Transparent Grid Overlays

Got-Good-Tones

Mar 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybody else using "Transparent Grid Overlays" when checking out a fairly large area? Seems to help if doing an area of interest (Fairly large area - 3-5 acres or bigger)...and you want to go over it with a fine toothed comb. This and Maprika for out in the field...take a snapshot of area of interest...make up map with grid included...upload to Maprika server...download to cellphone or tablet...and you can navigate to a very specific grid area.

I've got one I can upload to TN if anybody is interested...

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OR, you can just do it the old fashioned newbie way, taking two 25' pieces of string, and laying them in grid lines 44" apart. As you get more experience, you won't need the fancy tools. It is pure feel after a few years. Great toy though. Thank's for sharing!:skullflag:

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mower and disc lines work pretty good too. That's why I like doing parks, schools and athletic and farm fields. 😁

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Anybody else using "Transparent Grid Overlays" when checking out a fairly large area? Seems to help if doing an area of interest (Fairly large area - 3-5 acres or bigger)...and you want to go over it with a fine toothed comb. This and Maprika for out in the field...take a snapshot of area of interest...make up map with grid included...upload to Maprika server...download to cellphone or tablet...and you can navigate to a very specific grid area.

I've got one I can upload to TN if anybody is interested...

Very interested

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread