we just had a couple light showers over here and are below average on rainfall on this side of the state.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sorry to hear about your house, I hope you get relief soon!

Please be safe!

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear this Jeff. Glad you're ok, but sorry about your house. Take care.

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, sorry to hear about what’s happening to you. Hope you get some relief soon. Stay safe.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hasn't stopped Raining all day today.

I had to go out in the Yard & pop the lid off My septic Tank.
Water was a Foot above the Lid.

I may be doing like the bears do for a few weeks :coffee2:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
it really hits home when it is you going through the chaos, floods, tornadoes, hurricanes, fire, earthquakes etc. I truly hope that you are able to save important things and valuable things. We can be hammered really hard by nature as well as by major health problems that can totally alter your life. While most of us can not begin to understand your pain right now, there are a lot that can and I am quite sure feel for you from their own experiences. I hope for a better solution for you and your family. please keep us informed as best as you can. Jerry

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread