Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you see the 25 tattoo above left eye?

chub

Anyway, Im not here to argue. We have a gun thread.

If you are saying that you would be glad for your wife and kids to return home to this person waiting inside your house then good for you !
Maybe your wife can chime in here?

This is one of my biggest fears ...probably the biggest. Is being in a situation where I couldn't protect my wife or child. I really don't have any fear or very little when I'm alone. I feel it is my job to protect them and want the options that we do have to do it. Has nothing to do with feeling tuff or paranoid or whatever else. I'm not a "tuff guy". I'm weak at this point, I'm a horrible fighter.

Anyhow... kind of off subject but when I saw this post I thought "yes!! That is my real fear". I've been around and seen enough things happen, so fast. I'm glad he fled and didn't want confrontation or feel cornered in your home, It could have went real bad real fast!!!

Not trying to stir up the gun debate but it does fit the subject when thinking about the type of thing that happened in your home and I won't argue or go any further about it in your thread. God!!! I couldn't even imagine something happening to my wife or child in front of me and not have anything to do something about it. I lived in a neighborhood in the past that creepy crawlers would wonder through or out of our back yard when we pulled in. They would usually ask for a cig and move on but when they are on stuff they can be very unpredictable.

Last edited:

Stringtyer

Jul 29, 2017
The Old North State
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Tesoro Cutlass
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can resist anything but temptation and temptation has knocked on my mental door about the BMI discussion. No one asked for this but here goes ...

I’m overweight (5’-11” @ 196 pounds). That gives me a BMI of 27.3, overweight. That has been a lifelong fact (and fight) for me but has not had any particular negative effect on my health. I have always been active and have done such foolish things as participating in a sprint triathlon and a few half marathons. The fat man plods along.

At my most recent annual physical, my doctor led off with, “For your age, you’re in good shape ... but you’re fat.” I jokingly accused her of body profiling and she said, “You heard me.” My fight with weight is constant. To use Kyle Matthews’ lyrics, I fall down and I get up.

BMI is an interesting tool that helps inform a doctor about a patient’s weight/body fat ratio but that is all it is, a tool. By itself, BMI means very little. Other metrics are necessary to adequately assess a person’s health risks from obesity. For example, body fat percentage is likely a better indicator of potential problems than BMI as BMI is a simple ratio between height and weight adjusted for gender (male or female). Other health risk factors include hypertension, hyperlipidemia (high cholesterol), and genetics.

There are painfully obvious examples of persons who are clearly obese and, to tell the truth, I often wonder how you get to 400 pounds without noticing. How does that sneak up on you? However, to denigrate someone based on BMI seems, at the least rude and at worst ignorant if not stupid. I know that persons make statements based on opinion, experiences, and limited knowledge and then dig-in for a fight. That’s OK. Everyone is entitled to his or her thoughts.

So ends my rant.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
I can resist anything but temptation and temptation has knocked on my mental door about the BMI discussion. No one asked for this but here goes ...

I’m overweight (5’-11” @ 196 pounds). That gives me a BMI of 27.3, overweight. That has been a lifelong fact (and fight) for me but has not had any particular negative effect on my health. I have always been active and have done such foolish things as participating in a sprint triathlon and a few half marathons. The fat man plods along.

At my most recent annual physical, my doctor led off with, “For your age, you’re in good shape ... but you’re fat.” I jokingly accused her of body profiling and she said, “You heard me.” My fight with weight is constant. To use Kyle Matthews’ lyrics, I fall down and I get up.

BMI is an interesting tool that helps inform a doctor about a patient’s weight/body fat ratio but that is all it is, a tool. By itself, BMI means very little. Other metrics are necessary to adequately assess a person’s health risks from obesity. For example, body fat percentage is likely a better indicator of potential problems than BMI as BMI is a simple ratio between height and weight adjusted for gender (male or female). Other health risk factors include hypertension, hyperlipidemia (high cholesterol), and genetics.

There are painfully obvious examples of persons who are clearly obese and, to tell the truth, I often wonder how you get to 400 pounds without noticing. How does that sneak up on you? However, to denigrate someone based on BMI seems, at the least rude and at worst ignorant if not stupid. I know that persons make statements based on opinion, experiences, and limited knowledge and then dig-in for a fight. That’s OK. Everyone is entitled to his or her thoughts.

So ends my rant.

Well Said!

Those were some of the rudist and most uncalled for posts I've seen here, especially the 'MOOOOOO' by FBT calling him a cow... those comments along with an elderly man's photo being shown here and him being referred to as an Old Geezer is disgusting.

I've been sitting at a Hospice House for 2.5 days now and one of my g-uncles just died... He looked a lot like that elderly man in the photo at almost 90yrs old.

Unless that photo of the man in the red shorts IS FreeBirdTim.. that photo and the comments should of never been posted.

No Respect For Anyone.

String...You are right about BMI testing only. Don't let those comments bother you...I can tell you are a better person and that's what counts.

Kace

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like getting robbed by fat people more than I like getting robbed by skinny people. Fat thieves are easier to find, and its not so rough on the knuckles tuning up.

They are much slower as well. But they get stuck under the pickup truck. i hate when that happens.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi , Hate to have to say this but obese people are stealing from you all the time. ITS called overloaded medical system and health insurance thats way to high. TP

Last edited:

uni

Dec 12, 2014
NW Ohio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I live 500 feet from the RI State Police barracks. Only a fool would try to rob anyone in my neighborhood.

Police stations have been robbed, patrol cars stolen. 500 feet?....minutes....pull a trigger....tenths of a second! In todays political climate, the LEOs will show up to clean up, long after it's over.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was never my intent to make fun of overweight people. I apologize for that and to Oregon Viking. I can't seem to remove the photo of the overweight guy, so maybe the mods could do that for me.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was never my intent to make fun of overweight people. I apologize for that and to Oregon Viking. I can't seem to remove the photo of the overweight guy, so maybe the mods could do that for me.

go to "settings" up in the right side. Then click on "atachments" left side bottom of the row... I think you can remove it in there. Meaning the setting on the site not your computer... You can delete posted pics in there and it will remove them from the threads. I've done it after posting dumb stuff. Many times!!!

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Picture removed.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
I like getting robbed by fat people more than I like getting robbed by skinny people. Fat thieves are easier to find, and its not so rough on the knuckles tuning up.

When you're tuning your boy up, how do you ensure that you got the right person?

They are much slower as well. But they get stuck under the pickup truck. i hate when that happens.

Same question, I suppose.

OZARKS

Banned
Sep 16, 2013
USA
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, AT PRO, Fisher F44,F2, F5, E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found a ring just like that on a playground recently, too funny!

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you're tuning your boy up, how do you ensure that you got the right person?

I guess I could ask the magic 8 ball. It's usually pretty good at giving the correct answers. I think mines broken though it keeps saying "ask again later":dontknow: Ok ok...I just had to throw in something dumb....

I agree though. unless you know for sure who stole your stuff. it's not a good idea to guess or just randomly tune or "adjust" people.:laughing7: I'm not a tough person but I see nothing wrong with it.:laughing7:

Last edited:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other

In Chub's situation the guy had his stuff in his kids backpacks and his 14yr old had seen him... then he confessed.
What else would anyone need?

I agree that you can't just walk around accusing people without proof and tuning them... but if you have the person on camera or a witness or prints or they have your stuff or have sold it at a pawnshop. Or sold it to someone else that identified them. Or they are in your home...What else is needed?

If you get to them before LE...call 911 and hold them however you can til they arrive.

People that avoid confrontation at all costs always have the option to just turn it into insurance... then you'll have to turn it in again because the thieves will know you've replaced it with new stuff and come back to steal that. Then you're shopping for new insurance.

Just hope your not home or come home when that happens.

Kace

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread