SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a lovely and probably expensive ring. The initials are probably maker. Not sure what the numbers might be but either model number or some kind of serial number. I would find a jeweler who charges a fee to do an evaluation.

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
It is a lovely and probably expensive ring. The initials are probably maker. Not sure what the numbers might be but either model number or some kind of serial number. I would find a jeweler who charges a fee to do an evaluation.
Thank You Susan, So far a google search shows that AJ means American Jewelry company. the #'s are there too, but have not learned what they mean yet.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Thank You Susan, So far a google search shows that AJ means American Jewelry company. the #'s are there too, but have not learned what they mean yet...Could also mean Amden Jewelry

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring ! With all the rubies and tiny diamonds , that was a pricey ring in the store. The numbers may be related to a production index .

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet ring find! :occasion14:

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is noteworthy that the ring is 18K, rather than 14K . This difference kicks the ring up in both perceived value , and market value. A very impressive find !

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Custom made ring with the manufacture date? February 8th, 1965? Long shot, but you never know.

Wally Taylor

Jan 3, 2017
Western New York
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster, White's Bullseye II Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The gold content is a good place to start. There are gold buyers who allegedly pay for .03 point stones. My wife tried to sell an old ring to the biggest god-diamond buyer. The ring had nice rubies and diamonds like Yours. His offer was low on the gold, and he offered $2 per Ruby and $3 per diamond. I added up the totalm and his offer was $20 more than the gold is worth. I talked her out of selling it
Those guys will offer $300 for a nice half carat stone, and slightly more than zero for the stones. I think You can figure slightly more than current price for the gold content. I would wait to sell it until gold gets up in the $1300+ range. I really think it' a beautiful ring, and as others have said, 18K gold is usually used on quality jewelry. If it was me, I'd give it to my wife or girlfriend if they don't care that it's second hand. Great find though. I'm pretty jealous!

Wally Taylor

Jan 3, 2017
Western New York
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster, White's Bullseye II Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Also, those channel set Emerald cut Rubies are really nice. I think I'd just put it in my "awesome finds" box. It really is a treasure piece.
How much does it weigh? I might make You an offer.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
That's a beauty. I'll bet it gets a high appraisal. :coffee2:

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Also, those channel set Emerald cut Rubies are really nice. I think I'd just put it in my "awesome finds" box. It really is a treasure piece.
How much does it weigh? I might make You an offer.
Thanks Wally and Everyone!!....I don't know what it weighs, I don't have a scale.............It's one of those things I'll get around to one of these days. I live about 80 miles away from a place to get it appraised, and don't go there very often.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread