Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree160Likes

Thread: Grrr! Someones trying to steal my treasure!!!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Rook

Nov 2013
    Mississippi
    XP Deus
    4542 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I know you know this by now buy never disclose you places. Good luck.
    Words not spoken never have to be defended

us
    Jun 2006
    Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
    WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
    2191 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TooManyHobbies View Post
    Pirate: "I lost a size 10 silver ring, can I have it now?"
    Me: Sure! I'll meet you at the front desk of the ***** police dept. so I can have my Lt. witness me returning it. Oh, I'm 6'7 320# black hair. See you there!
    I know it's here, just need a bigger coil!

I think I know what my last words will be....
    "Hold my beer and watch this!"

Jun 2007
    Minnesota
    Tiger Shark, Xterra 705
    2766 times
    If you post on Craigs list you can remain anonymous while trying to locate an owner. But you have to expect a few strange responses. I recently posted a mans wedding band found at a specific park. One responder lost his ring either in his yard he said or in the city some 10 miles from this park. Another lost his ring at the park, he said, near cabin 9. Except this park as no cabins at all. All part of trying to get something back to owners.
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it

Thomas Jefferson

Charter Member
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    Abita Springs....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    12135 times
    Metal Detecting
    Pirate- Can you send me a picture of that ring I lost?

ca
    Semi-precious rock and gem collecter, classic book reader, horse lover, metal detecter gal.

Aug 2018
    Winnipeg MB.
    Bounty Hunter Jr.
    366 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth1253 View Post
    Pirate- Can you send me a picture of that ring I lost?
    Ha! "Pirate" would be so surprised and mad if he/she knew there was a whole thread making fun of him/her! Lol
    Always check rabbit holes when metal detecting... you never know, there might be karats down there.

Charter Member
    us
    Clint

Jan 2015
    North Carolina
    Ace 350, XP Deus with 9”, 11” and x35 11” coil, MI-6
    867 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    That sounds like a truly genius scam. You shoulda mailed him a cat turd.
    gold boy and dirtdigginfool like this.
    2018 running totals: 33 silver Coins: 2 walking lib halves, 4 Washington quarters, 2 barber dimes, 19 mercs, 4 Rosies, 1 war nickel, 1 silver 2franc dogtag, 2 silver ring, 1 gold ring, 1 sterling fork.

Charter Member
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    Abita Springs....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    12135 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Mvgirl View Post
    Ha! "Pirate" would be so surprised and mad if he/she knew there was a whole thread making fun of him/her! Lol
    Moron lol
    the_mad_cladder likes this.

Dec 2004
    East Central Kentucky
    1813 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Being the guy that looks for lemonade when presented lemons, I would have asked where he lost the ring so I could go look for it....lol

us
    Jan 2018
    North Atlanta
    Equinox 800, ProFind-35 pinpointer, AT Pro with stock coil, Nel Thunder, Garrett 5" x 8" coil, Equinox 6" coil. Garrett Carrot
    225 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggin-N-Dumps View Post
    Oh yea, they are phishing for something. I love the fact they wanted to see the ring. Best thing to do is send some random pic of a ring and see if they bite.

Then of course make up some place for them to meet you and sit back and wait for the reply of why you didn't show up.
    and make sure the place to meet is 60 miles at a McDonalds in a small city away from your city and of course don't show up. Then when they *****, say you returned it to someone else.
    RustyGold likes this.

us
    Sep 2018
    Southern West Virginia
    1 times
    Excuse me for interrupting your conversation, but where do I go to find a good used detector? This is my first time doing this
    Mvgirl likes this.

us
    Been there...Dug that

Mar 2015
    Northern Illinois
    MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS, White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
    1463 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadjrlovesgold View Post
    Excuse me for interrupting your conversation, but where do I go to find a good used detector? This is my first time doing this
    Hi. Try the marketplace forum here on TNet. Always some great bargains there. 😁
    Mvgirl likes this.
    "There's GOLD in them thar hills! Well...at least a coupla nice Mercs."

Charter Member
    us
    DEPLORABLE

Jul 2015
    Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
    E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
    17402 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I belong to the Lost My Stuff Group. We will volunteer to search for lost metal objects for people. Anything from property stakes to jewelry. Most people who use this free service will give you a detailed description of the lost object before you start your search. When I find a silver ring during a regular hunt,, I don't advertise it.
    Lost My Stuff Group - Home
    Mvgirl likes this.
    SOMETIMES I WISH I DIDN'T KNOW NOW ,,, WHAT I DIDN'T KNOW THEN,, Bob Seger

Charter Member
    us
    WP

Mar 2014
    Dallas,GA
    CZ6A
    5008 times
    Quote Originally Posted by boogeyman View Post
    Me: Sure! I'll meet you at the front desk of the ***** police dept. so I can have my Lt. witness me returning it. Oh, I'm 6'7 320# black hair. See you there!
    Some of them don't care...They would argue it in front of police.

We sold Estate jewelry and the same scammers come out, while looking in your cases they say..." That looks like the ring that was stolen from me." ...They are hoping you didn't do the correct paperwork when you bought. And a lot of guys don't for many reasons, doesn't have to be bad intentions. BUT, some that did, may turn over the ring to the con because it's cheaper and easier than trying to deal with police. I've run into it a couple times years back, luckily I did all paperwork correctly and could tell them to stick it. They get loud, start accusing, say they are calling cops, and you just stay calm and tell them.."do what you have to do!" or "please do! If it's really yours they will make sure you get it back, today!!!"They never do though, they give up and move on. Tons of scammers out there of all types!!!
    Mvgirl likes this.

us
    CASPER

Jan 2012
    NEW ENGLAND
    WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
    13423 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (5)
    gotta to watch out with too much information- ive been at this for some time know a lot of hunters - 100s
    heard a lot of stories
    #1 one guy was water hunting - teenagers on shore are making fun of him for awhile
    finally one of the girls goes out and asks if him found anything - he says ...yes and shows her a small gold ring with a pink
    stone. Little while later - life guards goes out and asks if he found girls ring - its gold with a pink stone
    guy says - she never said she lost a ring - little while later police show up and demand he give her the ring - he does
    the groups starts to leave and as they walk away they all turn and wave and laugh at him
    #2 - guy posts tons of gold and relics yrs ago on another forum - he says town where he lives
    guy comes on and says - I'm like next town over - we should hook up - okay - where do you live
    and he tells the guy - week goes by and guy tells him to meet him like 5 miles away - he does and guy
    tells him he'll be a little late but he's on his way. Guy waits like an hour - tries calling guy back - no good
    and finally goes back home - front door is open and everything that was readily available was taken
    lots of valuable relics and a few ring cases
    #3 guy told everyone he was going to Carribean for a couple weeks - he posted on facebook and on forums
    that he was going and exact dates - on face book he mentioned where he lived and someone said
    hey! I'm from same area where do you live and guy told him you know the big gas station on corner of
    blah and blah - next street down - white house about half way down - stop by sometime if youre
    in the neighborhood I'll be back in a few weeks - the guy did after first week he was gone - friend of his
    calls him and says "hey - you got back early from vacation?" he says " no...what are you talking about?"
    I just drove by and your front door was wide open" "Oh crap! - do me a favor and go check my house out"
    friend does and says - like the other guy - everything he had in display cases was gone - Revwar and CW
    stuff all gone.
    got many more I could tell - so just watch out just how much you say
    Ive got a few of my own - but if guy(s) still lurk and I tell those stories - they might try and find me again
    As far as sites go - Yrs ago my GF used to take all kinds of pics of me detecting and when internet started
    I thought nothing of showing those pics along with great finds I made - suddenly - places I had all to myself
    all the time were covered with other hunters - finally a few guys told me that they could tell where I was
    going by the buildings or other land marks in my back grounds - I crop now
    Brendan75, Nitric, Mvgirl and 1 others like this.
    Motto = "I try to hit where others cant or others wont "

us
    We Build, We Fight!

Aug 2007
    Santa Cruz, CA.
    ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
    696 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mvgirl View Post
    There is a good chance "Pirate" is aware of and reading this thread! There are so many lurkers on all the detecting forums ready to run a scam on you!
    Mvgirl likes this.
    SeabeeRon Santa Cruz,CA.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links