chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Chub's situation the guy had his stuff in his kids backpacks and his 14yr old had seen him... then he confessed.
What else would anyone need?

I agree that you can't just walk around accusing people without proof and tuning them... but if you have the person on camera or a witness or prints or they have your stuff or have sold it at a pawnshop. Or sold it to someone else that identified them. Or they are in your home...What else is needed?

If you get to them before LE...call 911 and hold them however you can til they arrive.

People that avoid confrontation at all costs always have the option to just turn it into insurance... then you'll have to turn it in again because the thieves will know you've replaced it with new stuff and come back to steal that. Then you're shopping for new insurance.

Just hope your not home or come home when that happens.

Kace

Correct on all counts.

When I found the ring the some of the contents of his personal bag were laying scattered around not too far away. sim cards,Condoms , shoe laces, plastic bags.... it looked a little like a poor mans rape kit.

Yesterday, my wife collected everything from the police station. Inside was (you guessed it) a roll of silver duct tape and a roll of string - along with alot of things we didint realise were missing - deodorant(?) cotton buds (??)etc.

Maybe not a rape kit but when the bags are full of headphones, cell phones, tablets etc why would someone steal duct tape and string?

Alarm perimiter beams being installed today.

Thanks for all the responses, sorry the thread got dragged down to discussing peoples weight?

chub

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Correct on all counts.

When I found the ring the some of the contents of his personal bag were laying scattered around not too far away. sim cards,Condoms , shoe laces, plastic bags.... it looked a little like a poor mans rape kit.

Yesterday, my wife collected everything from the police station. Inside was (you guessed it) a roll of silver duct tape and a roll of string - along with alot of things we didint realise were missing - deodorant(?) cotton buds (??)etc.

Maybe not a rape kit but when the bags are full of headphones, cell phones, tablets etc why would someone steal duct tape and string?

Alarm perimiter beams being installed today.

Thanks for all the responses, sorry the thread got dragged down to discussing peoples weight?

chub

Chub... I'm happy to hear about the alarm perimeter! That will make you guys feel better!

If I let myself think of all the money I've spent to deter home invasion, robbery and rape..God Forbid... I really get mad that I have had to do all of that because of the sick, perverted people and junkies that are out there just to feel safe in my own home.

The guy that was trying to climb my driveway gates that night had two sets of handcuffs in the back pockets of his Daisey Dukes along with that knife. The folks he had attacked, raped and robbed before had been handcuffed. No doubt if my dog hadn't been out there with me and saw him there would of been a different ending to that night.

That was a rape kit you found..all I can say is Thank God it turned out the way it did.

I think the worst part of robberies is the feeling of being violated in what we all think of as our Safe Space and fearful and that doesn't go away from what everyone I've talked to that's been through it says. I have one friend that had just moved into her first home and lived alone. She came home from work...night shift to find her home ransacked... and robbed...she said that when she went into her bedroom there was an impression of the guys boot prints in the middle of her bed...She can't get that out of her head.

He had removed a screen and broke one window pane to reach in and unlock the window in a bathroom to gain access, then stepped on her bed at the back of the house to leave through that window. The police said he was probably there when she came home is why he left that way. She only stayed there another week, with her brother before putting the house up for sale and staying with him til the house sold. She's still afraid which is the worst part... a robbery can take 10min and have lasting effects forever.

I hate that happened to you and your family but so thankful you guys weren't physically hurt. Those tattoos on his face tells of a bad past. That wasn't his first rodeo for sure. I was thinking that since he obviously has a criminal past maybe if you and your family go to his court hearing it might convince the judge to put him away for a really long time. I don't know where you live... you said it was winter there.

I'm sorry the thread got derailed like that too...It sure wasn't your fault. I don't know how or why that happened. Since I basically said the same thing as RJC... I took it as just a suggestion because that's what I meant my comments to be. Robbery to Guns to Weight to BMI??

Take Care Chub!

Kace

Last edited:

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
nope. sorry guys I don't have a similar story I couldn't handle all that excitement. I leave that to all you guys that have good luck charms. i'm still lookin for one though. good to hear it had a good ending for you though. peace out.

My good luck charm.

1_pistols_taurus_judge_ultralite_revolver_49480 (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions