Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So much for the tunnel. That was a disappointment. They seem to be clutching at straws now. The tech they have is pretty impressive.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It does look like that Tunnel is the right age... I am not to confident with the way to get a dead battery started as they did. But it did seem to work.. The gold cloth was a significant thing to find..

Was slow but interesting...

I used to Bring My Car battery in the House,
take the caps off & set it on top of the Coal stove,
to get a Quick Charge to Jolt my Engine over.
Not an unknown Process.
The risk of Explosion is a Surprise though.
Of course I don't know if it would have Spilled or
Fell in the fire, I don't know. or if I would have stoked the fire up to near melt the battery.

I've read of Spit & Bird Crap in the acid tubes working also,
Though Spitting on a birds Butt right before he Poops in the Battery would be Tricky :tongue3:

Back to the Serous Side.
I never heard of Gold Cloth.
Except Jason and the Argonauts golden fleece :laughing7:

Last edited:

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They will never find the Jesuit treasure. The dang Limeys blew up all of the clues from 1900s up until the 1940s. Does anyone know the actual coordinates of the La Plazuela Mission, by chance?

Jon Phillips

Mar 10, 2009
Riverview Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F-75, MXT, 6000di sl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The problem with keeping up with the show on dvr is that there are two different versions of the show...the main one on the Discovery channel that airs on Fridays, and the one that airs on the Science channel on Sundays.

The Sunday, Science channel version is a rehash show that is behind on the episodes from Discovery channel, but somehow way ahead on episode numbers...they must have started with last season as the first episodes of this season, even though they are totally different hunts. (It's even still called Treasure Quest: Snake Island on the dvr/search functions, even though it is just called "Treasure Quest" now.)

I watch an episode or two ahead of broadcast by searching for "on demand" episodes...they catch up on the broadcast, then list a couple more...but no commercials on those pre-broadcast episodes. Sometimes the next episode will be listed like: "Ep 9 Episode 13" like the name is "Episode 13", then it will correct and list it as "Ep 9 Payday", which is the actual name of the Discovery episode, and the "Episode 13" will end up being the Science channel rehash that will be listed as "new" and a rehash of like episode 6 or so....

Confusing...right?

I keep track of what I have watched by doing a search, and seeing what I have already watched, and what is next on demand or on the Friday broadcast, and ignore the Science channel ones, or ones with a much higher episode number than what is actually next.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whats with their guide ? He's had the same blue shirt on the entire series ???

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whats with their guide ? He's had the same blue shirt on the entire series ???

Considering how much Time is wasted, Id guess so Far everything with Him was Filmed in 1 Day or Less.
Also keeps down his Payday Checks to 1 hour for the entire season :laughing7:

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last episode was pretty amazing. They did like gold bars on the video. It will be a tuff diving job to recover them. Seeing as they have left for the season what are the chances the locals will come in and loot the treasure before they get back next year...

They must of left some type of security one would think.. Given that the tunnel is on the side of a mountain you would think it would be possible to drain it..

I really do hope they have found the treasure.. That would be amazing...

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Nothing in the last episode made any sense to me, everything they found and its relative location does not match the San Roman document.

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Here is the document for those interested 734ABA94-559D-4D4F-B167-A9EC13FD6F9C.jpeg 88C1E7C2-94CA-41D3-B541-51DD2E336812.jpeg

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I thought that it was interesting when the one guy fell going into the hole and they sent the medic in. The guys were all wearing heavier clothes and here comes the medic, out in the middle of nowhere, wearing what looked like scrubs.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing in the last episode made any sense to me, everything they found and its relative location does not match the San Roman document.

Of course That could be the reason they Succeeded.
If they did. Better Research

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought that it was interesting when the one guy fell going into the hole and they sent the medic in. The guys were all wearing heavier clothes and here comes the medic, out in the middle of nowhere, wearing what looked like scrubs.

Women Dress the Part no Matter What.

Tell a woman Your taking her Fishing for Week.
If she agrees to go, Shell Have to go Buy a Whole Wardrobe that Says I belong Here.
Or at least What she " Thinks " Says I belong Here.:laughing9:

she won't just throw on a pair of jeans,
pack a spare pair in a faux plastic grocery bag, and say let's go.

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to star in that show lol

Top Member Reactions