Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Facebook, like twitter, is slowly dying. The algorithmic meddling, censorship and banning of all the most entertaining users and pages because godforsaken humorless snowflakes keep melting-down when they see people with differing opinions has completely ruined it. Millions of people hate Zuckerbook and have moved on to much more vibrant and free platforms so it's just a matter of time before it goes the way of MySpace, and good riddance when it does.

ken135

Sep 24, 2017
Indiana
Detector(s) used
F75LTD, G2+, Tesoro Mojave & Bandido 2 micro-max, Deep Tech GG & X
Primary Interest:
Other
I was happy mine didn't go through the day of the IPO. But the corrupt bankers (with help from the corrupt stock brokers) dumped the stock on poor saps like me four days later. The banks got their $42 a share and then it tanked. That debacle is the main reason I haven't bought any stocks in six years.

The stock market is corrupt to the core. Insider trading, insider information, short selling and so on makes it tough for the average person to have a chance in the stock market.

Agree. But you can, if you act like those small little fish that follow the sharks and eat what's left over. Then sell when all the sharks are telling you how great it is.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then sell when all the sharks are telling you how great it is

This is the best advice for the stock market. When the analysts are telling you to buy, sell. When they're telling you to sell, buy. It's all a con game. They want you to sell good stocks because their cronies want to buy on the dip. They want you to buy bad stocks because their cronies want to dump a declining stock on you.

I recently told an elderly friend to buy Apple stock before their last earnings report. Why? Because all the analysts were saying it's a slow time of the year and don't expect much from Apple. That's all I needed to hear. She did buy 10 shares and is now up $370.00 on a $1,900.00 investment, but she should have bought ten times those shares. She would have been up $3,700.00 right now.

Bottom line, ALL the analysts are corrupt and working for someone on the side. Trust no one involved in the stock market and you'll do okay.

ken135

Sep 24, 2017
Indiana
Detector(s) used
F75LTD, G2+, Tesoro Mojave & Bandido 2 micro-max, Deep Tech GG & X
Primary Interest:
Other
Another hard lesson for me to learn in the stock market was "Know what you own (the company) and why you own it". Then don't look at the stock price until the "why" comes to fruition.

Wall Street only makes money if stocks are going up or down. No one makes money in a flat market.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Zuck is not going to crash his company with that amount of shares. He is profit taking and diversifying. I have my eye on it but I am not distressed about the sales. I is smart on his part to have other interests. If FB starts to tank there is time to get out with profits. I bought it right and I will exit it when the time comes!

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
1941 Merc fat fender, 1963 split window VW van and 1956 oval window VW Bug with rag slider.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Agree. But you can, if you act like those small little fish that follow the sharks and eat what's left over. Then sell when all the sharks are telling you how great it is.

That is another reason why I never invested in the Stock Market. The first reason is because I really don't understand the stock market, the second is because I have never had the money to invest and the third reason is because I have made sooo damn many financial blunders in my life that I don't trust my own advice, so I am damn sure not going to take any financial advice from others.:laughing7:???:laughing7::laughing7:

Last edited:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like most kids from the 50's & 60's,, I had a huge collection of Baseball cards and Comic books. Gone,, all gone.

ContactGSW

Greenie
Mar 2, 2016
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, CZ21. Tessoro Vaquero, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Silver and old

What have you had that was SOLD, THROWN AWAY, STOLEN,...etc.,that would be worth big money today?
My mother in law used to throw away my father in laws comic books ,that he had collected since he was a kid, when she would clean house back in the 50's. ( a couple at a time ) I don't know specifics of what he had, but he graduated high school in '47, during the golden age of comics!
:sadsanta::sadsanta:

My Grampa gave me a drawer full of silver coins when I was 15. Over a hundred, dimes, quarters, 50 centers and dollars. Put them in a draw in my room. Years later when I went to look they were gone. My six year old brother had found the stash and spent it all on ice cream over the months at the local convenience store. He finally admitted it after 30 years.

My dad found an old Springfield musket in a coal bin in Wisconsin. Beautiful shape, with all the parts. I still have it, but after all the playing/damage, by 5 kids over decades, it may be worth $100 for someone to hang over their fireplace as decoration.

johnsonraider

Tenderfoot
Aug 4, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Horror movies are so interesting and unforgettable photo click in mind. When We feel we are alone in back light so most of people think our back side is someone stand.

When you read books s you get unbelievable stories with full suspense. I also read some books when I travel in train. We don't get disturbance and all the focus on book.

When I was a bachelor, me and my friendsare watch sexy movies but now we watch sexy and horror movies. I watch horror movies on netflix . It is really awesome and good. Every Sunday or any day when we plan to watch movies.

Last edited by a moderator:

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like most kids from the 50's & 60's,, I had a huge collection of Baseball cards and Comic books. Gone,, all gone.

I saved my baseballs cards from the 60's and early 70's, but they weren't worth a heck of a lot. Back then, we actually played with them. We put them in the spokes of our bikes and flipped them (knock down the cards leaning against a wall). Never had plastic sheets to protect them, so they got beat up just sitting around in a shoebox. So don't dwell on it, guys. Your cards (and comics) were probably beat up as well.

I still have a few of my 1960's cards. Here's two of my favorite player of all time, Carl Yastrzemski. As you can see, I wasn't too kind to my cards as a kid! But the memories attached to these cards make them priceless to me...

DSC09414.JPG DSC09413.JPG

OP
OP
mdj

mdj

May 15, 2011
midwest
Detector(s) used
ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't post my running totals for coins because I had a break in, and had a large mason jar full of my clad coins stolen. He also got a lot of my collectible currency and dug silver coins too. He was on foot so he just grabbed what he could carry. I estimate he stole between 500 and 750 dollars worth of my collection. Not a huge amount, but many hours worth of digging and collecting.

OP
OP
mdj

mdj

May 15, 2011
midwest
Detector(s) used
ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He also stole a large leather billfold that my father brought home from Japan. He was stationed there during Korea and he bought for my grandfather. After my grandfather died he got it, and after my dad died I got it. It was a rectangular with a zipper and had a great designs on it. Dragons and a map of Japan on the back. It was in my family for decades.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a Patek Philippe when I was 17 for 6500 sold it 10 months later for 12500 Whoopee It sold Jan 2014 for a cool million and went straight to Antiquorum in switzerland 6 mos later for 1.5 million Oh the crying

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He also stole a large leather billfold that my father brought home from Japan. He was stationed there during Korea and he bought for my grandfather. After my grandfather died he got it, and after my dad died I got it. It was a rectangular with a zipper and had a great designs on it. Dragons and a map of Japan on the back. It was in my family for decades.
I have a similar wallet. It was a bring back from a Korean war vet. Has several of old business cards from over there, local whorehouses included.

I bought a Patek Philippe when I was 17 for 6500 sold it 10 months later for 12500 Whoopee It sold Jan 2014 for a cool million and went straight to Antiquorum in switzerland 6 mos later for 1.5 million Oh the crying
Who has 6500 to spend on a watch nowadays, much less when they were 17 years old? Related to Trump? I guess some people are born lucky, others are born with a hard way to go with no way to get there.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's a couple of my mistakes that I kick myself for.When the south Carolina State quarter first came out I had rolls of them.only to learn later that the confederate flag over the palm tree wasn't suppose to be there.It was snuck onto the coin.I spent the rolls I had as regular quarters not knowing at the time that they were worth 500 bucks apiece.My other mistake was selling my car.It was a factory ordered drag car.A 340 dodge dart.Twin hood scoops,posi rear end.Straight from the factory it would do mid 12 seconds in the quarter mile.Very quick.Its worth a pretty penny today.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who has 6500 to spend on a watch nowadays, much less when they were 17 years old? Related to Trump? I guess some people are born lucky, others are born with a hard way to go with no way to get there.
Fair enough question. No not related to Trump, actually quite the opposite. I grew up in the Barrios of South Side Whittier CA. The gangs fought in the streets. I wore hand me downs and thrift store clothes. We were blessed by the church feeding us once a week. My mom and Dad had 11 children. I am number 9. When there is no money and your only 2 choices are to join a gang or get out, most take the easy route. All of my friends that joined gangs are long long dead. I chose to get out. I mowed my first lawn when I was 5 years old then I started mowing her neighbor then the whole block. By 8 or 9 I was also washing windows. I saved all of my money and bought my first car when I was 14. I still have it. Mowing lawns got me the opportunity to get into neighbors garages. I started buying mowers and edgers and anything else I could get my hands on to fix and flip with a sign in my Dads front yard. Then came the Recycler ad paper and that expanded my reach to people to sell to. By the time I was 17 I was flipping volkswagons and camaros and of course shopped with a passion to feed my watch habit. Mind you, I was not yet wealthy and I wish I could have kept that Patek. But I did make a huge profit which got rolled into something else to grow the pot. I assure you, there are very few people in this world that are "born Lucky" and there is no such thing as "no way to get there" (unless you are born with a serious disability) I have to say, this statement you made brought back a flush of memories of all of my friends saying this very same thing. P.S. They all joined gangs. I went to work.
After thought: I need to express here that this was not meant in any way to offend anyone. This is the story of my life. I worked very hard to get where I am when I was born in the bleakest forecast you can imagine. Today as you probably can deduce from my pages, I want for nothing. If I had Trumps money or even a fraction of it. I could do so very much to help keep kids out of gangs. We as a collective interested group support Foster Childrens programs and fully support anti gang activities in our communities. We give what we can and actively raise money through charities to try and at least give a glimmer of hope to kids that are born with nothing. The only program that existed for me when I was growing up was a free lunch at the park in the summer.

Last edited:

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saved my baseballs cards from the 60's and early 70's, but they weren't worth a heck of a lot. Back then, we actually played with them. We put them in the spokes of our bikes and flipped them (knock down the cards leaning against a wall). Never had plastic sheets to protect them, so they got beat up just sitting around in a shoebox. So don't dwell on it, guys. Your cards (and comics) were probably beat up as well.

I still have a few of my 1960's cards. Here's two of my favorite player of all time, Carl Yastrzemski. As you can see, I wasn't too kind to my cards as a kid! But the memories attached to these cards make them priceless to me...

View attachment 1628562 View attachment 1628563

It seemed like he could do no wrong in 1967. I still remember where I was during many events that season; 8-18-67 I was in the center field bleachers with my little league team when Tony C was beaned by Jack Hamilton. Big Don Mincher hit two home runs in that game to center field for the Angels. When they clinched, I was fishing for smelt at Onset with the transistor radio on. You can't find smelt any longer, but we can still watch the Red Sox. My wife gets me the MLB tv single team subscription every year for my birthday. Hope you enjoyed this season!

Yes, we did all the same things with cards - bicycle spokes, flipping, etc.

Last edited:

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sighs....My first Car was a 69 Trans Am Hard top. Only 689 were made. If you count the the 7 convertibles then 697 Trans Am's were built that year. My father purchased it second hand for my mother back in 72. It was given to me for my 16th birthday and i kept it until 1995. Long story short, rust got hold of it and i parted it out. I suspect these cars go for big bucks now days!

Here are pictures of the car before it was cut up into pieces. The original paint was stripped off back in 1977 (White with blue stripes) to try and stop the rust. I am pretty sure my mother has pictures of the car before it was painted but i do not. Just the same its real!

The car was still running in this picture. My Father is in the foreground
FullSizeRender_7.jpg

When i joined the Air force the car went to my Grandmothers house in Missouri and sat in the back yard for about 6 years.
this is my cousin in front of it.
FullSizeRender.jpg

From their i loaded it up on a trailer and pulled it to Arizona where it was cut up into little pieces.

FullSizeRender_1.jpg

Picture of dash in Arizona
FullSizeRender_3.jpg

Car cut up and engine removed
FullSizeRender_4.jpg

Another picture of the dash
FullSizeRender_5.jpg

Rear with spoiler attached
FullSizeRender_2.jpg

VIN # for those who care to look it up
FullSizeRender_6.jpg

I sold the Engine, Rear end, and title as well as the cowl assy with the VIN number still attached to a guy in Oklahoma. He said he was going to restore it. I wonder if it ever happened?

Last edited:

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sighs....My first Car was a 69 Trans Am Hard top. Only 689 were made. If you count the the 7 convertibles then 697 Trans Am's were built that year. My father purchased it second hand for my mother back in 72. It was given to me for my 16th birthday and i kept it until 1995. Long story short, rust got hold of it and i parted it out. I suspect these cars go for big bucks now days!
Egads You had one? You are correct The TA Ram air 3 698 produced is worth 62K rusty and 158K concourse. The TA ram air 4 brings 127 to 260K and had you had the convertible 8 produced i believe not 7 a whopping 650K rusty and 1.2 million concourse. Give me your address and I will send you a pillow to cry on :)
My first car is a 1950 Willys overland Jeepster. I still have it but it has not done nearly as well as yours. I should have picked better!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread