ColeBen

May 21, 2018
Philadelphia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Master.
Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So it’s really rainy here and I wasn’t wondering what do you guys do to keep from going insane?
I wanted to read and do some prospecting... I really want to read KVMs hunting manual #6 and #7 but it sucks because on eBay they are $50.+ I’m looking for a pdf version or kindle version I can pay for (it would be a lot cheaper) but I am not having any luck.

ARe there any good reads online either in pdf/kindle or just online format that aren’t cheap or free and morn a whole bunch of bs ?
Recommendations please

Thanks in advance everyone đź–¤

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know anything about the items you're looking for, but on "rainy days" (winter) I like to trawl through old digitized newspaper archives for good leads, and being in Philly I'd imagine that there are gobs of old digitally archived newspapers from the area. I prefer to look for information discussing the old garbage dumps of the towns but they also reference long-forgotten baseball fields, picnic groves, annual meeting spots etc.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Research, cleaning finds, driving out to areas to "window shop" detecting spots. Heck I even detect in the rain if theres no lightning, waterproof detectors are not just for rivers and lakes in my mind.

OP
OP
ColeBen

ColeBen

May 21, 2018
Philadelphia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Master.
Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know anything about the items you're looking for, but on "rainy days" (winter) I like to trawl through old digitized newspaper archives for good leads, and being in Philly I'd imagine that there are gobs of old digitally archived newspapers from the area. I prefer to look for information discussing the old garbage dumps of the towns but they also reference long-forgotten baseball fields, picnic groves, annual meeting spots etc.

Thank you this is awesome advice, it’s kinda gloomy here so I will definitely be using some of your prospecting ideas

OP
OP
ColeBen

ColeBen

May 21, 2018
Philadelphia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Master.
Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Research, cleaning finds, driving out to areas to "window shop" detecting spots. Heck I even detect in the rain if theres no lightning, waterproof detectors are not just for rivers and lakes in my mind.

this is good stuff too, never thought about window shopping on my “off” days.
My detector Is a White’s treasure Master, I’m nervous about getting the actually unit wet, the face part of it, it’s New and I’m new to White’s completely, I do know the coil is waterproof and I have submerged the coil itself in shallow waters. I just don’t want it to break down on me if the box gets to wet. Before my pinpointer broke I was always in the rain, any kind of water and I was there.

Thanks for your feedback TPmetal

OP
OP
ColeBen

ColeBen

May 21, 2018
Philadelphia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Master.
Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Research online to ascertain which local library has the CVM books you seek; then check them out of that library--for free. The 'old school' way still works.
Don......

Heya Don, I have searched the libraries locally online, they do have one KVM but it’s a book that’s not only allowed in library use only and it said on the site it was pretty far from me. I definitely am not opposed to doing old fashioned homework lol.

I did just get an awesome book on the oldest part of Philadelphia and it’s history so I’m digging that right now.

Thanks for the feedback Don

OP
OP
ColeBen

ColeBen

May 21, 2018
Philadelphia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Master.
Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THANK YOU everyone, I’m using all your suggestions as they were all great.
Definitely helped my rainy day blues.
Happy hunting all <3

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you see a cat in a hat wishing to come inside do not let him in. From memory that was a boring rainy day gone wrong.

Chub

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this is good stuff too, never thought about window shopping on my “off” days.
My detector Is a White’s treasure Master, I’m nervous about getting the actually unit wet, the face part of it, it’s New and I’m new to White’s completely, I do know the coil is waterproof and I have submerged the coil itself in shallow waters. I just don’t want it to break down on me if the box gets to wet. Before my pinpointer broke I was always in the rain, any kind of water and I was there.

Thanks for your feedback TPmetal

yeah I wouldn't take out your detector in the rain.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread