Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Back in the mid 60s, I was with my family at my grandfather's house. My mother had seven brothers and sisters and almost all were there with their families. It was a very noisy place with so many small to mid sized cousins running around plus the adults. Finally, my second oldest uncle and his fairly new wife plus her parents and family showed up. When the In-Laws walked in, the air totally changed, the cousins were made to be quiet and sit down (punishment). The In-Laws were pretty stiff acting and it had even become awkward as everyone sized everyone up.

Now my grandfather was a man of many words and sayings and one never knew what would come out of his mouth at any given time. He could even embarrass someone in a heartbeat, you never knew. One time an uncle ad brought his new girlfriend to meet his parents, she was quite the looker so the uncle was both very proud and nervous. Everything went very well and the uncle was relieved as they got up to leave. As the young lady smiled and said goodbye, my grandfather said, "See more of you the next time that we go swimming." My uncle was horrified but the young woman just smiled and answered, Yes, I reckon you would." I do believe that it was the last time that this uncle brought a first date home to meet his parents.

So, back to our story, it had become really quiet as various ones sought for something to say when one of the toddlers got up and slowly began walking across the floor. Just about the time that the toddler was in the middle of the hardwood floor, he let out a big loud fart that surprised everyone. My grandfather immediately said, "Who fired that shot?" Emma, the In-Law patriarch, suddenly laughed out loud at both the fart and my grandfather's saying and all was well. The ice was broken and now the sound of a noisy house filled the air again. Emma and family actually began to come to a lot of the family gatherings after that and looked forward to them.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dirtlooter, what a great story. It's a shame that one such as this toddler couldn't accompany the president on one of his presidential visits or summits with Russia, North Korea, or China in an attempt to "Clear the Air". Lol :hello:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great story! Thank's for sharing!:occasion14:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing! :icon_thumleft:

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Story! My grandfather would say "Get off that frog" whenever he or anyone else farted.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a beauty dirtlooter, thanks for the laugh!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
A fart is just a belch that took a wrong turn. Just for the medical records.:laughing7: Great story dirtlooter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread