Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So I am at the store, waiting outside in the truck while the little woman is buying a pot roast for me to cook. There is a very nice motorcycle sitting outside and off to the side is a very small moped. I can see an elderly woman talking to this tall guy. This tall guy is fully decked out in leather, has tattoos, crew cut with a tail in the back with feathers dangling. He has the black leather gloves with the fingers cut out etc with the black leather boots.

Now I have rode big bikes for years and just recently gave my 98 1500 Vulcan Classic II up because of my right foot. My wife had commented on how nice the bike was before she went in the store and it was a very beautiful bike. So, the two quit talking and the elderly woman drives off in her SUV. The fully decked out biker dude? He goes and gets on the little moped and putts off. My wife comes out and I point out to her the missing moped and her eyes get really big. She couldn't believe anyone would want to wear all of that hot black leather on a hot day like it is much less be seen riding a moped! Yeah, it was quite the sight but he was "cool!"

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Born to be Mild"? 😁

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I got to ride like the wind to be free again! Even if it’s at 10 miles an hour.:laughing7:

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey dirtlooter!! PLEASE!! To bad you didn't get a picture of him!! One picture would have been worth a Thousand Words!! He HE!! VERDE!!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Ya never know. And grinding leather off on the blacktop has preserved my hide...

Spotted a couple nice bikes while sitting and waiting in my truck too.
Big enough bikes to be careful rocking them when not rolling.
A couple approached them dressed to ride , and the gal looked like she was threatening the hundred pound mark...
O.K. ,I'm interested in how she is going to not dump the bike holding it up and knocking the kickstand out and getting rolling.

She fired hers up .Bumped it into gear and revved it a bit before popping the clutch and just drove it off the kickstand...
Away they went.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Get your Moped runnin'......head out on the highway......lookin' for adventure, and whatever comes our way...........Lol

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
He might have lost his license. Here in SC, you don't need a DL for under 50cc. Full leathers on a moped ain't a bad idea. Asphalt still hurts, bad. Looks funny though. Great story, as always, dirtlooter.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey dirtlooter!! PLEASE!! To bad you didn't get a picture of him!! One picture would have been worth a Thousand Words!! He HE!! VERDE!!

yeah, missed a golden opportunity, this guy was at least 6'4" tall and dwarfed the moped. hope you are doing alright VERDE, it was good to hear from you

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Get your Moped runnin'......head out on the highway......lookin' for adventure, and whatever comes our way...........Lol

as long as you're not in a big hurry, bet he was sweating as he putted along.... he was talking to a female so it might be a chick magnet

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
going riding down the freeway on little black moped

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You never really know! Thank you for sharing. :icon_thumleft:

dig deeper now

Jul 10, 2013
fulltiming rv'er anywhere in the 48 states
Detector(s) used
Safari MINELAB, minelab pin pointer,lesche left sided teeth ,Lowe's short shovel,12'' sand scoop 5x9 in. 2900 battery
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you seen what a person looks like after falling off a moped at 50 miles and hour wearing only shorts and a T shirt with no socks and sneakers. A bloody ----- mess till he gets to a hospital. Happy Hunting Your hide is saved with leather!

TheCoinKid

Apr 16, 2013
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Thought you were going to say the elderly woman got on the nice motorcycle and rode away!!!

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thought you were going to say the elderly woman got on the nice motorcycle and rode away!!!

actually have seen several elderly women riding bikes around here. most graduate to the trikes though

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crew cut with a tail and feathers dangling? Wearing leather? Come on now. Sounds like San Francisco during a gay pride parade! That weren't no biker! Just a leatherboy.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Get your Moped runnin'
Head out on the service road,
Lookin' for a Starbucks,
And whatever comes our way...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread