What to do with Native American artifacts? Tools, effigies, axes and Spears

jthrasher

Tenderfoot
Aug 19, 2018
Rio Grande Valley Texas
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would like to sell our collection of Native American artifacts. My husband collected the pieces in the 1950’s. I have searched the internet and can’t find some of the pieces we have. I am not sure where to sell...eBay?? 08867970-75E1-4CA0-ADBF-81F23A5CFA0D.jpeg

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might want to post this in the "Native American Artifacts" thread. It is further down on the main page. Many knowledgeable people there will give you good advice. Best of luck with your collection.

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
If you've searched the internet and can't find the pieces you have then you most likely have what are commonly called geo-facts, in other words.....plain ole rocks.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only artifact I see is the pale axe at the bottom right side between the 2 dark stones, with out better pictures I don't see any other Indian artifacts in picture

Rckluvr86

Nov 9, 2018
Southern Mo
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to sell our collection of Native American artifacts. My husband collected the pieces in the 1950’s. I have searched the internet and can’t find some of the pieces we have. I am not sure where to sell...eBay?? View attachment 1623568

There's a lot great things there I've seen most of that in my researching good luck selling and future hunting

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see several artifacts in the photo. As fyrffytr said, under the forum page, scroll down to the “ North American Indian Arifacts” forum and post them there. You should take photos of a few items at a time, and use a neutral background.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Philvis

Mar 24, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
See if an area college has an anthropology/archaeology dept. and reach out to them. Unfortunately with lithics, more often than not they need to be seen in person and held to classify them or determine they are nothing.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
These guys are right...see if there's anyone really knowledgeable close to you that can see your stuff in person.

I see a few in there that look good...A solid background, like Red or a Bright Royal Blue that show details helps a lot along with spacing in a group shot or just do one at a time.

In the meantime you might want to check Texas artifacts sites online where you can compare the photos to your collection.... Or whatever state they were found in.

Good Luck!

Kace

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I leave them. They have no value whatsoever to me. The only one I almost brought home was a matate that had been broken to release the owners spirit. That touched me.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I leave them. They have no value whatsoever to me. The only one I almost brought home was a matate that had been broken to release the owners spirit. That touched me.
Interesting. What culture is that from? Most grinding basins and grinding stones were buried complete with the owners in the Plains Village farmer culture. They didn't believe it held the owner's spirit. Now the southwestern peoples did have a tradition of 'killing' certain items and including them in burial. I don't know if that was to release the owner's spirit, though.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I also see several items although some are crudely made and one wonders if they were made by Native Americans or some folks trying to produce imitations. Better pics of each item as well as pics of both sides and/or from different angles might help with identification.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions