Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought two...as a backup for my Daughter and a loaner for myself. They're ok...not much depth, but they work. My go-to pinpointer is an X-pointer by Deteknix.

Stringtyer

Jul 29, 2017
The Old North State
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Tesoro Cutlass
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one and I like it. Yeah, it doesn't have the depth some others do but it does a good job for me. I have a pinpoint feature on my detector so depth of pinpointer is not as relevant to me.

Got-Good-Tones

Mar 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have your ever heard the expression "You get what you pay for"...Would suggest the Garrett Pro Pointer AT pinpointer...~ $130.00 USD. Thinking about getting one for my older brother...as he currently has one of the "China" knock-offs...always complaining about it...yada yada yada

Stringtyer

Jul 29, 2017
The Old North State
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Tesoro Cutlass
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While I do own a GP Pointer and, in general, find it quite adequate for most of my detecting, it is by no means a top-shelf pinpointer. Mine will occasionally start beeping for the sheer joy of making noise. I've found if I remove and replace the battery (same battery, not new) before using the first time, the spontaneous beeping isn't as problematic.

I took a piece of clear packing tape and covered the sound holes which makes the unit a bit more water resistant ... still not waterproof.

Again, I know there are "better" pinpointers out there and I will likely buy one someday but for now, the GP Pointer does exactly what I need for it to do.

OP
OP
Mvgirl

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter land ranger pro, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks stringtyer ��

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wonder if you could do the tape a coin to the side of the pointer trick for more depth with the GP.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I got one just to try it out and it is not water proof . But i have my old Garrett black pro pointer and i do not see much difference in my old garrett black pro and the GP pinpointer

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
The only thing on buying one like that is you really have no good warranty on them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread