Need Expert Advice

zsuchwani

Tenderfoot
Jul 30, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All,

My name is Zeeshan, and I from Pakistan. I am new in Metal Detecting forum and hunting so I need good suggestions and advice.

Firstly, I need a good detector for, Gold, relic, coins and underwater use. I searched a lot of detectors but can't able to choose anyone to start off.
In my list, I've picked 3 detectors, Garrett ATX, Minelab GPX 5000 and Minelab CTX. In your opinion which one is best for me? and If you have any suggestions except of these brands and models kindly share with me.

Your advice and suggestions will highly be appreciated.

Thanks,

ZS

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the forum from New York! :hello:

If you are only going two-meters deep in the water, you want a Minelab Equinox 800. Deeper diving will require a dedicated SCUBA machine like a Minelab Excalibur.:skullflag:

OP
OP
Z

zsuchwani

Tenderfoot
Jul 30, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Terry Soloman,

Thank you for your response.

Well, My needs especially for a ground scan for artifacts, gold etc. So Minelab Equinox is the thing which is I looking for?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm using the Equinox 600 here in New York, for the Saltwater beach (Atlantic Ocean), and for land and freshwater hunting. It offers the ability to search all terrain, and find anything you are looking for, down to 12"- 15" depending on soil conditions. If you want to look fo natural gold, gold nuggets, get the Equinox 800.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How deep in the water are you going to go is vitally important

OP
OP
Z

zsuchwani

Tenderfoot
Jul 30, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Terry,

Thank you for your reply.

Your suggestion is noted :)

OP
OP
Z

zsuchwani

Tenderfoot
Jul 30, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Gare,

Around 2 feet deep.

My main needs for ground scan.

Jacza

Apr 14, 2016
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello zsuchwani,

you should also consider the Makro Multi Kruzer, it goes up to 5 meters deep in the water and has a vibration mode. It's very lightweight and also a good allround machine.

Best regards
Jacza

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Zeeshan: Ok you asked for it lol . There are so many things to consider for example. How old are you what is your physical condition. Can you swing a heavy detector around and for how long? You stated 2 feet most detectors now will do that. If you purchase a non submersible machine be EXTREMELY careful when raising the coil so water will not run back into the control box! Your ability to understand programing a machine to get the most effective performance out of your machine. There are so many factors that enter into it you have to think this through. I have just mentioned a few ,
Based on what you have told us I think you would be very happy with the Minelab Equinoix 800 Not the 600 ! I think this would do more then what you expect and once you really learn the machine you would have everything you need :) Good luck and welcome to a very fine forum
Post us pictures and stories of your finds please

OP
OP
Z

zsuchwani

Tenderfoot
Jul 30, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Jacza,

Thank you for your response.

Your suggestion is noted :)

OP
OP
Z

zsuchwani

Tenderfoot
Jul 30, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Gare,

Thank you for the quick and described answer.

I will definitely go for the Minelab Equinoix 600 and learn the machine :)

Sure, I will surely post pctures of my finds.

Thanks one again.

OP
OP
Z

zsuchwani

Tenderfoot
Jul 30, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Gare,

Apologies for the typo, I will go with Equinoix 800.

Also, I've talked to the metal detector dealer in Pakistan, he also recommended me Equinoix 800

Thanks for your suggestion :)

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are most welcome. Glad we could be of help. You will find out this is one of the best treasure huntings on the internet. Please post pictures of your finds and places you will hunt and mpst of all GOOD LUCK !!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions