So, the Wife finds my lost ring
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By dirtlooter

Thread: So, the Wife finds my lost ring

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Title? old fart

Jun 2014
    mid western ARK
    XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
    12363 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)

So, the Wife finds my lost ring

Several months back, my daughter gave the wife and I these camo rubber wedding rings to wear so we could wear them metal detecting. This was okay with me, the wife always takes her jewelry off, especially after one incident that had her worried for a little bit. I usually wear one glove, on my left hand when detecting as this is my main "rooting" hand in the dirt. I try to consciously check my ring finger when taking off the glove, been doing this for several years after another man lost his ring (gold WWII ring) pulling off his glove.

Anyways, sometime during the second week of wearing this rubber ring, I lost it. I didn't notice it was gone until after detecting one day and assumed (in basic training, we learned the true meaning of this word) that I had lost it then. I looked hard for it but couldn't find it, it was after all, camo plus rubber so I wrote it off as a total loss and forgot about it. So, a little while ago, the wife suddenly announces that she has found my lost ring, under the dish washer of all places. We are still in process of packing, cleaning and fixing little repair things and she was scrubbing the dish washer and there it was. My gold wedding band is way to small for my knuckle now and would cost more than it is worth to get it enlarged. So we have been hoping for to find one detecting that would actually fit but haven't yet. So now I am back to wearing this rubber one until then. Well, she finally found a man's wedding band but not quite what we were looking for.
    LUKE 15 : 8 "OR WHAT WOMAN, IF SHE HAS TEN SILVER COINS AND LOSES ONE COIN,DOES NOT LIGHT A LAMP AND SWEEP THE HOUSE AND SEARCH CAREFULLY UNTIL SHE FINDS IT?" 15 : 9 "AND WHEN SHE HAS FOUND IT, SHE CALLS TOGETHER HER FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS, SAYING, "REJOICE WITH ME, FOR I HAVE FOUND THE COIN WHICH I HAD LOST!"

Charter Member
    us
    DEPLORABLE

Jul 2015
    Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
    E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
    20885 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Cool story,,
    Glad your wife is so understanding,
    SOMETIMES I WISH I DIDN'T KNOW NOW ,,, WHAT I DIDN'T KNOW THEN,, Bob Seger

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II & X-terra 705; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    27355 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Thank you for sharing!

Charter Member
    us
    Rook

Nov 2013
    Mississippi
    XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
    37917 times
    Nice story Dirtlooter. Glad everything worked out.

us
    Sir

Sep 2015
    Connecticut
    Minelab
    3043 times
    Happy life, Happy wife.

us
    Title? old fart

Jun 2014
    mid western ARK
    XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
    12363 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    thanks guys, my wife keeps hoping to find a big honking men's gold ring for me to wear, I'm not exactly a flashy ring wearer but if she manages to find one, I will wear it some. After we finally get moved into our new home, I will get the gold ring that she found sized for her, it is a little big. really was surprised that I had lost it in our house and not in the dirt somewhere but that is how most rings get lost, when you don't realize it. DL
    LUKE 15 : 8 "OR WHAT WOMAN, IF SHE HAS TEN SILVER COINS AND LOSES ONE COIN,DOES NOT LIGHT A LAMP AND SWEEP THE HOUSE AND SEARCH CAREFULLY UNTIL SHE FINDS IT?" 15 : 9 "AND WHEN SHE HAS FOUND IT, SHE CALLS TOGETHER HER FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS, SAYING, "REJOICE WITH ME, FOR I HAVE FOUND THE COIN WHICH I HAD LOST!"

Jun 2007
    Minnesota
    Tiger Shark, Xterra 705
    2915 times
    I have a collection of tungsten and stainless bands that I have pulled out of the water, some of them pretty nice looking. Happy to send you one if I have your size.
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it”

Thomas Jefferson

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links