No update from FinderKeeper on Dent's run?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm confused, did you find a major find or did the FBI find a major find? At one point, you stated that you didn't know what they took, so I assume you may know now? Sounds like you're making progress. Is the AP under a gag order or simply going to "time" the press release?

The AP is checking out our info to be sure we told it right. This is a major news story and they want to be sure they have all the info before going public. We had other major news company's on site to film our story, again they agreed to hold the story until AP makes it public. This story is BIGGER than anyone knows and there is a lot more added to it each day. The longer we wait , the better it gets. If we had gone public 3months ago we would of had only 1/2 of the info we have now. More info comes in each day. This story is worth the wait :notworthy:

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
This is a major news story and they want to be sure they have all the info before going public.

When was the last time that a major news agency waited to get all (or any) of the facts before running the story? Certainly not in the last couple of years.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When was the last time that a major news agency waited to get all (or any) of the facts before running the story? Certainly not in the last couple of years.

FOX but this forum isn't politics .
so that's all I'll say.

plus if your Publicly accusing a TreasureNet Member of lying you've earned a 30 day ban.
but I'll give you the Benefit of he Doubt this One Time.
and Figure I'm reading your Question Wrong.
and your last Sentence as a Joke.

IF your Last Sentence was a Joke, No harm, No Foul , No reason
for you to Complain

Otherwise, Refresh yourself on the Rules You agreed to in order to sign up here Please

TreasureNet - Rules

TreasureNet - Real Or Fake?

Last edited:

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If more info is coming in each day, does this mean they are still digging at the site?

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think asking why multiple news outlets would sit on a "major news story" (FinderKeeper's words, not mine) is a completely legitimate question. A ban? For that? Seems harsh to me.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think asking why multiple news outlets would sit on a "major news story" (FinderKeeper's words, not mine) is a completely legitimate question. A ban? For that? Seems harsh to me.

Re Read my Comment, I said "IF". it's an Accusation.

& this is Not My thread. I will Not Discuss My comments any Further.
& will delete Future attempts to Discuss my Comments.
Or allow this thread to Go off Topic. So Please respect My Wishes !

as far as I see FK Is responding to legit questions.

apparently patience is in short supply here. :tongue3:

Last edited:

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im heading there Friday afternoon for 9 days to fish one last time for the year since the water is still good and detect....I'll report any activity next week if i can get to a wifi or 4G area.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The way I see it is if the AP has the info and is prepared to release it at their discretion then there is no further gag order or ANY order in place from the FBI to force FK's silence.
As a gesture of good will to all of us here who have been more than patient, FK should throw us a bone and not have us wait for days, weeks, months or years for the ending of this saga. The worst thing you can do at this point is to keep us in suspense when you don't have to anymore.

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We had other major news company's on site to film our story, again they agreed to hold the story until AP makes it public.

This is major news in itself......because the media usually races to be the first to break a story.

Cal_Cobra

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2008
Northern California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800 & Makro Multi Kruzer, the rest are collecting dust...
I'm not seeing these alleged aggressive attacks. I've seen 100x more 'aggression' in other threads that never get warnings and such. I think you just have a situation where people are just a bit frustrated that this particular topic is always being treated with kid gloves, so to speak. This FBI 'dig' happened nearly 6 months ago and there are constantly more reasons (not using the 'e' word) for why answer/explanations are not forthcoming. The reality is that you shouldn't speak to something if you are not prepared to explain it completely. If you dangle a carrot in front of a rabbit, you cannot be surprised when it tries to bite. Not being aggressive, but FK should have just stayed silent until they were prepared to explain everything. Since they were not, they need to expect people questioning them and their insinuations, especially since they keep dangling that carrot. Don't confuse peoples' frustration with aggression.

Very well stated. What's the point of dragging on and on with something that may or may not be. Why not just spill the beans when the beans are ready to be spilled?

At any rate, someone pass me the Jiffy Pop :dontknow:

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 - & ProPointer AT-------

Back Ups: AT Pro, Tesoro Royal Sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
giphy.gif

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He's been talking about the big reveal for at least three years now. Patience is in abundance here.

How long have they been talking about any of the treasure legends, there is no time limit. Members are free to post BY OUR RULES.

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How long have they been talking about any of the treasure legends, there is no time limit. Members are free to post BY OUR RULES.

He is not just talking about the legend.

He has claimed the treasure has been found.
" largest find in the USA on land since the Civil War".......FK
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/g...te-finderkeeper-dent-s-run-5.html#post5934622

And also that the evidence they have been promising for around 6 months was coming last week.
"The story of the FBI dig at Dents Run will run this week".......FK
AND "They will release the story this week".........FK
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/g...te-finderkeeper-dent-s-run-5.html#post5938115

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And none of that violates our rules. The attacks on FK do.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many of us have been waiting patiently in silence. Just about time to change the channel on this one. Until then I'll enjoy what little popcorn I have left. I hope you don't consider this reply an "attack" also. I felt the need to reply because I have been watching this thread and the other related ones by FK for literally years. So patience is not in short supply. Here is a 7 year old thread that states someone dug up half the site back then. Not to mention the Discovery channel mentionings. So forgive us if we seem a little anxious when we kind of read the same thing (more or less) 7 years later.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...dents-run-show-tell-all-invite-oct-1-2-a.html

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Besides photo’s of the actual gold found at Dent’s Run maybe the news story will also include photo’s of the templar vault and templar graves FK stated they found.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many of us have been waiting patiently in silence. Just about time to change the channel on this one. Until then I'll enjoy what little popcorn I have left. I hope you don't consider this reply an "attack" also. I felt the need to reply because I have been watching this thread and the other related ones by FK for literally years. So patience is not in short supply. Here is a 7 year old thread that states someone dug up half the site back then. Not to mention the Discovery channel mentionings. So forgive us if we seem a little anxious when we kind of read the same thing (more or less) 7 years later.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...dents-run-show-tell-all-invite-oct-1-2-a.html

Your find Diggum,as long as members post by the rules there is no problem, it is when it turns to attack the problem starts and mods step in..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions