Coin collectors hope for younger generation.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Bengsxr

Jul 14, 2018
Pearland, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see this issue also with my children not being interested in any of the hobbies I enjoy. My son who is now 17 doesn’t collect anything. I have boxes of ball cards and vintage Atari stuff and he shows no interest. They do not enjoy holding a piece of history and just thinking about what it could tell you if it could talk. Don’t even get me started on the work ethic of the kids but it is my own fault for not staying on them. I just always thought it is easier to do myself. As a child if my father was working on anything I was right under him waiting and bugging him to help.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I see this issue also with my children not being interested in any of the hobbies I enjoy. My son who is now 17 doesn’t collect anything. I have boxes of ball cards and vintage Atari stuff and he shows no interest. They do not enjoy holding a piece of history and just thinking about what it could tell you if it could talk. Don’t even get me started on the work ethic of the kids but it is my own fault for not staying on them. I just always thought it is easier to do myself. As a child if my father was working on anything I was right under him waiting and bugging him to help.

It’s a different generation I tell you. My boys started working at 18 when they started college and I’m happy to say they’re naturally smart like there momma. One has one more year to be a petroleum engineer and the other has 3 years for nursing, but both of these morons didn’t get their drivers license till they where 18. I had to make them!!! I got my license on my 15th Birthday and already had my Mom teach me at 14, so I was ready. As far as history or anything I enjoy forget about it. I call them intelligent morons, but at LEAST they’re in college and have remanded Republicans [emoji1317]

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s a different generation I tell you. My boys started working at 18 when they started college and I’m happy to say they’re naturally smart like there momma. One has one more year to be a petroleum engineer and the other has 3 years for nursing, but both of these morons didn’t get their drivers license till they where 18. I had to make them!!! I got my license on my 15th Birthday and already had my Mom teach me at 14, so I was ready. As far as history or anything I enjoy forget about it. I call them intelligent morons, but at LEAST they’re in college and have remanded Republicans [emoji1317]

HI , PLENTY of persons with medical conditions and disabilities will never able to drive so what do you call them ?

Tp

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What nothing Who calls anyone a moron because they didn,t have a driving permit by the time their 18 years old. Just like some of his other posts likes to impose his opinion of all things on others. TP

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
My son and daughter both were interested in coin collecting. They helped dad roll hunt. Then, along came the Iphone, which soon ended their interest in most of the things they used to enjoy.

Justin1978

Jul 11, 2018
Proctor, AR
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter gold digger.... HEY!!!! it was all i could afford
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What nothing Who calls anyone a moron because they didn,t have a driving permit by the time their 18 years old. Just like some of his other posts likes to impose his opinion of all things on others. TP

Ooooooohhh, I'm new here and don't know anyone, I see now that y'all two obviously do, so with much sorrow, I respectfully withdraw from this race.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ooooooohhh, I'm new here and don't know anyone, I see now that y'all two obviously do, so with much sorrow, I respectfully withdraw from this race.

Hl Justin, For many years i gave my time as a volunteer swim instructor and in recent times the kids I teach seem to be stressed when their parents are hanging around. At times it gets really ugly . Not only do so many say horrible things to their children because they yet no mastered the basics . Few be come rude aggressive and insulting to the many volunteers . I trying teach a group of kids at all different levels a life saving skill thats hard enough . Seems some parents need lighten up on their kids and stop being so demanding . How someone brings up their kids is their business when in their own home.But on a public forum or a public swimming pool who has the right to have their opinion on these matters. TP ps we are running out volunteers who give their time for free.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Trust 1253,
I agree completely with that article.
One has only to look at Stamp Collecting to see what the lack of youth has done to that hobby. Coin and stamp exhibitors used to occupy about equal space at Coin and Stamp Exhibitions. Today, I doubt that even 10% of these exhibitions are occupied for stamp collectors. I've also offered my kids my collection of collecting stamps over the last 60 years. They gave me a funny look then went back to their games on their hand devices.
Don......

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not sure, but i suspect stamp collecting died because of technology and the ease of producing very believable counterfeits.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree with Don here as a stamp collector and coin collector.

There was a member here 3 or so years back who was a new young fellow, I think with a family. He seems so interested in this hobby. I spent many hours sorting through my stamp collection to maybe begin a collecting hobby for him, mailed him hundreds of stamps. Someone else did as well, might have been Don.

And then we never heard from him again, don't remember receiving a Thank You. He hasn't been on TNet since. At least we tried. Not everyone has the same passion we do.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Oh looks like we have a sensitivity problem here. Go melt away snowflake making a father/son relationship and comparing it to a handicapped person is ridiculous. I WAS a moron since he was lazy and didn’t mind having his momma bring him everywhere and handicapped person has no choice. You obviously go through life with 0% common sense.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My son and daughter both were interested in coin collecting. They helped dad roll hunt. Then, along came the Iphone, which soon ended their interest in most of the things they used to enjoy.

At least the seed has been planted :)

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I have no idea who he/she is. First welcome to the forum this isn’t the norm and don’t apologize to someone who’s not normal.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hl Justin, For many years i gave my time as a volunteer swim instructor and in recent times the kids I teach seem to be stressed when their parents are hanging around. At times it gets really ugly . Not only do so many say horrible things to their children because they yet no mastered the basics . Few be come rude aggressive and insulting to the many volunteers . I trying teach a group of kids at all different levels a life saving skill thats hard enough . Seems some parents need lighten up on their kids and stop being so demanding . How someone brings up their kids is their business when in their own home.But on a public forum or a public swimming pool who has the right to have their opinion on these matters. TP ps we are running out volunteers who give their time for free.

❄️Beta Male Syndrome❄️

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Trust 1253,
I agree completely with that article.
One has only to look at Stamp Collecting to see what the lack of youth has done to that hobby. Coin and stamp exhibitors used to occupy about equal space at Coin and Stamp Exhibitions. Today, I doubt that even 10% of these exhibitions are occupied for stamp collectors. I've also offered my kids my collection of collecting stamps over the last 60 years. They gave me a funny look then went back to their games on their hand devices.
Don......

Have you seen a depreciation value over the years with stamps?

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree with Don here as a stamp collector and coin collector.

There was a member here 3 or so years back who was a new young fellow, I think with a family. He seems so interested in this hobby. I spent many hours sorting through my stamp collection to maybe begin a collecting hobby for him, mailed him hundreds of stamps. Someone else did as well, might have been Don.

And then we never heard from him again, don't remember receiving a Thank You. He hasn't been on TNet since. At least we tried. Not everyone has the same passion we do.

That a hard pill to swallow but what can you do except move one. One thing I did get out of this is you’re a good man. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions