All Treasure Hunting

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The money changers are still in operation. They want a form of exchange that won't fly off their tables everytime Christ comes through in a tizzy.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
.... you will neither be able to buy nor sell".. ....

And to think that as recently as 50-ish years ago, that saying made almost no sense. It was thought to be "symbolic" or .... various attempts to explain it. But now .... strangely, yes: We are entering into a cashless society, where that old saying can have a literal meaning. Kinda eerie !

cactusman

Nov 15, 2015
Western USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, AT Max, AT Pro, Ace 350, GTI-2500, Infinium LS, Scorpion Gold Stinger, Pro-Pointer AT, Fisher F75 LTD2, Gold Bug 2, F-Pulse, Whites 24K, TM-808, Schonstedt Maggie, Falcon MD 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even if all coins ceased tomorrow, with research there will be enough areas to keep metal detector enthusiasts busy for several lifetimes. -- Just look at hard-hit civil war sites that still produce today.

Then there is jewelry... As long as it exists, there will be those who detect for it.

Caches; as long as there is something of value that has metal content, there will be something to search for.

Meteorites; if you've ever flown anywhere over the western USA you will quickly realize just how much land there is out there to search.

Native gold; even the hardest hit nugget areas still produce.

You get the idea... I seriously doubt that metal detecting as a hobby will cease in the next 100-200 years. It may drop off to a small core, but it has always had ups and downs, usually in tune with gold and silver prices. (And a few reality TV shows in recent years.)

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep they ruined it for future generations. This is a hobby which will die out completely in the next 10-20 years. Unless the price of rusted iron and aluminum goes through the roof.
..No the old timers did not ruin it .. What ruined it is all the new ones out here detecting any one that came in after 2000 is a new B to me..

haxor

Aug 23, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If ya gonna go cashless, I'd opt for a *privacy* cryptocurrency coin like Monero, where sender, receiver, and amount are all hidden. Unlike Bitcoin where the all that info is on the public ledger. (but Feds hate that more then cash)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember to keep politics out of thread.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
I like all things futuristic, like a cashless society, robotics, artificial intelligence and posthumanism (going beyond human). In stead of being paid in cash we could get paid in UNITS. Things would cost X amount of units. Of course you would have to be in the system. LOL Most of us older folks won't be around to see it all kick-in.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
beast-666-mens-premium-t-shirt.jpg

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hollyground, I repeat, please keep political comments out of the thread.

haxor

Aug 23, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like all things futuristic, like a cashless society, robotics, artificial intelligence and posthumanism (going beyond human). In stead of being paid in cash we could get paid in UNITS. Things would cost X amount of units. Of course you would have to be in the system. LOL Most of us older folks won't be around to see it all kick-in.

Dollars, Rubles, Dinar, Francs, etc are all just units with fancy names.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread