No update from FinderKeeper on Dent's run?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bud Aurum

Jan 6, 2017
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Things are moving ahead , the Dep. of Justice is involved now and soon the FBI will have to talk . That's all I am going to say for now.

Thanks for the update,
The DOJ would possibly get involved if artifacts had been stolen.

Your Bud Aurum

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Things are moving ahead , the Dep. of Justice is involved now and soon the FBI will have to talk . That's all I am going to say for now.
Being that your crew were on site for the two days that the FBI was at Dent's Run, answer these questions.

Did your crew observed the FBI digging holes in the snow, frozen ground in March at Dent's Run?

If yes, did your crew observed the FBI recovering any gold or treasures? The FBI did talk and made a statement to a local newspaper as in #10. .

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
Just like with anything else, we calk it up to experience and move on.

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The DOJ is going to force the FBI to talk.

Is this what you are saying?

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is what Dennis say in # 15. Read # 10 & # 20, # 23. The FBI stated that they left after 2 days and not coming back and they did no digging in the snow frozen ground and therefore recovered no gold and no treasures. The brief statement is in # 10. We wish that Dennis answer the 2 questions in # 23. I am done on this subject. Put a folk in me.

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok, call me a dummy, but after reading a little background on Dents Run I fail to understand why the fbi and the doj is involved ? I thought the govt treated treasure stories the same as ufo stories ?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminder to All.

Accusations are NOT Allowed !

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, call me a dummy, but after reading a little background on Dents Run I fail to understand why the fbi and the doj is involved ? I thought the govt treated treasure stories the same as ufo stories ?

I believe the fbi has to account for everything they do.
because of cost, While on the Governments (Tax payers) Nickel .
so When Stories are Fake or they can't be proven they Do laugh them off,
or at least Pretend they are Too Busy to respond in force.:coffee2:
at most Maybe send out a rookie or someone being Punished.

My guess the FBI has all the Pinkerton's original Records also.
and records of any Earlier Investigators, if they Existed.

5aa8943940957.image.jpg

FBI agents set up a base on Dents Run Road in Elk County while conducting a search Tuesday,Mar 15, 2018.

BENEZETTE — A historian who has spent decades researching the Civil War era gold rumored to have been lost near Benezette, Elk County, says he is wary of what will be found in the Federal Bureau of Investigation search currently under way in Dents Run.

“I was a little bit shocked when I heard (of the search),” said Jim Burke, a resident and member of the Mt. Zion Historical Society. That is partially because of the hurdles it takes to have such a search granted, and partially because he has his own theories about the gold.

Agents from the FBI and representatives of the Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (DCNR) set up a search area off of Route 555, on Dents Run Road in Benezette Township Tuesday.
http://www.thecourierexpress.com/ne...cle_f63f93af-e7d6-51e2-a8de-aeec83e8c5e0.html

Last edited:

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
I suspect the FBI was is Dents Run as a follow up in the on going investigation to the gold bar heist in 2015. Ironically, those bars weighed 26 pounds. Only one bar has been recovered to date. You can bet the farm that the FBI will crawl over any hint of buried gold between Florida and Massachusetts.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suspect the FBI was is Dents Run as a follow up in the on going investigation to the gold bar heist in 2015. Ironically, those bars weighed 26 pounds. Only one bar has been recovered to date. You can bet the farm that the FBI will crawl over any hint of buried gold between Florida and Massachusetts.

I don't remember the Story Very well, But if I do Remember a found Bar story Correctly,
a Gold Bar was found in Pittsburgh area (S.W. PA) :dontknow: & Published, Both as a Treasure in the News Story and in a Treasure Magazine as a Write-up / Interview with the Finder ? that was
Back in the 80's ? or Close.
I thought that was Connected to the Dent's run , & I.D.'d
By Markings Or Serial Number. but could also have been Braddock's I suppose.

so other then the Fisher Gold Bar. a 2015 Heist I don't remember at All

Last edited:

MattPa

Aug 15, 2017
westerm PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol at jelly hunters.
Finders keepers, If you guys are ever looking for another team member give me a shout.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Valuable lesson to be learned here. It's important to be honest and above board, but sometimes it will bite you in the butt. I don't know if they actually found any gold, but I do know they are being punished for attempting to find it (or recover it) legally. My rule from now on is there are no rules when it comes to recovering any treasure. If I find any real treasure, you will never see it posted here and I will disappear off the grid forever. Just my take on this deal.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Valuable lesson to be learned here. It's important to be honest and above board, but sometimes it will bite you in the butt. I don't know if they actually found any gold, but I do know they are being punished for attempting to find it (or recover it) legally. My rule from now on is there are no rules when it comes to recovering any treasure. If I find any real treasure, you will never see it posted here and I will disappear off the grid forever. Just my take on this deal.

I'm not 100% sure I wouldn't Post it here.
I just may Post it, But I may wait till April 1st to post .
and just show it in person to those I do Trust.
& yes ! I do have Trust.
but If I get a Visit I would use the Date to say it was a Joke :laughing7:

I Personally am against Trespassing, So I wouldn't Find it in an Illegal Place.

But I'm also against sharing with those who I feel don't deserve it.
such as: Shake Down Artists, Nay Sayers, suits, Those who would Hide it away untill they decide to Sell it for cash for themselves, or for money to shake down someone else.

Last edited:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you pay your federal income taxes, you will be fine with me. Remember, I am accountant.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The FBI with Finders Keepers was seeking gold bars rob during the civil war, and I do not believe this story and not the gold bar heist Remember, these gold bars belong to the owners and not the founders. If I had knowledge of the locations of these bars, I would have a solid contract with the FBI and the owners of the bar drawn up by a lawyer giving me a finder fees. Of course I would pay Connecticut and federal income taxes since I am honest. I do not believe that these bars were buried. The FBI is working very hard looking for these bars, but no luck except one. Does anybody know how many bars were stolen? Good hunting and good luck.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was banned for 90 days and got back July 27. While banned, I got on the Internet and asked: Did the FBI found gold at Dents Run? July 27, I wrote: The Inquirer Newspaper, Jason Nark, reporter, March 20, 2018: "The FBI in a brief statement issued Monday night said the crew came up empty after two days of looking and packed up last Wednesday. It did say the investigation was "Ongoing" so perhaps some small mystery remains."
# 10. No holes were dug in the frozen ground in March and therefore no gold or treasure was recovered by the FBI and Finders Keepers. End of story. Put a folk in me, I am done responding to this story.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh, God! 😱

Status