Rainy day blues. Remedies?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Plumbata
  • 2 Post By Tpmetal
  • 1 Post By Mackaydon

Thread: Rainy day blues. Remedies?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

May 2018
    Philadelphia
    Treasure Master. Pinpointer
    70 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Cry Rainy day blues. Remedies?

So itís really rainy here and I wasnít wondering what do you guys do to keep from going insane?
    I wanted to read and do some prospecting... I really want to read KVMs hunting manual #6 and #7 but it sucks because on eBay they are $50.+ Iím looking for a pdf version or kindle version I can pay for (it would be a lot cheaper) but I am not having any luck.

ARe there any good reads online either in pdf/kindle or just online format that arenít cheap or free and morn a whole bunch of bs ?
    Recommendations please

Thanks in advance everyone 🖤

Charter Member
    us
    Martiobarbuli

May 2012
    Wyoming
    White's
    1823 times
    I don't know anything about the items you're looking for, but on "rainy days" (winter) I like to trawl through old digitized newspaper archives for good leads, and being in Philly I'd imagine that there are gobs of old digitally archived newspapers from the area. I prefer to look for information discussing the old garbage dumps of the towns but they also reference long-forgotten baseball fields, picnic groves, annual meeting spots etc.
    ColeBen likes this.

us
    Jan 2017
    Western ny
    equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
    4893 times
    Research, cleaning finds, driving out to areas to "window shop" detecting spots. Heck I even detect in the rain if theres no lightning, waterproof detectors are not just for rivers and lakes in my mind.
    ColeBen and AurumHunter024 like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Scotland, Aye !!

Oct 2004
    N. San Diego area (Pic of my two best 'finds'; son and grandson)
    Minelab Explorer
    12129 times
    Research and History
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Research online to ascertain which local library has the CVM books you seek; then check them out of that library--for free. The 'old school' way still works.
    Don......
    ColeBen likes this.

May 2018
    Philadelphia
    70 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Plumbata View Post
    I don't know anything about the items you're looking for, but on "rainy days" (winter) I like to trawl through old digitized newspaper archives for good leads, and being in Philly I'd imagine that there are gobs of old digitally archived newspapers from the area. I prefer to look for information discussing the old garbage dumps of the towns but they also reference long-forgotten baseball fields, picnic groves, annual meeting spots etc.
    Thank you this is awesome advice, it’s kinda gloomy here so I will definitely be using some of your prospecting ideas

May 2018
    Philadelphia
    70 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tpmetal View Post
    Research, cleaning finds, driving out to areas to "window shop" detecting spots. Heck I even detect in the rain if theres no lightning, waterproof detectors are not just for rivers and lakes in my mind.
    this is good stuff too, never thought about window shopping on my “off” days.
    My detector Is a White’s treasure Master, I’m nervous about getting the actually unit wet, the face part of it, it’s New and I’m new to White’s completely, I do know the coil is waterproof and I have submerged the coil itself in shallow waters. I just don’t want it to break down on me if the box gets to wet. Before my pinpointer broke I was always in the rain, any kind of water and I was there.

Thanks for your feedback TPmetal

May 2018
    Philadelphia
    70 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackaydon View Post
    Research online to ascertain which local library has the CVM books you seek; then check them out of that library--for free. The 'old school' way still works.
    Don......
    Heya Don, I have searched the libraries locally online, they do have one KVM but it’s a book that’s not only allowed in library use only and it said on the site it was pretty far from me. I definitely am not opposed to doing old fashioned homework lol.

I did just get an awesome book on the oldest part of Philadelphia and it’s history so I’m digging that right now.

Thanks for the feedback Don

May 2018
    Philadelphia
    70 times
    THANK YOU everyone, I’m using all your suggestions as they were all great.
    Definitely helped my rainy day blues.
    Happy hunting all <3

Apr 2017
    Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2 Nokta pinpointer
    1330 times
    If you see a cat in a hat wishing to come inside do not let him in. From memory that was a boring rainy day gone wrong.

Chub

us
    Jan 2017
    Western ny
    equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
    4893 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ColeBen View Post
    this is good stuff too, never thought about window shopping on my “off” days.
    My detector Is a White’s treasure Master, I’m nervous about getting the actually unit wet, the face part of it, it’s New and I’m new to White’s completely, I do know the coil is waterproof and I have submerged the coil itself in shallow waters. I just don’t want it to break down on me if the box gets to wet. Before my pinpointer broke I was always in the rain, any kind of water and I was there.

Thanks for your feedback TPmetal
    yeah I wouldn't take out your detector in the rain.

Sponsored Links