No update from FinderKeeper on Dent's run?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Valuable lesson to be learned here. It's important to be honest and above board, but sometimes it will bite you in the butt. I don't know if they actually found any gold, but I do know they are being punished for attempting to find it (or recover it) legally. My rule from now on is there are no rules when it comes to recovering any treasure. If I find any real treasure, you will never see it posted here and I will disappear off the grid forever. Just my take on this deal.

Yeah Man ! If you find something of value don’t blab about it cuz as sure as the sun rises there’ll be somebody stepping up to try and take it from you, and their success rate is pretty high !

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think that a lot of the “lost treasures” quite possibly have already been found by people smart enough to keep their mouth shut. I for one would be very quiet about finding anything of great value, if for no other reason than to keep the I.R.S.’s grubby mitts out of my pocket.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is against the federal laws not to pay states and federal income taxes, or off to jail you may go. Remember that I am accountant. Also, in Connecticut, we have a state income tax. Good hunting and good luck.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Businesses (like eBay) stash billions in offshore accounts and never pay taxes on the money. But us poor slobs have to pay taxes on found treasure, even if we never sell it? Sorry, not gonna happen.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Correction: We do not have to pay income taxes until we sell items that we find. Good hunting and good luck.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's the important part:

"The fair market value rule does not depend on whether or not you sell the found item. The value of the item is taxable even if you simply keep and enjoy the property you found."

So if I find a million dollars in gold coins, I'd have to sell half of them just to pay the tax bill. How does the IRS get away with this nonsense?

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because you aren't a senator,representative,or corporation which donates to the right people. Or other such types.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First I have to find treasure, then I have to worry about paying Connecticut and federal incomes taxes. Good hunting and good luck.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to a psychic during my lunch hour today and asked about this, she said we should hear something soon, this month.......I asked if she could be more specific, (cost me another $200) and she said since there were 16 to 19 shots fired at the ambush it should be somewhere between the 16th and 19th.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I married a psychic once. Oh, wait...no, she was a psycho. 😂

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This site is not dead yet as many government workers and some members here would hope, things been moving slow for 6 months but now I see it coming to a end. We are winning this battle for the truth to come out and we have proof to back up everything that we have posted on this site. More info comes in each day from people in the Dents Run area and this story gets better each day. This isn't just a great story about the biggest treasure ever found since the civil war , its about treasure hunters going up against the Federal Gov. for their right to tell it all. Thank You

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"This isn't just a great story about the biggest treasure ever found since the civil war..."

So, you found it? This sentence would imply just that.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"This isn't just a great story about the biggest treasure ever found since the civil war..."

So, you found it? This sentence would imply just that.
Not quite because a "story" can be fiction or nonfiction....

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its been 6 months now and our lawyer said that is enough time for the FBI to finish their investigation so we been working with major News Media to get our story right. Things are going ahead and the truth about what happened at Dents Run will be told.

Remember the FBI said Nothing Was FOUND , then said the investigation was still on going ? Why is there a investigation if nothing was found, nothing to investigate, but if something was found then they have a lot to investigate , a lot to investigate. They can say anything they want during a investigation , anything. Its been 6 months and the investigation is still going on ???????:dontknow: Now you will see why we could not talk about this story and there is a lot more to it now.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a free country with freedom of speech. Can't imagine why you can't talk about it.

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are the ones that ask for the investigation , so for them to do it we had to stay quiet. We still can not talk about what the investigation is about YET, but now we can talk about what went on at Dents Run . This is something I said a long time go ( This may end up in Federal Court someday ) so we need to play it as the lawyers tell us.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Its been 6 months now and our lawyer said that is enough time for the FBI to finish their investigation so we been working with major News Media to get our story right. Things are going ahead and the truth about what happened at Dents Run will be told.

Remember the FBI said Nothing Was FOUND , then said the investigation was still on going ? Why is there a investigation if nothing was found, nothing to investigate, but if something was found then they have a lot to investigate , a lot to investigate. They can say anything they want during a investigation , anything. Its been 6 months and the investigation is still going on ???????:dontknow: Now you will see why we could not talk about this story and there is a lot more to it now.

That could be a major mistake because major News Media likes to twist stories worse than the FBI.

Last edited:

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The major news networks that we are working with, want to get this info right before we go public. We have given them our story and they plan to do some research by talking to the FBI and other sorces we have to make sure its told right. There is so much info for us to say at the news conferance that we want the reporters to know the entire story before the news report is done.

Last edited:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
The major news networks that we are working with, want to get this info right before we go public. We have given them our story and they plan to do some research by talking to the FBI and other sorces we have to make sure its told right. There is so much info for us to say at the news conferance that we want the reporters to know the entire story before the news report is done.

Well, don't be surprised if when the story breaks (published or is aired) that you find they have changed or twisted some of the things that they quote you on. I found all too often that when I gave an interview about a particular weather event while working for the National Weather Service, that they would change what they quoted me own. It got so bad, that I refused to give them an interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread