Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Several months back, my daughter gave the wife and I these camo rubber wedding rings to wear so we could wear them metal detecting. This was okay with me, the wife always takes her jewelry off, especially after one incident that had her worried for a little bit. I usually wear one glove, on my left hand when detecting as this is my main "rooting" hand in the dirt. I try to consciously check my ring finger when taking off the glove, been doing this for several years after another man lost his ring (gold WWII ring) pulling off his glove.

Anyways, sometime during the second week of wearing this rubber ring, I lost it. I didn't notice it was gone until after detecting one day and assumed (in basic training, we learned the true meaning of this word) that I had lost it then. I looked hard for it but couldn't find it, it was after all, camo plus rubber so I wrote it off as a total loss and forgot about it. So, a little while ago, the wife suddenly announces that she has found my lost ring, under the dish washer of all places. We are still in process of packing, cleaning and fixing little repair things and she was scrubbing the dish washer and there it was. My gold wedding band is way to small for my knuckle now and would cost more than it is worth to get it enlarged. So we have been hoping for to find one detecting that would actually fit but haven't yet. So now I am back to wearing this rubber one until then. Well, she finally found a man's wedding band but not quite what we were looking for.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing! :icon_thumleft:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Nice story Dirtlooter. Glad everything worked out.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
thanks guys, my wife keeps hoping to find a big honking men's gold ring for me to wear, I'm not exactly a flashy ring wearer but if she manages to find one, I will wear it some. After we finally get moved into our new home, I will get the gold ring that she found sized for her, it is a little big. really was surprised that I had lost it in our house and not in the dirt somewhere but that is how most rings get lost, when you don't realize it. DL

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a collection of tungsten and stainless bands that I have pulled out of the water, some of them pretty nice looking. Happy to send you one if I have your size.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread